Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should go in Man Utd Chat, since its from the perspective of United fans, so if need be, don't hesitate to move this mods.

While it is tough for me to feel happier in football terms, than seeing Leeds lose week in and week out in League one, but I can't help but miss playing them twice a year. It's still my favorite rivalry, as far as a hatred standpoint goes, with our rivalry with Arsenal being the most aesthetically pleasing. Every Leeds fan I've ever encountered (all 3 of them) felt the need to sing some form of Munich song, upon finding out I was a United fan, I was almost arrested for a scuffle I got into with one of them, yet somehow I miss the matchday buzz I used to get from playing Leeds.

So my question is, would anyone like to see them back in the prem?

I'm not even sure of my own answer on this one, maybe if we could have drawn them in the cup since they were relegated that would satisfy my crave of punishing those Peacock scummers.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
a cup game away at elland road would make the next three or four years i'd say. tickets would be at so scarce, but i'd do anything for a ticket.
having them back in the league would be much fun, but i'd rather play them in the cup whilst laughing at them :)

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I wouldn't like them back in the Prem. They always did make life difficult for us. However, I'm begging for an away cup tie against them. Would've been better with both Ferdinand and Smith playing, but Ferdinand's enough.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
you can't help but laugh at the situation over there...was there ever a modern prem league team that blew it so badly? actually nah am not overly eager to have the back in the PL, don't mind a cup game now and then

·
Registered
81 Posts
I still can't get over that year when they booed during the minutes silence for Munich and sang, there is only one Don Revie.

Let them play in the championship and reminece about the glory days when they had david batty as their play maker.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It is a difficult one, but I would say a cup game would be the perfect solution.

It would mean playing them, and being able to laugh at their current situation :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Leeds? What is Leeds? :p

Yes, it would be great. We can sing to them "We All Hate Leeds Scum" from face to face and not just in the pub. :D

But a cup match would be more exciting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts