Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The difference between The Premier League and The Championship is huge......

And it just keeps getting bigger and bigger........

So for a team to come up from The Championship and actually do well is unlikely.

We have seen many, many times a team come up......and then go right back down again.

They do their best obviously but it seems to be a gap too big to bridge.

But......

I think this Derby County team is the poorest I have ever seen promoted from The Championship into the Premier League........

Would you agree with me.........

..........or can you think of a worse team ?!?!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
02/03 and 05/06 sunderland have to be considered the worst ever so far as they put up a pretty pathetic attempt at staying in the league. The 02/03 side possibly the worst as they actualy spent quite alot of money on an old tore andre flo and a overated player like marcus stewart amongst others. Derby have a chance of surpasing them but at least they have a few good players such as giles barnes.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The management team at Derby have readily admitted that they are not ready for the Premiership. They said that they had a plan to win promotion in Davies' 3rd season but he did it in his first. That's why they've promised to stick with him even if they get relegated.

Some teams have come up to the Premiership and done very well. In recent years, West Ham finished in the top half and got to the FA Cup Final, Wigan finished in the top half and got to the Carling Cup Final, Pompey survived a couple of relegation scraps and are now flying high and I'm sure there are more examples.

The monetary difference is huge so a good management team with a sound business plan is vital for economic and Premiership survival these days.

·
Registered
177 Posts
reddwarf said:
Some teams have come up to the Premiership and done very well. In recent years, West Ham finished in the top half and got to the FA Cup Final, Wigan finished in the top half and got to the Carling Cup Final, Pompey survived a couple of relegation scraps and are now flying high and I'm sure there are more examples.
darn.. i was about to say that :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts