Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's bloody laughable. I know it's bad over there but the amount of idiot ol' fellas over here that don't have a clue about football having a pop at him really grinds my gears. Sitting through the game last night, I was tempted to actually catch a stool and throw it at this clown.

The man in question was in his 50's. It all started of well and grand. Game started, I was obviously well up for it although I hadn't been drinking. We got to the penalty decision when Bramble runs at Ronaldo and body-checks him. I explode with a burst of vulgarity.:rolleyes:

Anyway this fella pips up with a directed at me:

Old****: 'He deserves an Olympic Medal of Syncronized Diving'

Me: 'Who was he syncronized with? You need two people for it to be syncronized. Please keep your measy opinions to yourself'

OC:'He's ruining the game'.

Me:'Why for being too good? He scored 42 goals last year'

OC:'With his diving 'smart alec'.

Me:'It's part of the game now mate, like it or lump it but that wasn't a dive'.

OC:' It was'

Me:'It ******* wasn't, even if it wasn't a foul he was ruining at speed and someone made contact with him, he was always going to go down. Use your brain firstly and then go to specsavers'.

OC: 'He muttered some smart comment to his mate and left it'.
I was really, really hoping Ronaldo would score the winner but by god did I celebrate when Carrick scored.

Anyway bit needless above, but this kind of ***** annoys me. This fact that no matter what he does he's made out that he's a horrible person, player and he generally isn't any good. It is the likes of Dunphy and Gilles who are infected old ***** like the fella aboves brain with such muck. I don't care if you bloody hate him you clown but least admit he's a good player. They simple can't. This is going ******* overboard and is absolutely moronic in every aspect. It really annoys me as as much as I hate Gerrard I just won't go pick on the **** for no bloody reason.

Another rant by me on rival fans. Oh my.:frown:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wigan were very physical last night and not just with Ronaldo. Berba took a few heavy challenges too but I bet that auld fella wouldnt comment on that.

Dunphy just likes to stir the pot but his hatred of Ronaldo is laughable at times. Some people (thankfully its the minority) tend to agree with what Dunphy says no matter how ridiculous it seems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Even my mates don't like Ronaldo (and they hardly follow football). He certainly has a world wide reputation, but to be honest, a lot of it is his own fault.

I think lately though he isn't going down as easily as he used to. Or maybe that's just my interpretation.

But like you said, it is part of the game these days, like it or hate it :(

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
jealousy has a part to play in this hatred aswell IMO he has everything you could want he plays football for the biggest club in the world extremely wealthy good looking has the class cars big house everything!

i LOVE Ronaldo always have always will :wub: best player in the world i don't care what anybody says about <essi Ronaldo has been there and DONE it already Messi still has to do it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
right lets be honest here. ronaldo does need a good slap in the head. his antics when things dont go his way are childish and idiotic. hes one of the best players in the world, but the lad doesnt have the heart to match. it isnt right though that the refs are entering games wary of his diving. they are meant to be 100% impartial, whether a player has a reputation or not.
he goes down so much though because of the pace he moves at. if you run as fast as he does, and then get the slightest clip to you, your whole coordination goes out the window. id like to see refs treating him fairly, but in return rooney should hit him and tell him to cop on.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I wish it was only rival fans.
jealousy has a part to play in this hatred aswell IMO he has everything you could want he plays football for the biggest club in the world extremely wealthy good looking has the class cars big house everything!

i LOVE Ronaldo always have always will :wub: best player in the world i don't care what anybody says about <essi Ronaldo has been there and DONE it already Messi still has to do it!
right lets be honest here. ronaldo does need a good slap in the head. his antics when things dont go his way are childish and idiotic. hes one of the best players in the world, but the lad doesnt have the heart to match. it isnt right though that the refs are entering games wary of his diving. they are meant to be 100% impartial, whether a player has a reputation or not.
he goes down so much though because of the pace he moves at. if you run as fast as he does, and then get the slightest clip to you, your whole coordination goes out the window. id like to see refs treating him fairly, but in return rooney should hit him and tell him to cop on.

it's a mix of a lot of things.

I was a fan of Ronaldo's from the start. I saw his debut and was on the phone to my rival friends immediately.

it took 3 seasons for him to finally deliver.

Along the way and after he started playing out-of-this-world football, his ego became increasingly inflated at the stuff he does is simply ridiculous.

He behaves like a child and it is almost embarrassing.

Worst still, is that I think he would be amuch better player if he cut that shit out.

@aldo Fity good post which mirrors my blog entry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the past few games, when Ronaldo has scored, I don't see many players smiling whilst celebrating with him. Its like they were just celebrating with him to show the world that all is good in the dressing room. If you noticed in the Wigan game (was it at the end of the 1st half?) when Ronaldo was challenged and he started mowing the OT grass, the united players were still passing the ball around instead of kicking it out of play. You can see that some of them were fed up with his antics and Rooney was like 'if you don't get up now, I am gonna smash this ball right at you'.

I hope I am over-analyzing here but the lad seriously needs to grow up.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
The hatred of Ronaldo is Ridiculous really.
It's the fact that Rival Fans love to hate him because they no he's too good, they all wish they had him at their club. The lad is a fantastic footballer and has made the Premier League so exciting in the last few seasons and yet when he does the smallest thing wrong, he's constantly scrutinized by the media for it.

I think it's the either you Love Ronaldo or you Hate him thing. Everyone recgonises that he's one of the best players in the world at the moment - if not the best. But it's his character and attitude that seems to make him public enemy no.1. All Rival Fans and other Fans around Europe dislike Ronaldo for his Attitude and therefore they will always say Messi is the better player. We as United Fans should stick by him because he's our player but yet there is a minority who seem to want him gone and think that we can move on without him.

Ronaldo has had a history of diving in his earlier years and some people still think he does it. He's cut that out of his game in the last while IMO. Ronaldo is one of these players that runs at pace with the ball and the slightest bit of contact can put him off. Yet when this happens, referees seem to turn a blind eye to it because of the reputatioon he had in the past for going to ground too easy. Last season Ronaldo was the most fouled player in the Premier League and the Champions League - I think. There's a reason he's brought down so much, because he's so good and people will say there he goies chaeting again - Clowns. I have so much respect for Ronnie the way he will get up again and go at the defenders, no matter how many times he's clattered. This shows his Courage and Bravery, something people don't see in him.

Lets not kid ourselves though, I love the lad and have always stook by him but I have found myself cursing at him watching some of the things he does on the pitch. It's the petulance, the costant looking for fouls when they're not, the arguing with referees and the throwing of his hands that everyone sees and will criticise him for. It's just frustrating to see him do it at times when you wish he could just get on with the game because he would be a better player for it.

I know we as United Fans shouldn't care what anyone thinks about us or our players but when you hear it the whole time every single week, it gets very frustrating and ridiculous at times. As United Fans we should stick by our players no matter what happens as long as they are still at this club. It pisses me off the way some Fans think we can get rid of Ronaldo, that we don't need him anymore and move on this summer - Rubbish. Don't give me the, look at Beckham and look at RVN, we moved on after them. Just take a look back at Ronaldo's contribution over the last 3 years, 90+ goals in his last 3 seasons for a Winger - Incredible. This lad is Irreplaceable, never mind Ribery and whoever else - this lad is Special and is different class to anyone else out there. I think people will only realise how good Ronaldo really was, when/if he does leave this club. Only then will some people realise what we have now in Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sorry for the Essay. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think its rediculous that so called United fans can slate the worlds best player. I agree Ronnie is frustrating and he does throw hissy fits when things dont go his way but if we looked at the positives to his game then they would far outweigh the negatives. People say his hearts not in well hes said hes staying so that should be enough i mean we can hardly expect him to get a United tattoo!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.