Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
We must all remember that we are the privileged ones who have had the honour of watching Scholes in his prime, last season he set the bar for creative midfield play and intelligent passing, I often turned to my missus misty-eyed during games and tried to explain to her how happy I was to be watching Scholes, how incredible he was and how much I'd miss him when he eventually decides to simply potter around his garden. It must be amazing for guys like Ronaldo and Rooney to play off a guy like Scholes, I always feel much better knowing he is in the team. There is no-one else I would consider to put ahead of him on the back of my shiny new jersey come August and thats no disrespect to Wayne, CR, Giggsy or anyone else. Hero, thy name is Paul Scholes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In a way its almost better that he will quietly head off in his own path, sure as hell beats all these wannabe pundits who cant seem to get enough of hearing their own voice and want to stay in the limelight forever. In all fairness, no-one could ever forget Scholes, some of his greatest goals and passes are burned into my mind, he will always be respected, perhaps more so because he shunned the typical playboy lifestyle and just did his talking on the pitch. Ok I really want to stop thinking about his retirement, wrecking my new season buzz..... :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.