OF ABANDONED CHILDREN IN ROMANIA

TIED TO WALLS,

ROCKING FROM SIDE TO SIDE,

MALNOURISHED

AND LEFT TO LIVE LIKE ANIMALS !!!

NOT THE ROMANIA OF 20 YEARS AGO,

THE FAILED COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP

BUT THE ROMANIA OF TODAY !!

WARNING: SOME OF THE IMAGES YOU MAY FIND DISTRESSING !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWKQNMZa--Y

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Carly, i had a look at your images and yes they do 'hit home' but its so easy to ignore these worlwide situations. About 5 years ago i had a luxury holiday in Kenya where i befriended a local lad who was a servent at the hotel. He told me about the poverty in his village and i was so appauled that i went back with him to meet his family. I couldnt believe that it was actually worse than he had said and although it was only about 5 miles from the hotel, it was disgraceful. There was no clean water and random starving abandoned kids were on the roadside either blind or had limbs missing. I felt sick to the stomach and yet humbled as his wife still managed to show hospitality to me and made a meal. I didnt know what to do at that point and the day after i gave this guy 'Joe' all of my remaining spending money. When i got home, i promised myself that i would do some form of charity work for unfortunate kids and i chose a salford based organisation called 'spurgeons' who helped kids or families living in poverty. I havent been helping for 2 years with my work commitments but looking at your thread is stirring something. I hope that members dont choose to ignore it and you get some positive replies.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It must be sorted out, they(Romania) join the EU they will have to sort it out. I love voluntary work for charities, it puts your mind at rest knowing you have done one more person some good somehow somewhere in the world. It really gives me an understanding why my mate is so thankful for life over here - he is Romanian but his family couldn't afford to keep him or his sister so they both went to foster parents over here. They are both happy over here having spent majority of their lives in Ireland but he still regards himself as Romanian!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has been going on for years & most of the EU hides this sort of things under the carpet. The poor stay poorer & the rich get richer & its sad in this day & age

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
david fox said:
Hi Carly, i had a look at your images and yes they do 'hit home' but its so easy to ignore these worlwide situations. About 5 years ago i had a luxury holiday in Kenya where i befriended a local lad who was a servent at the hotel. He told me about the poverty in his village and i was so appauled that i went back with him to meet his family. I couldnt believe that it was actually worse than he had said and although it was only about 5 miles from the hotel, it was disgraceful. There was no clean water and random starving abandoned kids were on the roadside either blind or had limbs missing. I felt sick to the stomach and yet humbled as his wife still managed to show hospitality to me and made a meal. I didnt know what to do at that point and the day after i gave this guy 'Joe' all of my remaining spending money. When i got home, i promised myself that i would do some form of charity work for unfortunate kids and i chose a salford based organisation called 'spurgeons' who helped kids or families living in poverty. I havent been helping for 2 years with my work commitments but looking at your thread is stirring something. I hope that members dont choose to ignore it and you get some positive replies.
My country is ashamed of these children and they try to hide it away. I go to Bucharest and I visit 2 orphanages regular. I go crazy if the children are left in the cots all day - they must be picked up and hugged - they need to play with toys and interact with each other !!! To do this takes a little effort I know but I wont have them left to die in a cot, no way.

There is no money for staff is the main problem - the EU have offered 120 million Euros and then added restrictions to how the money can be obtained and used - basically we get nothing for the children !!! We have the money there waiting for us but we cant meet the requirements to be given it :(

Many, many, many people from UK and USA mainly come to work as volunteers though and they are very good people to do this for free.

Two girls from UK come to Romania for 1 month - they have now been there for 14 months !!!

We need more people like this you know - many more.

I have Myspace:

www.myspace.com/96931253

and here I have details about how people can help etc etc......maybe people should read this and help the children.

Many people from Myspace have stepped forward to help and I will always be friends with these people - they are so good to do this for us.

Too many people look away though - its far easier to turn your head and then the problem will go away !!!

Well it wont - not right away - but I for one will make sure that some BIG differences happen in the lives of these beautiful children !!!

They deserve nothing less !!!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anderson's God said:
It must be sorted out, they(Romania) join the EU they will have to sort it out. I love voluntary work for charities, it puts your mind at rest knowing you have done one more person some good somehow somewhere in the world. It really gives me an understanding why my mate is so thankful for life over here - he is Romanian but his family couldn't afford to keep him or his sister so they both went to foster parents over here. They are both happy over here having spent majority of their lives in Ireland but he still regards himself as Romanian!
Quite right too - no matter where we are forced to go - or where we live or whatever else happens we will ALWAYS be Romanian and proud !!!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red but not Dead said:
It has been going on for years & most of the EU hides this sort of things under the carpet. The poor stay poorer & the rich get richer & its sad in this day & age
I finish my degree study in 2 weeks then I go to Romania again.

This time I mean to do some business though. I will take pictures of this kind of thing happening and I will show the world what is going on........like the nurse in this video - I am sick of my government sweeping this under the carpet !!!

If this gets me in trouble - revealing this stuff then so be it !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts