Manchester United Talk banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It was a great game last night. I actually told my brother before the game that I thought City would win 3-2 so I thought there would be a few goals.

I can't help but laugh at Newcastle and City and last night provided much hilarity. Firstly, Rob Styles giving a dodgy penalty AGAIN and sending Beye off made me laugh at Newcastle. Then City failing to cope against 10 men and Dunne whacking it into his own net made me laugh out loud at City. Then in the dying minutes Newcastle fail to hold on to their lead and I just couldn't help but laugh at them again.

Football. It's a funny old game. :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Daily Mirror

Joe Kinnear says he'll be offered Newcastle job next season

Joe Kinnear claims Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has offered him a “very lucrative contract†to manage the Geordies next season.

Kinnear says he is mulling over a new deal after impressing Ashley during his 17 games in charge... which have brought just FOUR wins. The 62-year-old insists he has brought stability to the club, who are fighting relegation.

Kinnear said: “I have been offered a very lucrative contract. I'm just mulling over things in my head. Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias (Newcastle managing director) and I, we've sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the summer.

“But first and foremost we have to work hard and get away from the relegation fight. I really don't need any more distractions. I suggested we all sit down in the summer and say what direction we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.

“I'll also see what my wife and family have to say about moving here permanently.â€

Newcastle are seeking a first win in five games, and Kinnear, who was sent off for the second time this season in midweek, added: “I've now got a really strong foothold in the club and things are turning back my way. But obviously a few bad results and people have a different opinion of you.â€

He made a £5million bid for Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbai but was told they wanted £15m, and is eyeing a £1.5m deal to sign Steve Finnan from Espanyol after Hull lost interest.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Toon are in disarray again :D
Anyone see Barton trying to slap his own team mate Faye I think? lol
what a dick. 3-0 loss to Blackburn is very bad and relegation is a possibility.
Too many crap players, injuries and fickle fans.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Toon are in disarray again :D
Anyone see Barton trying to slap his own team mate Faye I think? lol
what a dick. 3-0 loss to Blackburn is very bad and relegation is a possibility.
Too many crap players, injuries and fickle fans.
Absolutely agree.

And for the highlighted point, for Newcastle it was very much "And here's what you could have won" I feel :p

121 - 124 of 124 Posts