Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
He must be mad. He was a good manager with Wimbledon years ago
but the game has changed so much i'd be surprised if he recognises it!!
Especially going in there and all the fans going mad about his appointment
before he's even taken his first training session.
Not a great idea for a man with a bad heart! Would like to see him change
there luck though. He was the only one with the guts (or he's just braindead)
to go in there after all there top targets ran a mile! Ashley must feel like a
complete **** at this stage.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
At first I had a right good chuckle.

Then I thought that a guy who could handle Vinny Jones and Dennis Wise might not be such a bad choice. Hope he doesn't frighten the Mickey out of Owen..... buahahahaha

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
marty davidson said:
who is the man who is the new Newcastle manger?
Joe Kinnear was made famous when he managed Wimbledon from none league right up to the Premiership. His team, known as the "crazy gang" had such players as Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise & Robbie Earle. It did, however, affect his health, and he had to retire from management. And was a successful player with Spurs for many years.

Newcastle, however, would be better off with comic actor, the late Roy Kinnear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Kinnear

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
How funnier can this be??? Seriously LOL!!!!

Chaos greets Joe Kinnear at Newcastle United

The FA confirmed yesterday that Kinnear is serving a two-match suspension from the dugout that lingers from his unsuccessful spell at Nottingham Forest in 2004, when he called a referee “Coco the Clown”. The Irishman watched Newcastle’s 2-1 defeat by Blackburn Rovers on Saturday from the directors’ box and will do the same for his side’s visit to Goodison Park on Sunday.

Kinnear, who admitted he had not informed Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, about his ban before accepting the role, will not be permitted to coach from the touchline until the home match against Manchester City on October 20. On Friday, the club announced that the 61-year-old had been hired only on a short-term deal “until the end of October”, but Kinnear has contradicted that statement.

The former Wimbledon manager said that he had “signed a bit of paper”, but was vague regarding the terms of reference. “It is between six and eight games,” he said. His first official engagement will be the Everton fixture; a six-match tenure would take him to Fulham on November 9 and eight would leave him in charge at Chelsea on November 22.

Full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4842979.ece

Oww you just have to feel sorry for these newcastle fans...( NOT!) :p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Nigerians confirm bid for Magpies
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7641893.stm

The Nigerian consortium hoping to buy Newcastle United has told the BBC it has presented its bid to the club.

The group is one of several thought to be interested, but is the first to announce it has tabled an offer.

The man fronting the bid, UK-based businessman Chris Nathaniel, refused to confirm the size of the offer.

"We can't at this stage, that's confidential between ourselves and Newcastle, but a bid was put in on Friday evening," he said.

"There's been no timeline given by Newcastle but we hope it will be sometime soon."

Previous reports suggested the Nigerian group had raised £350m and was looking to increase that figure.

Newcastle United's owner Mike Ashley put the club up for sale in the wake of the sudden departure of former manager Kevin Keegan, but has insisted he will hold out for the right price.

But Nathaniel told the BBC's African sports programme Fast Track the Nigerian group would not get involved in a bidding war.

"What they don't want to do is spend a load of money to buy the club and have no money to buy players and to work on what is a quite a troubled infrastructure," he said.

The identities of the people behind the deal remain a closely guarded secret, and Nathaniel said they wanted to remain anonymous until their bid is accepted.

A spokesman for Newcastle United said the club had no comment to make.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Enrique boost for Magpies
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4226510,00.html

Kinnear rues missing key players

Newcastle United interim manager Joe Kinnear expects only Jose Enrique to return from injury against Everton.

Kinnear has been handed the task of steering the Magpies through uncertain waters during owner Mike Ashley's attempts to sell the club.

The former Wimbledon boss watched from the stands last Saturday as Newcastle slipped to a 2-1 home defeat by Blackburn Rovers.

A trip to Goodison Park is in store on Sunday, and Kinnear admits only one of the club's injured players will be back in his plans.

"I have had a long chat with Chris Hughton and our medical team and the only one of the injured players we are likely to have back at Everton on Sunday is Jose Enrique," said Kinnear.

"That will give us a boost, as will having Danny Guthrie back from suspension.

"Unfortunately, the key players we have got missing could make us a better side. Chris says there are six players who, if fit, could be in the team."

Fuss

Kinnear also brushed off criticism of his decision to allow the players a day off on Monday, following the home loss against Blackburn.

He added: "What's all the fuss about?

"After Saturday's game, we all sat down and decided to give the players a day off on Monday for a variety of reasons.

"One is the fact that we are not playing until Sunday this week.

"And then it gave me the chance to go into the training ground yesterday and have a long chat with all my coaching and backroom staff.

"As a result, I knew all I had to know when the players came in today."

Secret seven target Toon

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4226616,00.html

'High probability' Newcastle will be sold within six weeks

Sky Sports News understands seven foreign parties have shown an interest in buying Newcastle United.

Current St James' Park owner Mike Ashley is looking for a buyer after putting the club up for sale following the criticism he received in the wake of Kevin Keegan's shock resignation at the beginning of September.

And it is now reported that seven parties have approached Newcastle and that they have been granted access to basic confidential documents regarding the Magpies' finances.

However, it is understood that business consortiums based in Nigeria and South Africa - who have been strongly linked with the Premier League side - are not yet included in the seven groups.

Sources have told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter Bryan Swanson that Newcastle are still open to interest from other parties and the Nigerians are still working hard behind the scenes to buy the club.

Swanson has been told that Mike Ashley remains confident the club will be sold for a sum in the region of £300million and £350m.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
KINNEAR: TOON JOB IS HEAVEN (no, he's not kidding)
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4235159,00.html

Joe Kinnear has described the offer to take over Newcastle United on a temporary basis as 'a call from heaven'.

Kinnear was called out of the wilderness after four years out of work to take over at Newcastle while Mike Ashley sells the club.

He says: "When the phone call came from Mike it was a call from heaven. That's the way I saw it.

"It was a bolt from the blue and I had to pinch myself. There was no way I could say no. I'm honest enough to know I'm very fortunate.

"I got it because no one else wanted it but I've just got to get on with it.

"And when my career is over I'll be able to say I worked at Newcastle, with the best supporters in the world."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Joe Kinnear Loses The Plot!

I can't find an article to explain this, but Joe Kinnear officially lost the plot at a Newcastle press conference.

Things got from bad to worse, with a foul-mouthed rant and full-on argument, which includes an incredible 52 swear words in 13 mins, with Daily Mirror journalist Simon Bird, and several others.

A censored audio and full transcript of Joe Kinnears argument can be found here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ute-rant-at-the-daily-mirror-115875-20767990/

An uncensored audio can be found here; http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ant-at-mirror-man-simon-bird-115875-20770121/

G

·
Businessmen deny Newcastle links

Three South African businessmen linked with a possible £300m takeover of Newcastle have denied any interest.

Billionaire Johann Rupert told BBC Sport he had "absolutely no interest and no knowledge" of any takeover and had never met any of those involved.

Brian Joffe and Vivian Imerman also denied being part of the consortium.

Jonathan Cleland, spokesman for the anonymous consortium, said he was 80% confident of sealing a deal and had spoken to Kevin Keegan about returning.

Rupert, the executive chairman of a Swiss-owned luxury goods company, is reported to be the richest man in South Africa.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live he was bemused and amazed by the reports linking him with the Premier League club.

"I have never met Mr Cleland, never spoken to him on the phone and my secretary does not have a record of him calling," he said.

"I haven't spoken to any of the other parties either. I don't know Mr Cleland, I have a preference for cricket and rugby. I don't know anything about football and I'm not a football man.

"I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke."

Imerman, a former owner of canned food group Del Monte who has since bought into Scottish whisky producer Whyte and Mackay, issued a statement to make his position clear.

A spokesman said: "Vivian Imerman can re-confirm that he has no involvement whatsoever with any proposed purchase of Newcastle United nor any other football club."

Joffe, founder of investment holding firm Bidvest, joined them in dismissing the rumours.
Source BBC Sports.

:D :D :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Lmao, cant believe there are so few posts on this.
Best rant EVER in a press conference. Brilliant stuff.
The unsensored version is hella funny.
I know! Especially the part where he goes:

"Which one of you guys is Simon Bird?"
"Me"
"You're a (swear word, rhyming with bunt)"

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
KINNEAR SLAMS `SCANDALOUS` PRESS
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4249782,00.html

Newcastle interim boss Joe Kinnear claims he has no intention of speaking to the press again after being criticised in the aftermatch of his expletive-filled rant during a press conference last week.

Kinnear spoke after the 2-2 draw with Everton on Sunday but made clear he had no intention of doing so again in his TV interview.

He said on Sky Sports: "I want to make one thing clear to everybody, I am not interested in doing the press any more while I am at the club.

"I will do television, I will do radio and that way the stories that are going round will make me a lot happier. Anything I have got to say to you [TV] will be the truth.

"What is happening in the press at the moment is scandalous. Nothing has ever been said that is true.

"Most of the stuff that is flying around, they are digging up every Tom, Dick and Harry that used to play for me that I either sacked or got rid of. It is a little bit spiteful.

"I am a football man and that is all I wanted to talk about, I am not interested in politics, never have been.

"I don't mind being criticised on results but the state of things before I walked into the club was outrageous and I am not accepting that. If we start doing well and they start looking for me again the answer is no.

"I know I am capable of doing a good job if I am left to get on with it. I want to leave this club in a really good way and I want to be able to walk out of here, if and whenever that time is, knowing I have left it in a better state than it is (now).

"I have come to a club that has lost five out of the last seven games, morale rock bottom. I have got a big job to do."

Nigerians issue warning to Toon
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4251874,00.html

The Nigerian consortium looking to buy Newcastle have warned they will take their money elsewhere if the bid for the club is unsuccessful.

The African contingent are believed to have tabled a £200million offer to under-fire Magpies owner Mike Ashley, but fear they are not being dealt with fairly.

Chris Nathaniel, of NVA Management, has warned that they will be happy to take their money elsewhere if they cannot do a deal for the Magpies.

That news will be music to the ears of Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan who stated at the weekend he would welcome foreign investment at The JJB.

"We're talking to possible manager and key personnel for the club," Nathaniel told The Sun. "Once that is sorted, we'll fine-tune our offer.

"We're prepared to look at other options if our bid for Newcastle is not successful. I've been approached by several top Premier League clubs offering us opportunities to buy their clubs.

"People are having a go because the businessmen have not made themselves known.

"But I can assure everyone they are astute, respectable and wealthy men."

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Shearer: I want to be a manager
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4364215,00.html

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has hinted he may be willing to come to the Magpies' rescue after admitting a career in management interests him.

Monday night's 2-2 draw with Manchester City at St James' Park may have been creditable after the Magpies lost Habib Beye to a red card early on, but it did little to ease a crisis which has left them entrenched in the relegation zone.

Joe Kinnear has been put in charge of team affairs while owner Mike Ashley looks to find a buyer for the Tyneside club, but former boss Sir Bobby Robson suggested on Sunday that Shearer was the man with the "clout" to lead them out of their slump in the long term.

The former striker, United's all-time leading scorer, is on his way to gaining the qualifications which are a prerequisite for aspiring managers in the Premier League - although the likes of Gareth Southgate and Paul Ince were granted exemptions to take the reigns at Middlesbrough and Blackburn, respectively, without them.

And Shearer has revealed he is already planning a career in management.

"Everyone knows that I've done part of my coaching badges. I haven't done my UEFA Pro Licence which is mandatory but I am going to do it at some stage," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

"Management interests me.

"I can't turn round and say 'yes, I would be delighted to come here (to Newcastle)', because that would be wrong of me.

"But management interests me, at some stage of my career."

Ameobi tipped for Toon renaissance

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4364254,00.html

Joe Kinnear is confident Shola Ameobi can relaunch his career at Newcastle after seeing him score in Monday's 2-2 draw with Manchester City.

The 27-year-old striker found himself playing as a lone frontman for much of the game following defender Habib Beye's controversial dismissal for a foul on Robinho.

Ameobi not only made life difficult for Richard Dunne and Tal Ben-Haim but also ended a two-year wait for a Premier League goal as the Magpies launched another spirited fightback.

His return to form was a personal triumph for interim manager Kinnear, who has taken him under his wing since arriving on Tyneside.

The 61-year-old said: "It's going to give him massive confidence. It's a long time since he has actually stuck one away.

"But I believe he has got all the ability to make himself a decent striker.

"He has got power, pace, strength. He has possibly not been punching his weight in the past, I don't know really.

"I can only go on what I see, and he has been exceptionally good for me in training.

"He has sent out all the right messages. He is a hungry fighter."

The Nigeria-born player fired home from close range with 44 minutes gone to cancel out Robinho's 14th-minute opener and drag Newcastle back into a game which seemed to have slipped from their grasp.

Beye was distraught to receive a red card for his challenge on the Brazilian, with television replays backing up his claim to have taken the ball first.

But referee Rob Styles, who later agreed to review his decision, was having none of it and the home side seemed doomed.

However, with the crowd responding to the perceived injustice, Kinnear's men got themselves back on terms and against all the odds took the lead with 64 minutes gone when Dunne sliced Geremi's corner into his own net.

It took an 86th-minute strike from Stephen Ireland to rescue a point for the visitors, and although he was disappointed not have have marked his first game since his return to the dug-out with a victory, Kinnear was immensely proud of his players ahead of Saturday's derby trip to Sunderland.

He said: "It is nice to go in having two games behind us undefeated. They are never easy, derbies.

"It is going to be another big question, another tight game, another tough match.

"But the dressing room is on fire at the moment. Everyone is delighted with one another, has the utmost respect for one another, everybody is working for one another.

"We have got a lot of things going for us at the moment, and who's to say we might not have two or three more players back in the frame for that match, which would make us that little bit stronger?"

G

·
That was a great result for them yesterday. Losing a player and then going 1-0
down with the resulting penalty was game over I though. but credit where it's
due, they took the game to Ciddeh and almost won the game. Looks like Joe
Kinnear is instilling a fighting spirit amongst his players.

Random fact: Shola Amoebi hadn't scored under the last five newcastle managers :eek:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Blade said:
That was a great result for them yesterday. Losing a player and then going 1-0
down with the resulting penalty was game over I though. but credit where it's
due, they took the game to Ciddeh and almost won the game. Looks like Joe
Kinnear is instilling a fighting spirit amongst his players.

Random fact: Shola Amoebi hadn't scored under the last five newcastle managers :eek:

I felt a bit of injustice when Ireland equalized.

They were leading 2-1 and looked good value for the win. It would have been a famous victory and would have given them hell of a boost.

it's still a good result and the players and fans should take heart from that performance.

Honestly - it was their best performance this season, even better than under Keegan.

Nicky Butt's reading of the game has become really good and Geremi looks like he's up for it.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.