Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He hasn't been sacked at all.

How confusing can you get. :confused:

It took them a long time to release a statement, but they did and he hasn't been sacked. Although we haven't heard from "King Kev" yet.

What a circus of a club :rolleyes: :p

==========================================================
Sky Sports

Magpies deny Keegan sacking
Magpies move to clear up speculation

Newcastle have announced that they have not sacked Kevin Keegan and they want him to remain as manager.

Keegan's future has been the subject of widespread speculation after reports emerged on Tuesday that Keegan had left the club.

The rumours about Keegan's future saw fans stage angry protests outside St James' Park with supporters calling for the head of owner Mike Ashley and the club's board.

However, the club have now revealed that they have not dispensed with Keegan's services and that the 57-year-old remains part of their plans.

Meetings

The club statement on their official website read: "Newcastle United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

"Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

"The club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

"Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the club.

"For the avoidance of doubt the club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager."

However, Keegan's future remains shrouded in doubt with the former England boss remaining silent on his position.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keegans leaving.

Oh no he isn't! Oh yes he is! Oh no he isn't!

Well, actually, he is ;) :p

What a circus Newcastle are.

I hate Keegan but I'm on his side this time. The manager should be the person that decides who to sign, who to sell etc in this country, but if the manager wants someone else in, he should get to pick who it is.

The seasons just 3 games in, and 2 managers have resigned in 2 days. Similarities? Both had someone brought onto the board, and are trying to run an English club as a foreign club. Doesn't that tell you it doesn't work?

I hope that Newcastle get relegated now! Now, I WOULD luv that! :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Heres the top 10 managers to replace Keegan, in terms of bookies favourites; (From none other from Betfred of course ;))

Gus Poyet - 3/1
Didier Deschamps - 5/1
Alan Shearer - 6/1
Dennis Wise - 9/1
David Moyes - 10/1
Steve Bruce - 14/1
Frank Rijkaard - 14/1
Marcelino - 14/1
Mark McGhee - 14/1
Angel Lotina, M - 16/1

Tbh, not many of the managers on there will be considered imo, and I haven't even heard of two of them :confused: :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Joe Kinnear Loses The Plot!

I can't find an article to explain this, but Joe Kinnear officially lost the plot at a Newcastle press conference.

Things got from bad to worse, with a foul-mouthed rant and full-on argument, which includes an incredible 52 swear words in 13 mins, with Daily Mirror journalist Simon Bird, and several others.

A censored audio and full transcript of Joe Kinnears argument can be found here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ute-rant-at-the-daily-mirror-115875-20767990/

An uncensored audio can be found here; http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ant-at-mirror-man-simon-bird-115875-20770121/

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Daily Mirror

Joe Kinnear says he'll be offered Newcastle job next season

Joe Kinnear claims Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has offered him a “very lucrative contract†to manage the Geordies next season.

Kinnear says he is mulling over a new deal after impressing Ashley during his 17 games in charge... which have brought just FOUR wins. The 62-year-old insists he has brought stability to the club, who are fighting relegation.

Kinnear said: “I have been offered a very lucrative contract. I'm just mulling over things in my head. Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias (Newcastle managing director) and I, we've sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the summer.

“But first and foremost we have to work hard and get away from the relegation fight. I really don't need any more distractions. I suggested we all sit down in the summer and say what direction we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.

“I'll also see what my wife and family have to say about moving here permanently.â€

Newcastle are seeking a first win in five games, and Kinnear, who was sent off for the second time this season in midweek, added: “I've now got a really strong foothold in the club and things are turning back my way. But obviously a few bad results and people have a different opinion of you.â€

He made a £5million bid for Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbai but was told they wanted £15m, and is eyeing a £1.5m deal to sign Steve Finnan from Espanyol after Hull lost interest.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Toon are in disarray again :D
Anyone see Barton trying to slap his own team mate Faye I think? lol
what a dick. 3-0 loss to Blackburn is very bad and relegation is a possibility.
Too many crap players, injuries and fickle fans.
Absolutely agree.

And for the highlighted point, for Newcastle it was very much "And here's what you could have won" I feel :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.