Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I sepak with alot of older supporters of other clubs on many forums and of course they have some bias but they can see through falsehoods which is a problem with alot of the people posting.
If you can't actually come up with anything in response perhaps you should take your own advice, if you notice i have been a member for alot longer than you nd tend not to post very often as i don't respect alot of the views on here. I know there are alot of decent members but i think they seem to be getting less and less prevelant and that is a shame.
I have a problem with you coming on and slagging off half the people on this board. That, my friend, is a serious, serious lack of respect towards the board and the people you are slagging off. Don't you have any?

If you can't respect other peoples views, I have news for you. Coming on a forum is definitely the wrong thing to do!

Imho, you've crossed the line. But I don't see any point as your not the type of person to respect other peoples opinions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
eoininho said:
I go along with what you said there United being a hated team obviously means the 'neutrals' are going to take the other side..

you shouldnt the guy a disgrace, he made an error in his initial statement declaring 'half of the forum' are delusional but give him a chance , I imagine he is regretting what he said as it was a strong statement, and the point he was making was over shadowed by this

you think thats a strong statement saying half the people are muppets ? :eek:

do i dare say my username means love united HATE glazer

HATE is such an awful word :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
manutd004 said:
I have a problem with you coming on and slagging off half the people on this board. That, my friend, is a serious, serious lack of respect towards the board and the people you are slagging off. Don't you have any?

If you can't respect other peoples views, I have news for you. Coming on a forum is definitely the wrong thing to do!

Imho, you've crossed the line. But I don't see any point as your not the type of person to respect other peoples opinions.
i respect opions of people i respect, quality memebers such as jazz will confirm this, you have never spoken to me before so i think your views are pretty invalid as you nothing to base this on. If you are not willing to contribute in worthwhile debate whats the point in speaking on a forum at all.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
debate is the name of the game, without resorting to insults or slaggin' off. I have deleted some posts, be mindful its not the thread.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
eoininho said:
he made an error in his initial statement declaring 'half of the forum' are delusional but give him a chance , I imagine he is regretting what he said as it was a strong statement, and the point he was making was over shadowed by this
I notice, if he does regret it, which I doubt, he hasn't said sorry and he certainly hasn't shown any difference in the rest of his posts.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i respect opions of people i respect, quality memebers such as jazz will confirm this, you have never spoken to me before so i think your views are pretty invalid as you nothing to base this on. If you are not willing to contribute in worthwhile debate whats the point in speaking on a forum at all.
You saying "half the board" lack reality shows that you have nothing to base your view on.

Have you met half the board? Have you seen half the boards posts?

I seriously doubt it, and it does show a lack of respect whether you can see that or not.

Plus, imo, this debate is not as worthwhile as you say. A worthwhile debate does not include slagging off half the board, which shows a complete lack of respect.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
manutd004 said:
I notice, if he does regret it, which I doubt, he hasn't said sorry and he certainly hasn't shown any difference in the rest of his posts.
i have nothing to apologise for, like red devil said debate is the name of the game and if you can't come up with something that shows me that alot of the members just have blind bias whats the point in a response.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
manutd004 said:
You saying "half the board" lack reality shows that you have nothing to base your view on.

Have you met half the board? Have you seen half the boards posts?

I seriously doubt it, and it does show a lack of respect whether you can see that or not.

Plus, imo, this debate is not as worthwhile as you say. A worthwhile debate does not include slagging off half the board, which shows a complete lack of respect.
perhaps you should read the threads on ronaldo then and see what the people have said and then look at it from a football point of view rather than that of a united fan.
If you where a fulham fan when we tapped saha up or a norwich fan when we tapped up steve bruce then you might think that united are getting back what they give out.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i have nothing to apologise for, like red devil said debate is the name of the game and if you can't come up with something that shows me that alot of the members just have blind bias whats the point in a response.
Maybe your complete lack of respect.

I do understand what you are saying, and that some members are biased, but I find the way you announce it disrespectful, and the fact that you are exaggerating the amount of members also disrespectful

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
manutd004 said:
Maybe your complete lack of respect.

I do understand what you are saying, and that some members are biased, but I find the way you announce it disrespectful, and the fact that you are exaggerating the amount of members also disrespectful
i don't think it is exaggerating it at all, also your point of a lack of respect would also insumate that i have respect for half the posters on the forum at least, those who in my opinion have earned it by making quality posts.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Debate yes but not making claims that half the forum lack reallity & sometimes it's best to have a good think before you make such a thread, Like manutd004 you don't know all the members & i too can speak up if i wanted to but i respect other members too much to create/post such topics?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i don't think it is exaggerating it at all, also your point of a lack of respect would also insumate that i have respect for half the posters on the forum at least, those who in my opinion have earned it by making quality posts.
Look, I'm not gonna fall out with you over this.

But I think you showed a lack of respect and thats the end of the matter.

As I said, I do understand that some of the members are biased, and some of them, their posts are stupid (imo obviously) But also imo, you announced it in a terrible and disrespectful way

You maybe shouldn't have said it at all. I have some issues with other members, but I don't announce it, I put it on the back-burner and move on.

Dynamite said:
Debate yes but not making claims that half the forum lack reallity & sometimes it's best to have a good think before you make such a thread, Like manutd004 you don't know all the members & i too can speak up if i wanted to but i respect other members too much to create/post such topics?
I agree and feel exactly like Dynamite does.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
This is great fun to read!!

Main thing is the good posters know who each other are and if there are pointless posters try to ignore them but respect them as they're tryin their best god help them!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Whats the point in keeping quiet, it doesn't get you anywhere if you use what can be descibed as an emotive statement it prevokes further debate rather than the run of the mill.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i have not said you in specific terms, i have been responding to the general memebership as a third person as such.
Also idiots such as richardreds only make my views more valid.
Also idiots like me? I was just pulling your leg and you reacted to it. That shows you're the proper idiot mate! *does a victory dance*.

manutd004 said:
What a joke of a thread.

If your so unhappy here, and so annoyed that "half of us lack reality", (going to be polite here,) why don't you just leave?

As of course, no supporters from other teams are biased! Man United are one of the most hated teams, probably even the most hated in Britain imo, so obviously other supporters are going to slag us off. :rolleyes:

I actually find your thread unacceptable. Yes, if you had said that you find some people on here biased, I would give you it. But saying half of us lack reality is a disgrace and your a disgrace to this forum.

I 100% agree with you manutd004!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
RichardsReds said:
Also idiots like me? I was just pulling your leg and you reacted to it. That shows you're the proper idiot mate! *does a victory dance*.

I 100% agree with you manutd004!
really you are quite childish and that is why red devil deleted your post, i think you need to grow up and stop being a keyboard warrior.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
really you are quite childish and that is why red devil deleted your post, i think you need to grow up and stop being a keyboard warrior.
I am not just a keyboard warrior, i am a warrior in real life.

I was winding you up but also i do stand by what i said.

You were completely out of line slating the people on here.

You call us biased but are there really any real neutral fans? No. Everyone has an opinion. An opinion is never correct either. It is just an opinion. Stop judging people and let them have their say. Or is yours far more important?

I think you need to take a look at what you wrote, yes you have a point in saying we are complaining about acts that Ferguson has done before but the method you've used to convey that is detrimental and unnecessary. I was just bantering with you and yet you wanted to reply with remarks calling me a child.

I come on here for a laugh and to talk with my friends i've made on here now.

What are you on here for? To insult you're fellow fans and tell us to take another look at the situation?

This is football not politics and does not need to be as serious as you are trying to make it.

I think perhaps you need to grow up as well.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I am obviously not happy about ronaldo maybe leaving but everyone is getting on at madrid for trying to tap him up, and all the crap about how they are so bad. Lets not forget here ferguson has tapped up many players over the years and is one of the worst culprits in world football for it, i think people should look at what actually happens instead of just viewing everything with complete bias.
Essentially I agree with you......
The way Fergie got Hargreaves amounted to more or less the same......
Its the name of the game for Madrid. Think about it if the boot was on the other
foot....If Ronaldo played for Madrid and was making waves about coming to
United, do you think ANY United fan would give a rats how we signed him? NO!!!

I can see why some members may take offence....but whats the point in beating
around the bush? Ryder is saying it as he see's it, whether he is right or not
is irrelevant.....This is a forum and he is entitled ot his view like everyone else.

regarding Ronaldo, I still believe he will stay at least another season........
Ill wait to see what happens before making my final judgement, but as Stephen
said in another thread....'VIVA RONALDO' he is STILL a United player before
people start hating on him.

Dont know about you lot, but Im sick of talking about Ronnie.lol;)

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.