Manchester United Talk banner

The fox in the box theory

657 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dlan4327 
#1 ·
Arsene Wenger and Thiery Henry commented a while ago that Arsenal were over playing it .

Over playing it means not taking shots on site !

There theory for this was they needed a player who as they described was a fox in the box a player who's game is purely goals .

There answer was Francis Jeffers

And the rest is history

But history seems to repeating itself at United all great ball players but no man standing in that little area called the penalty box .

So people would like a out and out striker but who ?

And how would he fit into our team ?

#2 ·
red dave said:
Arsene Wenger and Thiery Henry commented a while ago that Arsenal were over playing it .

Over playing it means not taking shots on site !

There theory for this was they needed a player who as they described was a fox in the box a player who's game is purely goals .

There answer was Francis Jeffers

And the rest is history

But history seems to repeating itself at United all great ball players but no man standing in that little area called the penalty box .

So people would like a out and out striker but who ?

And how would he fit into our team ?

benzema? owen? villa?

ronaldo berbatov rooney

benzema etc

with ronaldo berbatov and rooney having free roles and be able to interchange think that would be a good formation with 2 holding midfilders than so that they are giving the freedom!

#3 ·
i said at the start of the season we didn't nescessarily need another berba style player, what we did need however was another ole or ruud...a lethal finisher with no pretensions who does the job he's paid to do.

if arsenal had have got hold of another ian wright style player when he left they would have won more over the last decade than they have, luckily for us they have a mad frenchman in charge who is more interested in the aesthetics of football.....vive la france..long may it continue.

on a side note driving up to OT last night there was a massive dead fox in the road, who i guess now is an actual fox in a box.

#7 ·
The problem we had when van nistelrooy was with United was we were going through a transition period .

And during this period Van nistelrooy was our best player by far . So alot of our play was played through him .

Van nist was a awesome player but he is a out and out striker and to try and centre all your play through him wasnt working out .

After two years of this type of football fergie decided to change the way we play with Ronaldo and Rooney be the main players in our build up play .

I do believe there would be room for van nistelrooy still at United and I think it is a shame he and fergie ended there relationship in a bad way .

#9 ·
Berbatov08 said:
There arre no real RVN players out there anymore tbh. Well no world class ones and I think we just have to realise that. In all fairness Arsenal,Chelski don't have one either. Does anyone think we should maybe make a move for Villa?
I would love to see David Villa playing for us. But will we go for him? No...we wont have a 30,5 million guy as a sub, will we? If Villa would sign for us Berbatov wouldnt see daylight as soon as Villa is fit to play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.