Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Whelan and Arsene Wenger have already voiced their concerns about The Richest Club in The World and the damage their transfer policied could wreck on football.

I mean, we had the situation with Chelsea, but they just stepped up the levels to where Manchester United couldn't compete.

Man City, however, are about to transfer fees to a ridiculous stratospheric level, the likes of which we have never seen before.

Zinedine Zidane is the world's most expensive player at 47million pounds and they want to pay twice that amount?

With these kind of transfer fees, should UEFA start looking into placing transfer caps and maybe even salary caps?

If I want to be short-sighted, I would say no, because selling Ronaldo might become a reality rather than sooner. As a United fan I would want as much money as possible.

But if we look at the larger picture - shouldn't there be a cap for the good of football in general?

Man City would be buying the very best from the very big clubs. The money would not really filter down to the lower echelons of football.

In addition, Man City would offer the best wages around. The other big clubs would have to follow suit.

I can see a lot of problems ahead for clubs that cannot compete with their economic power.

The big clubs will be tempted to overstretch themselves, taking loans based on future performances, much like Leeds did and if those goals aren't achieved, they will be in serious trouble like many clubs in Spain at the moment.

Some form of normality should return to football. The power is in the hands of the players, who can decide to play for a club with history or move to a club where they can create new history (gosh, that was corny).

I think many players will choose the money and I don't think it will be good for football.

A really big fish just got dumped into the pond and it's presence is not good for the pond.

Should FIFA let things take their natural course, or should the intervene to control the damage?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I agree there needs to be a salary cap otherwise it will spiral out of control, players will begin to ask for stupid wages like 1 million a week. There must be some sort of regulation put into place.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
there definitely needs to be some kind of regulation, the one laughable thing though is so many of them down the road think cash will guarantee success forever. they will certainly do something out of it-no doubt, but chelski have am amzingly rich owner ( still despite the credit crunch) and after initial success it has started to fall away and not all players are tempted there by cash. can see the same thing happening here and what happens when the owners get bored, turn their attention elsewhere or don't get the unrivalled success they are after.
sometime and its getting nearer every day football is going to find itself in massive trouble, sadly its down to the authorities to act now rather than when its too late.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scottsati said:
there definitely needs to be some kind of regulation, the one laughable thing though is so many of them down the road think cash will guarantee success forever. they will certainly do something out of it-no doubt, but chelski have am amzingly rich owner ( still despite the credit crunch) and after initial success it has started to fall away and not all players are tempted there by cash. can see the same thing happening here and what happens when the owners get bored, turn their attention elsewhere or don't get the unrivalled success they are after.
sometime and its getting nearer every day football is going to find itself in massive trouble, sadly its down to the authorities to act now rather than when its too late.
Actually Roman Abramovich might be forced into the situation of selling the club.
That's another situation which caps might prevent.

Left on it's own football could spiral out of control very soon. The difference between the haves and the have nots is staggering.

Man City fans are deluded, yes. But whether they win anything or not, they will push for trophies and their owners will do everything in their power to get it done. They will pay their true stars double what madrid or united are paying and their mediocre players as much as the united stars.

The trouble is the traditional big clubs might overstretch themselves to compete. The few that can resist might mis out on trophies and just have faith that their fans will be loyal.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
No, buy anyone you want, you still have to play as a team and actually win.

"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class."

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Manchester city are a disgrace !

Im not being funny but Kaka doesnt want to play for City but he is being forced to by Milan because they want the money its a xxxxing disgrace and Im so ****ing angry !!!!!!!!!

If they win everything with this money Im going to throw the xxxxing towel in give up the sport I love because this isnt fair im even thinking of writing to Fifa and Uefa !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red dave said:
If they win everything with this money!
lmao faz :D
They wont win diddly mate. they will never be as good as us, no matter how much money they have.
They are a shambles who are 'going down with a billion in the bank' :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Petition to FIFA !!

Im going to sign on to a few forums tommorow and start this because they are going to ruin the game Im so upset they are break all sense here £110 million is a joke .

And they are going to give Kaka and his reps 31 million to sign !!

Im serious I am not having it Im starting a petition on every forum I can sign on !

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
red dave said:
Im not being funny but Kaka doesnt want to play for City but he is being forced to by Milan because they want the money its a xxxxing disgrace and Im so ****ing angry !!!!!!!!!
Nobody can force Kaka to do anything he doesn't want to.

Anyway, in all honesty I think it may well be too late for a transfer/salary cap to do much good. It should have been done years ago.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Toybos said:
It was pure rage. Rage accumulate through the years of ear raping i have been subjected to by the American race via my Xbox live headset. Rage aimed at the American people who have ever called me a douchebag or a Noob or exclaimed that they have 'owned' me. RpsriogjipseorgjiprgIOH;NIO
I see, there's no such thing as an "American race" by the way. American ethnicity is what you mean.

To be fair, if you don't want to hear about being pwnt, quit being pwnt n00b, lulz im in your base killing your d00ds.

Yeah, I hate that bs too.

On topic: I love how p1ssy people are getting about them spending money, let's examine how many times we've broken the transfer record people. I can think of 4 off the top of my head.

Rio/Veron/Keane/Cole.

Law is one too.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
No, I wouldn't want anything like this. I want football to continue to be the world's number one sport. Let City go and do this, they'll have a revolution, maybe win the league, but ultimately, one team will rise and challenge them as we did with Chelsea.

I'm certain that City's owners will eventually get bored of their little "project" anyway.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
piazza said:
I see, there's no such thing as an "American race" by the way. American ethnicity is what you mean.

To be fair, if you don't want to hear about being pwnt, quit being pwnt n00b, lulz im in your base killing your d00ds.

On topic: I love how p1ssy people are getting about them spending money, let's examine how many times we've broken the transfer record people. I can think of 4 off the top of my head.

Rio/Veron/Keane/Cole.

Law is one too.
Martial Law?

Of course there is such thing as an 'American Race' What would it be called if Maurice Green were to run against Michael Johnson? An American Race.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
piazza said:

Rio/Veron/Keane/Cole.

Law is one too.
If you count breaking the transfer record for a teenager, there's also Ronaldo and Rooney ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts