Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a competition that caused maximum contreversy back in 99/00 season with us dropping the fa cup for it, but this year around how does it work? this will be more a global exercise than a football competition but imo we should take this more seriously this time around having been shown up at the last one, also does anyone know where this will be hosted i've heard Australia have shown an interest in hosting it in 2009, but does anyone think it's pointless ? :cool:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really, yeah i remember we one a world championship, but we also got smaashed out in brazil didnt we ? the one in japan was a one off game wasn't it ? i cant remember stephen?

The FIFA Club World Cup, formerly known as the FIFA Club World Championship, is a football competition contested between the champion clubs from all 6 continental confederations, although, since 2007, the champions of Oceania must play a qualifying play-off against the champion club of the host country.

The first competition took place in Brazil in January 2000. It was intended by FIFA to be a replacement for the Intercontinental Cup (also known as the Toyota Cup), which was contested annually in Tokyo, Japan by the champions of Europe via the Champions League and South America via the Copa Libertadores.
the one im on about is the tournment, not the one off game we played, you know when becks got sent off anyone remember ? lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's all the champions of ebery continent mate e.g south america asia europe etc .. it explains it in my earlier thread mate ^^^^

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this would be a very worth while competition to win in terms of finances, plus the fact players like carlos and ando have the opportunity to mybe play against some teams from their own country, imagine carlos playing boca lol i dont think he'd like to do that haha

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol wow, this could be a great showdown, i'd love to see us play boca, two world greats !

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
the super cupsheld in monaco, and is on a week night so that shouldnt disrupt our league games, but yes the world club championship would make us a few games behind

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
well we dont know yet as the libertadores is still going on (south american vesion of the champions league) but it looks likely that boca will win it, other than that i dont have a clue who will be in it, does anyone know if this will be televised ??

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
yeah but clarky remember they only had to play 2 games, we had more and yes i thik it will be at the start, also austrailia were tyring to host the competition but im not sure in they suceeded so yes i do believe it's in japan

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
good shout stephen, i will look foward to watching this though, remember the world cup 6 years ago that was brilliant in japan and korea and the world club championship will be a similar spectacle

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
we dont have a rubbish one mate ;) but yeah i would be quite botherd if we went out of the competition, if we're in it we might aswell win it :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
No worries mate.
Getting back to the thread, im quite excited about this competition even though this is no way near a priority, does anybody know if this will be shown on television ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
TheManc said:
I don't know but if either Sky, Setanta, ITV or BBC don't show it then it will definately be on MUTV so either way it'll be on.

Hopefully its on ITV, that way Clive Tyldsley would cover the matches.

lol, yeah i dont mind Clive myself actually, i should imgine it will be on in the pubs though so i wont have to worry too much, im looking forward to it though. Im a bit gutted for Tevez that Boca were a game away from the tournement, but oh well i should suppose it will be a tournement for the likes of Possebon, Fabio, Rafael, Campbell etc :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts