Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he losing it or is he getting frustrated at the performence of the team . What ever the problem is Rooney is doing on or two alarming things of late .

We've had a needless stamp vs aalborg in the same game he stamped on someones calf and flipped at there centre half for closing him down . And today he took a swing for a Stoke centre half .

Its not only Rooney its also Ronaldo who seems to have caught the bug kicking out all the time .

Fergie needs to get a grip of these two as its getting out of hand and may cost us a big game .

In my opinion its a build up of frustration made from ruff defending and poor play from some team mates . Either Fergie acts now or it could cost us dearly .

Give your view ?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Agree...both could easily have been sent off today, and if it were an opposition...we'd be raging at it! I'm amazed both were allowed to stay on...

Ronaldo had a kick-out in our last prem game (I think)....ye, Spurs away, Dawson..

Rooney also had a ferocious kick-out at a Gamba Osaka player...

Very disappointing to see

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keano! said:
Agree...both could easily have been sent off today, and if it were an opposition...we'd be raging at it! I'm amazed both were allowed to stay on...

Ronaldo had a kick-out in our last prem game (I think)....ye, Spurs away, Dawson..

Rooney also had a ferocious kick-out at a Gamba Osaka player...

Very disappointing to see

Oh yeah he did have a kick at that gamba osaka player even when the game was won . He is crazy he is in Japan where United are trying to promote the club as much as possible to make money and he is kicking out for no reason at there players .

I love Rooney but he is a total idiot at times .

What gets me you see him shaking hands with a player then kicking him in the air .

·
23,699 Posts
Think it may pass off with maturity or it never will eg Keano.

Such fiery temperament could also well be an integral part of their superlative play. Minus such explosive element may probably diminish their impact and performance.

My main concern, however, has always been the club and not the players themselves, and I am thus always unwilling to defend the players per se. For any unnecessary ban to any key player can indeed compromise our CLUB's ambitions.

Still, we probably have to accept them as they are (as long as they are United players), just like we have to accept our children as they are and not as somebody we would like them to be. Even though that does not necessarily mean we are proud or pleased with that.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Players do that all the time as a sign of frustration they can't say words so they do it physically

its the way they can get off whats insides them

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ronaldo was by far the most annoying player on the pitch today. No doubt, he's our most talented player but in our last 3 away games at stoke,Spurs and Villa, he's been absolutely horrendous and petulant. For the first time in my life today, I was actually screaming at Fergie to take him off. He seriously hindered us in numerous departments, in particular his inherenr ability of not being arsed in tracking back. I think Fergie really needs to teach him a lesson and drop him for the boro match to snap his ego in half.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I just have to mention this before anything that the amount of FOULS they both got unnoticed especially Ronaldo is just BEYOND WORDS!

As a fan i love to see their frustration when things didnt go our way just as long as it didnt affect the team in the long run. Doing anything stupid unnecessarily is uncalled for to me despite how many fouls they received cause in the end, they arent going to change much other than they themselves getting the card. Its time our two young passionate players aware that they are important to the team & any retaliation will more put them in the hot soup than not. I think Rooney is actually improving from his worst self but ronny is getting worst at it tbh. I just hope Sir Alex will say words of caution to them both and rest of the team as well.

·
23,699 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Ronaldo was by far the most annoying player on the pitch today. No doubt, he's our most talented player but in our last 3 away games at stoke,Spurs and Villa, he's been absolutely horrendous and petulant. For the first time in my life today, I was actually screaming at Fergie to take him off. He seriously hindered us in numerous departments, in particular his inherenr ability of not being arsed in tracking back. I think Fergie really needs to teach him a lesson and drop him for the boro match to snap his ego in half.
Er... are you on the wrong thread? :confused: :p

·
23,699 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Dont think so, it does say that Fergie needs to have a word with rooney and ron. I just gave my opinions on ron, you see. ;)
Thought it is about "madness" and not performance. But no matter then since what you said is true anyway. ;)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I think Rooney just needs to be held and told he is pretty. Ronaldo needs a good kick up the arse though because all i see him doing these days is whining being selfish complaining at teammates and falling over.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Regardless, they were both embarrassing moments in the game today, and we were fortunate they didn't cost us the three points.

·
23,699 Posts
Toybos said:
I think Rooney just needs to be held and told he is pretty. Ronaldo needs a good kick up the arse though because all i see him doing these days is whining being selfish complaining at teammates and falling over.
One subconcious reason to his loss of self control could well be his insecurity about his looks. :rolleyes: :D ;)

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
This is an ongoing problem with rooney and SAF must have a serious conversation with him, because his rage can influence his game and the whole team, as for ronaldo he really didn't need that. Every player is allowed to have a bad day

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Another example of Rooney not being able to control his frustration and anger. He's really frustrating, and he needs to control it. He should get sent off more then he is, and I'd rather him sort it out before it starts to affect the team.

As for Ronaldo, please don't get me started...

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
manutd004 said:
Another example of Rooney not being able to control his frustration and anger. He's really frustrating, and he needs to control it. He should get sent off more then he is, and I'd rather him sort it out before it starts to affect the team.

As for Ronaldo, please don't get me started...

Yes please because I hate the little winker ;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
ronaldo kicking out better be careful because he has done it a few times recently. He seems to have had enough of all the silly challenges he recieves but he needs to control himself.

As for rooney he seems like a pshyco at times!! I dunno what he is doing getting into needless fights and stuff in the middle of matches and stamping on people but that needs to stop.

They need to be putting extra hours in the training pitch if anything lol

pz!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts