Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 124 Posts
And to think I only met the guy a few days ago, he seemed happy enough. Although sources today, have said that he hasnt been sacked. PS: If you're wondering why on earth I had a picture taken with Keegan, then go onto my website and you'll find out! ;)

seems as though he is taking a stand... for what is right!! he's a god up there and deserves to be treated with respect, not undermined by a fat muppet from America who knows nothing about what football is and what it means to the peoplw up there!

They have to pay him 8million if they sack him.. so I hope Ashley folds and gives Keegan the power over club affairs that he SHOULD have! Denis Wise is a scumbag... why on earth would Keegan ever want to have dealings with him, how could he respect the knacker!

Keegan clearly loves the club and he doesnt want to leave it knowing that he didnt do everything he could to ensure its run properly and not a farce as it is now!

I hope he gets his way and can control like Fergie and Wenger are... as some1 said in a previous post .. its no wonder they are the most successful and longest serving managers around... I WOULD LOVE IT IF KING KEV STAYED !!

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_4095599,00.html

He's resigned properly now.

Kevin Keegan has confirmed he has resigned as manager of Newcastle United - ending his second reign in charge after just nine months.

The news brings to an end huge confusion surrounding Keegan's future at the club, after talk of his departure first emerged on Monday evening.

Keegan held talks with Newcastle's hierarchy on Monday and Tuesday, and reports of him being sacked begin to leak out of St James' Park.

However, Newcastle denied he had been sacked and then Keegan insisted through the League Manager's Association that he had not resigned.

Now following further talks, Keegan has indeed quit his role - bringing to an end his second spell in charge which lasted eight months, after he took charge following Sam Allardyce's depature.

Keegan resigns from Toon

KEVIN KEEGAN has sensationally quit as manager of Newcastle United.

The Toon boss resigned from his position just three league games into the new season after a turbulent eight months in charge.

Keegan's relationship with the club's hierarchy is thought to have broken down irreparably, and he has not taken training since the transfer window closed on Monday.

The resignation brings a sour end to his second spell in charge at St James's Park, where he achieved folk hero status in the 1990s for leading the Magpies from the brink of footballing oblivion to the upper reaches of the Premier League.

Earlier this week the club were forced to issue a statement saying they had not sacked the former England manager as angry fans gathered at the stadium to pledge their support to him.

Keegan said: “I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.

"It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.â€

The League Managers' Association has issued a statement on Keegan's resignation. It read:

"Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions.

"The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign."

LMA chief executive Richard Bevan said: “The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.â€

Tottenham's first team coach Gus Poyet is the hot favourite to take over the St James' Park hotseat with the bookies.

Keegan, 57, took charge of Newcastle for a second time in January after Sam Allardyce was axed.

He has endured a difficult transfer window, with the sale of James Milner to Aston Villa for £12million a low point.

Argentina pair Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez did arrive but their signings have been far from inspiring.

Keegan's first spell at St James' Park began in 1992 before he resigned five years later. -TheSun

Chairmans are worse than ever these days in football, they need to give the manager time. Not surprised at all Keegan has resigned.

Some Newcastle fans have said they won't go back till Ashley steps down :L

Keegans leaving.

Oh no he isn't! Oh yes he is! Oh no he isn't!

Well, actually, he is ;) :p

What a circus Newcastle are.

I hate Keegan but I'm on his side this time. The manager should be the person that decides who to sign, who to sell etc in this country, but if the manager wants someone else in, he should get to pick who it is.

The seasons just 3 games in, and 2 managers have resigned in 2 days. Similarities? Both had someone brought onto the board, and are trying to run an English club as a foreign club. Doesn't that tell you it doesn't work?

I hope that Newcastle get relegated now! Now, I WOULD luv that! :p

Heres the top 10 managers to replace Keegan, in terms of bookies favourites; (From none other from Betfred of course ;))

Gus Poyet - 3/1
Didier Deschamps - 5/1
Alan Shearer - 6/1
Dennis Wise - 9/1
David Moyes - 10/1
Steve Bruce - 14/1
Frank Rijkaard - 14/1
Marcelino - 14/1
Mark McGhee - 14/1
Angel Lotina, M - 16/1

Tbh, not many of the managers on there will be considered imo, and I haven't even heard of two of them :confused: :p

Keegan 'holds Ashley talks'

Sky Sports News sources understand that Kevin Keegan met Newcastle owner Mike Ashley for talks on Friday.

Keegan left St James' Park last week after days of uncertainty over whether he had been sacked as manager or walked away.

He later confirmed that he had resigned because he did not have the control he wanted over club matters.

The announcement brought an end to Keegan's second spell in charge of the Magpies, after he dramatically succeeded Sam Allardyce as boss in January.

It is now believed that Keegan has spoken to Ashley in London, although there has been no confirmation from Newcastle.

It is not known what the pair may have discussed, as speculation continues over who will be the next Newcastle manager.

The latest development has propelled Keegan back among the favourites for the job, while the likes of Gustavo Poyet and Paul Ince have been strongly linked.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4136643,00.html

Hezzy said:
Love to know why Paul Ince is linked with the job. He has only just took the Blackburn seat.
Yeah it's stupid, he's only been in charge of Blackburn for a handful of games and Blackburn are a much better team then Newcastle. It would be a step down for him.

Blade said:
Yeah it's stupid, he's only been in charge of Blackburn for a handful of games and Blackburn are a much better team then Newcastle. It would be a step down for him.
Am not sure with that mate. Newcastle are a much bigger team. One of the biggest in the country. They have a high expectations but every now and again some individual comes along and spoils it for the fans. For example Ruud Hulliut and now Mike Ashley. It is a farse whats going on there and something needs to be sorted...

I wanted to slap kevin Keegan !!!!!

The chief executive of Newcastle United has spelled out the extent of his bitter rift with former manager Kevin Keegan.
While downing Mojito ****tails in Dubai, Derek Llambias was heard to say of one meeting with the 57-year-old England legend: "I had to have a third person in the room when I met him otherwise I would have slapped him."
The remark was made on Tuesday as Llambias, club owner Mike Ashley and director of football Dennis Wise visited the oil-rich state in a failed bid to sell the crisis-hit Premiership outfit.
Ashley, 45, was said to have been angered by an "insulting" offer of less than £200million from representatives of Dubai's royal family and snubbed a meeting with them that night, staying in a bar with Llambias and Wise instead.
Ashley was said to want £480million - more than twice the sum he paid for United in 2007.
He told Llambias: "I would rather stick with the club than sell at that price.
"I will put up with the fury of the fans. I am not going to sell for a knock-down price."
Meanwhile, it emerged yesterday that Ashley could have sold the club to Dubai investors three months ago.
The unknown potential buyers proposed a takeover which would have put a Geordie management team in place at St James' Park - a move seen as key in having a deal accepted by United fans.
But after making contact with the club, the London brokers representing the client never heard anything back.
It is not known if they would still do business.

Peter Cadman, a solicitor representing Ashley and Llambias, said in a statement yesterday: "Mr Ashley may well have expressed his views that the discussed valuation for the club was too low.
"His approach was not to express disinterest in either the views or the opinions of the fans.
"Mr Llambias does recall saying he was very frustrated by Mr Keegan during a negotiations meeting that he could have slapped him."

That man is going to find himself in a lot of trouble with the fans. Newcastle fans aren't like other premiership supporters.

They're kinda frightening. In the same way that an enraged bull is kinda dangerous. ;)

41 - 60 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.