Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If we can go to Saudi Arabia and play in a freindly in the middle of our season...I think we will cope with the European Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup...its just an extra 3 games overseas...win 3 games and win 2 trophies is a good thing for both publicity, honours, income and other fans around the world can see us play...good thing is that we will play in all competitions domestically unlike in 2000...AC Milan might of had a poor season this season and participated in both but we are a much better team than them and I think we can cope and win em all! Thank God the Intercontinental Cup is no longer played because that would of meant more fixtures!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
sparkic said:
win 3 games and win 2 trophies is a good thing for both publicity, honours, income and other fans around the world can see us play
Next season we'll be going for the septuple :eek:

Community Shield, European Super Cup, World Club Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I cba to read the whole thread :)p) so does anyone know who we're playing?

I'm looking forward to it though. I think it'll be a great experience, and hopefully we can do ourselves proud and win it.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
reddwarf said:
Next season we'll be going for the septuple :eek:

Community Shield, European Super Cup, World Club Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League!!!
The first 3 aren't considered in any type of -ble crap.

We won the Shield this season, but does anyone consider that? No. We are England and European Champions, not, England and European Champions, and Charity Shield winners.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
good shout stephen, i will look foward to watching this though, remember the world cup 6 years ago that was brilliant in japan and korea and the world club championship will be a similar spectacle

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
im not sure how big this tournament really is.
obviously you can say "we're officially best in the world"
but i remember in 1999, we had a one off game in japan. i think we won 1-0 and giggsy got a toyota car for getting man of the match :)

but in the real thing, we opted out of the fa cup and then draw with a poor mexican team, got hammered by vasco da gama and then struggled past an australian team. now even if we'd beaten them all- do they really sound like the creme de la creme of world football?

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Back in 99' it was the Intercontinental Cup, it was a different Competition format then...we dont miss the FA cup this time round....its 3 matches in december and thats it...Yes i know they arent the best teams in the worl but they are the best in there continents as we are so its a good thing i think.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Mixed feelings about our participation in this.

Liverpool did it a few years ago and they ended up 2 or 3 games behind every one else in the league. The fixtures start building around Christmas time and then in the new year with Champs League games.. Send a squad there perhaps, but some of the older players should maybe be rested.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts