Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are just so many fantasy players linked to Al Ciddeh that the bloody clowns deserve their own thread.

Here's another "nearly-blue" story.

Iker Casillas Rejected Mega Manchester City Offer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/real-madrid/2008/12/03/993690/iker-casillas-rejected-mega-manchester-city-offer

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has revealed through his agent that he was offered a massive contract proposal by Manchester City while Los Blancos was offered an even bigger deal to part with their number one.

Iker Casillas' agent, Luis Garcia Abad, has disclosed to Cadena SER radio program ‘El Larguero' (The Crossbar) that his client was approached by cashed-up Manchester City, who attempted to lure the Euro 2008-winning captain to the Barclays Premier League.

According to Abad, the Abu Dhabi Investment Group-owned City had approached him directly three months ago with an offer to pay out Casillas' buy-out clause worth €120 million while offering the player a €12 million net per season contract, reportedly double what he is currently earning with Los Blancos.

Casillas promptly said no, but his Middle-Eastern suitors returned with a new proposal just ten days ago, this time offering Real Madrid €150 million to sell their number one goalkeeper and €13 million net per year for the player himself. There was also believed to be an extra condition to sweeten the deal: Casillas would get to decide how long he wanted the contract to run for at City.

The offer was presented in writing to Abad, but he has not yet relayed it to Madrid simply because his client has roundly refused to consider a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu.

KS Leong, Goal.com

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Here's Robinhos wish list...
Kaka, AC Milan
Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United
Kleber, Santos
Luisao, Benfica
Thiago Silva, Fluminense

I read that he's been talking to the club about urgent signings to make Al Ciddeh a better team....

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't heard of Kleber or Luisao, so can't judge, but Thiago Silva is overrated.
It's good to see that his dream players are not just world famous names.

11 world-class players doesn't always equate to winning teams.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Haven't heard of Kleber or Luisao
Kleber is the new superstar in brazil, robinho started at Santos too

Luisao is the giant centre half at Benfica, another Brazilian, played against us for Benfica... dont think much of him myself...

I think this link with Casillias and Buffon is very harsh on Joe Hart who I think is a smashing young goal keeper... cant do his confidence any good if they're scoping out replacements! his save from Rooney's wonder effort was amazing!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Man, i really I admire the confidence Man City have displayed with Joe Hart and I agree with you that he's a good goalkeeper especially at his age.

I cast an envious look and wonder if fergie will display so much faith with Ben Foster

thanks for the info on the players BTW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts