Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
dlan4327 said:
That man is going to find himself in a lot of trouble with the fans. Newcastle fans aren't like other premiership supporters.

They're kinda frightening. In the same way that an enraged bull is kinda dangerous. ;)

completely agree with you.:)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
newcastle has been a mess for years..i do get sick of the toon army constantly harping on about keegan this n that as if he is God himself....yeh he was gr8 when he was there before but since then his success as a manager is questionable at best and its ironic that last time he was such as success n so fantastic and he will be again , but what exactly did they win?? as an outsider its gr8 to watch tho- saves me buyin a ticket to a pantomime this year anyways

p.s. not being disrespectful but also the mantality of some of their fans is moronic at best. saw a guy on the telly goin ashley will ave to go by monday or there's gonna be riots and hell to pay......by monday??? even with the guy aggreeing to sell the club how the hell is a muti-million takeover just done like that? at best its gonna be weeks and at worst its gonna be months

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Nigerian consortium shows interest in Newcastle

A consortium of wealthy Nigerians are planning to take over Newcastle United, according to reports in Africa.

Current owner Mike Ashley is trying to find a buyer for the ailing Premier League club, after proving unsuccessful with his initial efforts to secure a sale and Ashley has announced he wants to sell his interest in Newcastle just 16 months after staging a £134.4million takeover.

However, a Nigerian company claim they have £350million behind them - and are bidding to secure the remaining funding which would improve their chances of a successful takeover.

Chief Executive Officer of the NVA Management, Chris Nathaniel, whose company are handling the deal, wants to make Nigeria the first African country to own a Premier League club.

He told the KickOffNigeria website: ''All along I have been working hard to get wealthy and football loving Nigerian entrepreneurs to buy the club since Mike Ashley indicated his willingness to sell the club to the person, people or entrepreneurs who can meet the £400million selling price of the club.

''Right now I am happy to tell you that well meaning Nigerians have responded and the consortium of Nigerian entrepreneurs has so far contributed £350million to buy the club.

''Ashley has stood his ground that he won't sell the club until the money is raised to the asking price of £400million.

''So what that means is that we need to raise another £50million or £100million to shut the door behind the other top Arab companies who are also interested in the club.

''The Arab companies have also indicated interest and made offers - but they haven't met the asking price too.''

NVA handle Rio Ferdinand's PR and commercial interests and also arranged the pre-World Cup friendly between England and Croatia at Old Trafford in 2006. They further name Premier League wingers Wayne Routledge and Julian Gray amongst their other clients.

·
Registered
78 Posts
only certified idioits would spend 400 million on newcastle! their supporters are all mentally disturbed and they seem to think kevin keegan is some kind of oracle who can bring them years of glory when in effect he is a silly ex scouser who wears his heart on his sleeve....and i tell yer i tell yer...i will love it...i will love it...
... if they get relegated!! and dennis wise gets his head kicked in!! what a bonus that would be

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
blondedevil said:
I feel quite sorry for the newcastle fans. They are probably the best fans ever! So loyal etc... Good luck Newcaslte

I agree.

They've got a great stadium, great club, (some) "great" players but a *****
board!

No way should they be in such situations either. When you look at the likes of
Owen, Martins, Duff, Given, Colochini, Milner...etc, who would think they'd be in
trouble?

Its a pity we aren't seeing the potential of them in all honesty...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I did feel a bit sorry for them but then I saw the defending against West Ham.
Shocking and embarrasing spring to mind. Im pretty sure Id have done a better
job. Did you see the way Collochini flinched and turned his body for Hammers
2nd goal. Absolutely pathetic, even more pathetic than his girly hair.
Nothing peeves me more than chicken defending.
for the salary they get, they should be going in face first if they have to.

G

·
RedForceRising said:
Nigerian consortium shows interest in Newcastle

A consortium of wealthy Nigerians are planning to take over Newcastle United, according to reports in Africa.

I wonder if they are the same very nice Nigerian gentlemen who keep sending me emails with the heartbreaking story about their whole family wiped out in a plane crash and saying they wil give me $50m for my help.

I wondered what they did with all my bank details, D.O.B. etc. Looks like they are putting them to good use. :D Glad i could help them. :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
SALFORD RED said:
I wonder if they are the same very nice Nigerian gentlemen who keep sending me emails with the heartbreaking story about their whole family wiped out in a plane crash and saying they wil give me $50m for my help.

I wondered what they did with all my bank details, D.O.B. etc. Looks like they are putting them to good use. :D Glad i could help them. :D

People actually fall for those scams. In SIngapore two seperate cases were reported.
The Nigerians get the locals to meet them in a hotel room WITH the money, are told the money will be put in an escrow account in the local's name and once it's there they will trnasfer the millions of dollars into the escrow account. :rolleyes:

It's pathetic and heart-breaking at the same time.

BTW, if somebdy is reading this - DO NOT EVER buy stocks/shares on the advice from somebody who called you over the phone claiming that you were referred by a friend.

It's a total scam and many people have lost their life savings because of this.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Keano! said:
I agree.

They've got a great stadium, great club, (some) "great" players but a *****
board!

No way should they be in such situations either. When you look at the likes of
Owen, Martins, Duff, Given, Colochini, Milner...etc, who would think they'd be in
trouble?

Its a pity we aren't seeing the potential of them in all honesty...

Agree ...they should be playing much better with those players, but can you blame them for not knowing what they're fighting for?

In that situation, the shirt and the badge simply aren't enough. It's bad enough you don't have a manager, but if the club owner is looking to sell than you're not going to be able to focus.

And this is not a one-off sale, this is the second time in a short time span that the club is changing managers AND owners...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Jazz 16 said:
I did feel a bit sorry for them but then I saw the defending against West Ham.
Shocking and embarrasing spring to mind. Im pretty sure Id have done a better
job. Did you see the way Collochini flinched and turned his body for Hammers
2nd goal. Absolutely pathetic, even more pathetic than his girly hair.
Nothing peeves me more than chicken defending.
for the salary they get, they should be going in face first if they have to.

Yep...absolutely agree.

BTW, I was pretty impressed with Alex blocking a shot with his torso during the Chelsea game. Even though they're mercenaries, the Chelsea players sure are professional.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
SALFORD RED said:

and later they will ask you money lol Beware mate.

G

·
Ritesh MU said:
and later they will ask you money lol Beware mate.
No mate, they wouldn't do that. They are good Nigerian people who needed my help to release millions of dollars.
That's why i gave them all my card details and personal information.
I should get my share sometime soon i think.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
No mate, they wouldn't do that. They are good Nigerian people who needed my help to release millions of dollars.
That's why i gave them all my card details and personal information.
I should get my share sometime soon i think.
Lol mate i dont know if you did that but better not.

I've about 50 mail like this lol from all over the world.

G

·
Ritesh MU said:
Lol mate i dont know if you did that but better not.

I've about 50 mail like this lol from all over the world.
Are you trying to say Mr Imugu isn't for real ?
I'm not having that at all.
I even have an email from Mr Usukau from the One Everyday Bank of Nigeria
promising that i would get my share in 14 days.

I think everybody should help these unfortunate people the same as i have.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Yep...absolutely agree.

BTW, I was pretty impressed with Alex blocking a shot with his torso during the Chelsea game. Even though they're mercenaries, the Chelsea players sure are professional.
Yes, he got my Kudos for that. It was noticed and I was impressed.
Its what Vidic would do and what every defender should try and be like.
Its bravery like that, that puts you to the top of the tree.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.