Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is definitely not lost on us that we are witnessing more skirmishes in this Forum of late.

Perhaps it is not surprising at all that it only happens when it comes to threads regarding United in Man Utd Chat. We don't see the same problem in other forums, say, The Pub, Competitions, Football Banter (we are actually very united in this forum to laugh, jeer and pour scorn together at opponents or anything even remotely related to them) etc.

And oh yes, it happens most frequently and explosively when we are not doing too well. :p

Not to worry at all. This is actually highly positive if you ask me because it only shows that we are truly passionate about United and can get pretty emotional, uptight, personal, sensitive or even to the extent of being suspicious of one another.

And it is also why we spend so much time here starting new threads, posting our views and opinions, debating and arguing until the cows come home, copying and pasting news articles from everywhere else to share it here etc.

I do think it is only natural that we all have different opinions and convictions when it comes to our beloved team. And thus inevitably, different various segments emerged uncoordinated and everybody belongs to more than one of it.

We have the Berbatov Camp, the Huntelaar Camp, the Nani Admirers, the Rooney Diehards, the Get A Grip Brigade, the Pragmatists, the Romantics, the Retire The Old Guards group.... to even the various sympathiser groups such as the PIG Sympathisers, the JOS Sympathisers etc. Lol.

The key point, however, is that everybody here loves United and sincerely wants to see the best (or honestly perceived to be the best) for our beloved team. That is good enough and that should be the common base that we build our relationships upon. :)

So by all means, debate or argue until you are blue in your faces about different views, opinions, points and sub-points of anything United. And for the love of United, challenge one another's perceptions if you must to ascertain what is best for our team.

But please refrain from any personal attacks or insults that serve no purpose and only spoil friendships. For we are still United at the end of the day, supporting and loving the same club against the same 'enemies' out there.

I thought of putting this thread in The Pub but on second thought, it just has to be here where the 'actions' really are whenever it comes to United and nowhere else.

So go ahead and have a say on anything nice about one another. But also love one another no matter how ridiculous or warped you think the other members' views are. :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Well said versa...after it all, its only football, but don't anyone try telling me that
after we loose a game! :mad: ;)

versa said:
We have the Berbatov Camp, the Huntelaar Camp,
the Nani Admirers, the Rooney Diehards, the Get A Grip Brigade, the Pragmatists,
the Romantics, the Retire The Old Guards group.... to even the various
sympathiser groups such as the PIG Sympathisers, the JOS Sympathisers etc. Lol.
amongst many more....its what makes this forum great, that we have so many
people with such different views on things so good, debate takes place.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i prefer self love myself . i am getting rather good at it . may i recommend a freshly slaughtered bullocks windpipe or if out of them a jar of slugs in mayonaise makes a perfectly acceptable substitute ----- apple pie is just for the movies folks . may i just say you are all a bunch of despicable window lickers who i converse with as part of my community service ------- damn that george michael bringing the heat down to the common

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
haggler said:
i prefer self love myself . i am getting rather good at it . may i recommend a freshly slaughtered bullocks windpipe or if out of them a jar of slugs in mayonaise makes a perfectly acceptable substitute ----- apple pie is just for the movies folks . may i just say you are all a bunch of despicable window lickers who i converse with as part of my community service ------- damn that george michael bringing the heat down to the common

hahahaha..........:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
haggler said:
Haggler you have problems mate! :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Gread post Versa
i feel emotional too :eek:

and am glad not to be from the bashers and slater's as yet i only bashed one player and he was poor Wes after newcastle match but now i don't bash anybody and i think we are great now and will be better

versa said:

But please refrain from any personal attacks or insults that serve no purpose and only spoil friendships. For we are still United at the end of the day, supporting and loving the same club against the same 'enemies' out there.
this is the best point as the good amount of children here who can't defend their point so they attack you
and call you by bad names

and thanks god i recently learnt how to control my temper and just ignore them

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
abojodeh said:
and am glad not to be from the bashers and slater's as yet i only bashed one player and he was poor Wes after newcastle match but now i don't bash anybody and i think we are great now and will be better

this is the best point as the good amount of children here who can't defend their point so they attack you and call you by bad names

and thanks god i recently learnt how to control my temper and just ignore them
Am I seeing things? :eek: :confused:

But love overlooks.... :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.