Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After missing the second half of the 2005/2006 season due to a problem with his eye, some people doubted that Paul Scholes would ever return to football let alone his old self. Sir Alex kept saying all last summer that Paul Scholes would be making all the difference the following season. And for me he was the difference.

Having Scholesy back was a major lift. You could see that the team looks much much better from the first game against Fulham. Scratch that, you could see a different team, a better one, since the second half of the game against Charlton at the end of the 05/06 season. His introduction made us tick, just like his involvement in the last season did. For me, he's the last person I want to be unavailable for a game because he can make all the difference.

But with the new signings, people are already excluding scholes from their starting eleven. The arrival of Owen Hargreaves in praticular made some fans feel that Scholes isn't as valueble to the team as he once was and that they would rather have Hargreaves and Carrick play the majority of games.

Whats you're opinion on that ? Do you feel that Scholesy is a less important player for us now or is he as important as he has been throughout his career ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.