Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Now is the time to support. Temporarily forgive and forget. If we lose, we can bitch till the cows come home. But right now, let us not set up ourselves mentally for failure or under achievement. Man Utd is our daughter in a beauty contest and we are going to shout and make the most noise for her!
Interesting analogy...

"Pin up the hair, girl. You have nice, good features, why hide them from the judges? Show them what you've got; I think your chances will be even brighter. Nonetheless, don't worry, whether you pin up your hair or not, you are still our daughter, and Papa and Mama will still be cheering you on at the auditorium." :D

Peace until after 21st May 2008 at least.... :)

P.S. "I am confident" should not be repeated too often lest the confidence level in the statement drops accordingly. :D ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
versa said:
Interesting analogy...

"Pin up the hair, girl. You have nice, good features, why hide them from the judges? Show them what you've got; I think your chances will be even brighter. Nonetheless, don't worry, whether you pin up your hair or not, you are still our daughter, and Papa and Mama will still be cheering you on at the auditorium."

Peace until after 21st May 2008 at least....

P.S. "I am confident" should not be repeated too often lest the confidence level in the statement drops accordingly. :D ;)
You're such a sweet daddy! Aw......... :D

See the comments you would say to your daughter?
You wouldn't say: "I'm worried your hair is not as nice as the other girls. You're not making the best of your features"

It's in the words....

I know you know where I'm coming from. Desmond take note ;)

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:

You wouldn't say: "I'm worried your hair is not as nice as the other girls. You're not making the best of your features"

It's in the words....

But hear the comments I am telling you...

"My daughter is going for a beauty contest. As you know, she has nice, good features but she does not like to pin up her hair. I am worried the judges can't see her features well enough, which will of course, lower her chances. I always knew she is capable of winning it." :D

;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
RedForceRising said:

It's in the words....

But that's not what I am saying is it? You seem to think I am saying that her hair is not as nice as the other girls.

I am saying " Hey daughter , your hair is beautiful , you know it , I know it , they know it. Why so meek and shy my beautiful child? If you really want to wear your hair in a bob like that then I will be 100% behind you. But don't you know that there is really no need? You might win the prize even with your hair partly hidden but I do not want to see you in tears because some second rate girl walks off with that prize and the judges see your hair when it is all too late. Have courage my sweet and knock em dead."

·
23,699 Posts
desmondo said:
But that's not what I am saying is it? You seem to think I am saying that her hair is not as nice as the other girls.

I am saying " Hey daughter , your hair is beautiful , you know it , I know it , they know it. Why so meek and shy my beautiful child? If you really want to wear your hair in a bob like that then I will be 100% behind you. But don't you know that there is really no need? You might win the prize even with your hair partly hidden but I do not want to see you in tears because some second rate girl walks off with that prize and the judges see your hair when it is all too late. Have courage my sweet and knock em dead."
Now we resort to parables. Lol. :D :D

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i am also 100% confident of winning the league,you only need to look at ronaldo's record against the weaker teams to realize that he always doe's great damage against such teams ,it would not suprise one bit if he scores a hat trick commeth the hour commeth the man .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts