Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Football is both fun and serious, as jazz and other well know i enjoy abit of banter, however a forum is a place where as you stated people give opinions, but they can be serious as well as fun.
I admit the thred title i used was meant to spark debate and thats what it has done, it is not meant in an insulting way, i did however mean it to be emotive to bring in a response that was not just your basic few words but a proper debate on a matter. If i had just written it think some emebers are too bias, do you think it would bring the response that my original post did?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Right my last post on this matter, Fully understand you rydersonthestorm but no need to create a thread in terms on how you put it, Yes you could of worded it better, But also your opening up in my opinion with the backing of staff for such members to open up there hearts & create threads like yourself on just how they feel with members & like you said it's banter after all, So what the ecker's am i moaning for in the first place, Congratulations mate & no hard feelings so i hope i can now be so honest like yourself create threads/post & lets all have a good banter within reason i give up trying to keep the site from straying, etc,etc,etc

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Everyone is biased, it's just common nature. I don't know, I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks. But, it's natural for people to react in this manner, especially after Madrid have taken Ruud and Becks in the past. Everyone should stop worrying imo... Celebrate being European Champions for the time being!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i think people should look at what
actually happens instead of just
viewing everything with complete
bias.

RichardsReds said:
whatever mate, you are a traitor
to the club

rydersonthestorm said:
no i am just not an idiot :rolleyes: ,
i speak to alot of different football
fans and the crap that alot of you
speak is one of the reasons so
mnay other fans dislike united.
Charming !!

What is this thread supposed to be about exactly ... ?

To prove half this forum are idiots ... ?

Or to prove Fergie taps players up all
the time (Bearing in mind he has never
been accused of, or charged with any
such offence) ... :rolleyes:

G

·
I think we tapped up Owen Hargreaves. He was
under contract and Fergie made it known to the
media repeatedly that he wanted Hargreaves at
United.
It's the same as what's happening with Ronaldo
at the moment but it's on a bigger scale.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
My understanding is ...

To 'tap' a player up would
be to get him to one side ...
tell him if he comes and
joins your team you will
take care of him and his
financial future ... slip him
a couple thousand pounds
and presto ... he signs for you ... ;)

Telling the media you want
a player in your team ...
whether under contract or not ...
is not an offence ... surely ... :confused:

·
23,699 Posts
I read the thread with interest and amusement, especially in this current quiet pre-season. Think a mole hill has been made into a mountain. :D

I am sure Rydersonthestorm was just expressing his bewilderment that some members were indeed biased about the Ronaldo/Real Madrid issue when Fergie also did likewise; scales are besides the point here. And I am pretty sure he did not punch the calculator to derive this contentious "half the forum"; just a figurative manner of speech. Furthermore, it was addressed collectively with no particular member in mind.

While there is no existence of any official court to rule what constitutes a "tapping", Fergie did 'fail' to hide his 'admiration' for Hargreaves on more than one occasion and consistently over time while he was still contracted to Bayern Munich. I doubt Bayern Munich was grateful or amused for the open 'admiration' and 'appreciation' of their player then too. Lol.

More importantly, this is a forum, where everybody is entitled to his or her own opinions, as long as it does not hurt any member's feelings, harm any community harmony, and that it is backed up by some plausible reasons or factors. 'Right' or 'wrong' is most subjective hence not important and nobody needs to be perusaded or convinced too.

In this aspect, I do think we need more 'radicals' in a forum to say what they honestly see or think. The last thing we want to see is everybody 'playing it safe' to sing along the same tune and the ones that sing the loudest and most emphatically in agreement with the majority gets the loudest cheers and recognition...

So to quote RFR, have a "group hug" or maybe even have a group photograph. :D

P.S. I still can't figure why this thread is in Man Utd Chat.:confused:

G

·
versa said:
P.S. I still can't figure why this thread is in Man Utd Chat.:confused:
Maybe because as the title of the forum says...

..Man Utd Chat on Manchester United Forums. Discuss anything directly related to Manchester United.

If anyone thinks that it's not discussing anything related to Manchester United
please inform a member of staff to move the thread to the correct forum.

Please state the correct forum it should be moved to . Thank you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Whats the point in keeping quiet, it doesn't get you anywhere if you use what can be descibed as an emotive statement it prevokes further debate rather than the run of the mill.
Every one is entitled to their own opinion ,it's called freespeach.but it's insulting to accuse half of a forum of being plastic and idiots.you may well have spoken to fans of other clubs,as have i. of course united fans can see that our club isn't whiter than white,but you stand up for your team,whatever they do. which surely is the point of being a footie supporter?.

·
Registered
488 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I am obviously not happy about ronaldo maybe leaving but everyone is getting on at madrid for trying to tap him up, and all the crap about how they are so bad. Lets not forget here ferguson has tapped up many players over the years and is one of the worst culprits in world football for it, i think people should look at what actually happens instead of just viewing everything with complete bias.
Com'on mate, by doing a reality check on the forum based on your title which I guess is your own bias thinking is already very offensive to many who have been here for sometime. First of all, tapping on players, I really don't understand how you manage to pull Ferguson in here, and worst, branding him as one of the worst culprits in the World Football. :( I believed most of us here know how the whole transfer system work, which in this case, let's talk about Ronaldo...
Real Madrid will have to make a bid to United first and upon successful bid, permission will be given to Real inorder for them to make talks with Ronaldo. So this also reflect to you that in all the signings that Ferguson made are through proper procedures. So I really don't see that such accusations should be upon Ferguson...

Secondly, many here has been rather sick of Ronaldo threads... No man is bigger then the club, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world, so be it with or without Ronaldo, we have been winning and we will continue to win in generations to come. Although I have to say that I am very dissapointed in Ronaldo touting himself to Real Madrid but in this case, he has a contract with us and if Ferguson is willing to let him go, so be it, I've full trust in Manchester United.

Thirdly, your title did offend many here, at least I felt offended. But in this case, what make me fuming is the accusation to Ferguson. Were you supporting Manchester United before he was managing them??? I mean who are you to judge such false accusation on a respected person in the club. Maybe some fairweather/gloryhunters members did trigger you to write a post like this but the title is a definate disrespect to many here.

In last, after going through the threads, many here are just informing you not to global judge based on your own thinking... I don't see a reason for you to be so offensive here. By the way, it was your title that trigger the so call debate...

A piece of advised, know your role and shut your mouth... :D

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I am obviously not happy about ronaldo maybe leaving but everyone is getting on at madrid for trying to tap him up, and all the crap about how they are so bad. Lets not forget here ferguson has tapped up many players over the years and is one of the worst culprits in world football for it, i think people should look at what actually happens instead of just viewing everything with complete bias.

MATE GET A LIFE AND STOP TURNING ON YOUR OWN FANS, Seriously.....
Your a disgrace to yourself and the United fans by saying the above comment, what are you an undercover (DELETED) or something!!
Real are using dirty tactics to mess with ronaldos head and basicaly trying to turn him against United.....Mayb if you was a true supporter you would back The Reds...

Edited by -zuco-

·
2,659 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Football is both fun and serious, as jazz and other well know i enjoy abit of banter, however a forum is a place where as you stated people give opinions, but they can be serious as well as fun.
I admit the thred title i used was meant to spark debate and thats what it has done, it is not meant in an insulting way, i did however mean it to be emotive to bring in a response that was not just your basic few words but a proper debate on a matter. If i had just written it think some emebers are too bias, do you think it would bring the response that my original post did?

Your just goin on the Defensive because you know you done a wrong-un by slating the OT faithful AND SAF.....Who in there strange mind(obviously rydersonthestorm) would make the title Offensive like that..??Defo not me anyway, to me it looks asif you dont know what your talking about mate.
Football is evrything not just fun and serious, i find that comment very sad...some ppl live football, some ppl argue with wifes over football. Football is a passionate SPORT...its not just fun and games mate...ITS A BUISENESS!!!!!
And most of us on here dont wana loose our Prize-Asset that is RONALDO....
So dont suggest some of us take reality checks, its life.....People will be biased, of course!

-zuco- said:
Have a first warning for swearing Sean.

Oh c'mon i stared it out mate, this post has made me angry....

·
2,659 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Whats the point in keeping quiet, it doesn't get you anywhere if you use what can be descibed as an emotive statement it prevokes further debate rather than the run of the mill.

So your being controversial to annoy us then surely?????!!!!!!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
The thread is about Fergie 'tapping'
players up and being the worst
culprit in world football for it and
about fans being biased..

Ryder did make some remarks about
'half the forum' etc etc...

These remarks have been discussed
in length and many have shown they
are not happy with what he said.