Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its really good to see people taking authority on here. I am really impressed (no I am not sarcastic). I was watching my mate on lfcland.com and his fourm and he was showing me some of his posts and his now a global mod and like the amounts of swearing that is on there and the amounts of verbal abuse each swaps on the shout box is amazing...typical red scousers huh? Anyways I just wanted to say job well done by our admins and mods...you people deserve a pat on the back (and no I am not being sarcastic).

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
i had the habit of not swearing but using ribald double entendres but twas pointed out to me the kiddies shouldnt have to read such stuff and would i use such language in front of a 13 year old and i have to say i would not , i then protested the ankle biters should be tucked up in bed at midnight , then the global membership was pointed out , ban johhny foriegner says i , then the excellent posts from oversees members were pointed out to me so in end i just stopped swearing in tongues .

S

·
0 Posts
On quite a few different threads i've noticed that members post
a comment about what is wrong/right with this forum/staff or something
and the thread then goes well off the original topic.

So thought i'd try this idea.

If staff are doing things right it's always nice to hear but
at the same time if you think something is wrong then it
would be nice to hear about it so maybe things can be rectified
to create a balance for everyone.

Personally i love to hear if i'm doing something wrong and enjoy
hearing other members thoughts/criticisms/opionions and views,
I think all staff do. Because it is through the input from all members
that this forum can only get better.

This isn't a "bash the staff" / "praise the staff" thread or a petty chat
thread but a thread where if you've got a beef about the forum or
you think something's not fair or if you just want to say " great job, couldn't be better", this is the thread to do it in.

This thread may work out, it may not, other mods/admin may not agree
to this being here, but thought it would be good to have a platform
for every member to be able to speak their mind.

OK ! Start shooting !.

Edited.
Well..firstly i'd like to criticise myself for not knowing how to create
a thread and put posts in the right order !!
OK ! Must do better next time.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
great forum, great mods even when im on wrong side of them . no more to say other than a very good bunch of posters who can debate with an understanding others views can and will differ without getting personal .

there is a maturity here that is refreshing . i got hoyed of redcafe for arguing with a mod that hillsbrough was not something to laugh at and how could they complain about munich chants while allowing bile like that an airing .

also great mix of countries means people post all through night .

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was nice of Sal to start this thread..don't worry mate we will tell you when something goes wrong! but at the moment its all good =) well i haven't experienced enough since I am still new here..but yeah so far so good..and yeah haggler made a good point about the good mix of countries..I usually post things when people in europe are sleeping because of the time difference with europe and australia but yet I still get some responses when I start a thread or something from people who are in Asia which is so cool!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
this is a top forum,, its not too big not too small, if you make a good point people respond to it and engage in discussion / arguments.. if ya make a really good comment thread i like the way every1 comends you for your efforts!!

its the good people who make this a good forum and to a lesser extent the mods.. ha !!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
yeah . this board is so "f..." great ain'it !? :p
just kidding...i'm really amazed by the amount of tolerance towards different opinion on here...honest - i've never seen it before....and with swearing rules being introduced i think this forum is one the best there are..if not THE best

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I think this is forum is a decent United forum. Has come on heaps since I joined.

I honestly think mild swearing should be allowed, but not over excessive. I understand about the kids, but to be fair they probably know them already and use them. If not, they'll pick them up as they get older.

One issue I had was with Carly earlier on today in the Gary Neville thread. It seemed that she copied a story from a third-party website but not linked it up to avoid copyright. However, when myself or other members also do this, we get blasted and the forum can come under the eye.

She said she heard it on the radio. My sources tell me Gary was speaking to Manchester United radio station (could be xFM, not too sure). However, her opening sentence replicated that of the Sun's article on their website.

I'm not entirely fussed at all about it. Just that it's one rule for one, another for another.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
From what I know, there's about 4 well known Man Utd forums, and this to me is
the easiest to use, has the friendliest members, the best layout, and the best
rule layout.

It continues to grow and grow which will continue to happen. Less then 3,500
members were here when I joined after leaving another one and it's shot way up
now with over 500 new ones.

The staff are all really friendly and they get their job done with little or no fuss.
Also, if you've got a request, they'll listen, consider and more often then not
agree or at least come to a compromise which suites all parties involved.

Better not leave out the addictive betting zone! :eek:......Believe me...its addictive!;)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Stephen said:
However, her opening sentence replicated that of the Sun's
article on their website.

I'm not entirely fussed at all about it. Just that it's one rule for one, another for
another.
It's hardly 'one rule for one, another for another is it ?

We hardly ever try to excercise the rules about copy/pasting.

So it's not often someone is told about it ...

And they sure as hell dont get 'blasted' ... :confused:

I usually write "Source" and then go on to explain why we ask for this....

Now that you raised this subject though - I have decided we will go for a policy
where we will begin to apply the rules for this ...

In the case of my article you quote here - it doesn't break the copyright
infringement laws - You could chop up many articles and stick them back
togerther in a different order and it's fine - strange but thats the way it is.

So using a sentence from the Sun in conjunction with a radio interview containing
quotes is good and within the law ... :)

Apart from all this carrying on, lol......glad tpo see you're happy here Stephen ...
as are most people it would seem ...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
The good - Majority, most notably Jazz, carly, mods, moi

The Bad - moi

The Ugly - RD and haggler, oh and of course rehab
You and me need to have a little chat young man!! :mad:

Regarding the item allegedly from The Sun: Not necessarily where it came from. I have read news items online by accredited authors/reporters and seen them word for word in the papers next day under the name of either one of their reporters or staff reporter - the papers rip it off like everyone else.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
You and me need to have a little chat young man!! :mad:

Regarding the item allegedly from The Sun: Not necessarily where it came from. I have read news items online by accredited authors/reporters and seen them word for word in the papers next day under the name of either one of their reporters or staff reporter - the papers rip it off like everyone else.
Tell me about it, stud ;) *are you ok now after being compared to Johnny T* :p

Regarding the original item, lots of forums also rip each other off. I see genuine member's threads written here being taken and posted on other United forums!!!

But we're all United fans so no problem really eh.

When posting articles though, just make sure to copy and paste the link where you got the article at the bottom of your post. It's not hard!!!!

·
23,699 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Tell me about it, stud ;) *are you ok now after being compared to Johnny T*

Regarding the original item, lots of forums also rip each other off. I see genuine member's threads written here being taken and posted on other United forums!!!

But we're all United fans so no problem really eh.

When posting articles though, just make sure to copy and paste the link where you got the article at the bottom of your post. It's not hard!!!!

:eek: You mean the members posted their own writings elsewhere or the members posted another member's elsewhere?? This is absolutely astounding. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
versa said:
:eek: You mean the members posted their own writings elsewhere or the members posted another member's elsewhere?? This is absolutely astounding. :eek: :eek:
I posted my Ronaldo effectiveness solution thread on one or two other forums and I saw zuco's 'own thread on the Caf also.

It's no problem really. We're all United fans.
zuco should be proud more than anything.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
fazman said:
To many teenage idiots on the site ive said it once or twice but it jsut gets ignored
It doesn't get ignored ... :confused:

Of course we listen to the members - but in this instance what do you want us to
do ... ?

Ban every teenager ... ?

I don't think so, some of the younger members on here do a good job and work
hard to make a nice forum.

Of course some teenagers can be a bit annoying/silly - but this is true of real life
as well - we allow members to join here from 13 years upwards - hence our no
swearing policy ... so far we have had no complaints about our youngsters :)

·
23,699 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
I posted my Ronaldo effectiveness solution thread on one or two other forums and I saw zuco's 'own thread on the Caf also.

It's no problem really. We're all United fans.
zuco should be proud more than anything
Personally, I think there is something not quite right here. Posting somebody's article without acknowledging and without the knowledge of the author doesn't sound too right. The common audience of United fans is besides the point.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
versa said:
Personally, I think there is something not quite right here. Posting somebody's article without acknowledging and without the knowledge of the author doesn't sound too right. The common audience of United fans is besides the point.
Its happened to me as well, and it doesnt bother me.
In fact it makes me quite happy :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts