Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today showed why Sir Alex is a genius and Oneill will never be good enough for united as long as i have a hole in my ass .

Villas best player by far was Milner so o neill sacrifices him for reo coker

Sir Alex shows faith in two kids and gets lucky .

Fortune favours the brave !!

Villa were better today for one reason -- no heskey --- they were flying till oneil bought him then season hit buffers --- in the right set up heskey is a good player but he totally upset what villas game was all about ie pace .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
O'Neill was trying to protect the lead by bringing on Reo-Coker.
Bit premature to suggest he isnt good enough to be United manager based on one decision that went against him. Most managers would have done the same as O'Neill in the same situation.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I dunno. Ronaldo and macheda hit the post, villa win and our views are totally different. Its a funny old game.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I would agree with the heskey thing. But I think any manager in oneils position would have gone more defensive at that situation, in my opinion it was too early though.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O'Neill was trying to protect the lead by bringing on Reo-Coker.
Bit premature to suggest he isnt good enough to be United manager based on one decision that went against him. Most managers would have done the same as O'Neill in the same situation.
he has done the same wherever he has gone ---he had villa playing great football then bottled it by fielding a disgraceful side in europe . he bought heskey but used him wrongly and today he bottled it --- we were having to attack and with milner on we had to keep eye out for break and the pressure we put on would not have built so much --- purely my opinion but i reckon a bit of irish bias coming through jazz

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
he has done the same wherever he has gone ---he had villa playing great football then bottled it by fielding a disgraceful side in europe . he bought heskey but used him wrongly and today he bottled it --- we were having to attack and with milner on we had to keep eye out for break and the pressure we put on would not have built so much --- purely my opinion but i reckon a bit of irish bias coming through jazz
no. anyway he is Northern Irish.
I rate him as a manager (not suggesting he should be next Utd manager)
You are saying he isnt good enough based on ONE decision he made.
It was a fairly standard call as well. Villa leading at OT, need to protect the lead, bring on a defensive player.
We were always pushing for the winner anyway, so it was gonna be backs to the walls for the Villa.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I dunno. Ronaldo and macheda hit the post, villa win and our views are totally different. Its a funny old game.
Fkin snaps your mind back to reality! I watched the Macheda goal countless times since...and its incredible how close it was to hitting the post, slicing off his foot, him slipping, skying it etc...

Wonderful stuff...and hail Sir Alex for finally giving him his first team debut. I wanted him to play in the League Cup at home to 'boro but I'll settle for coming on late against Villa in April and scoring a priceless goal.. :p

ARE
YOU
WATCHING
MERSEYSIDE!!!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a fairly standard call as well. Villa leading at OT, need to protect the lead, bring on a defensive player.
We were always pushing for the winner anyway, so it was gonna be backs to the walls for the Villa.
read my post and i question many decisions he made and has all through his career ----i hope we dont ever get to see who is right on this as i imagine it would be like watching sexton era utd again . he has potential but bottles it

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
exactly, he needed to protect the lead, besides the thing that was really causing us trouble was their counter attack. So it made perfect sense to try and hold us back and hopefully thrown in a long ball for agbonlahor or ashley young and try and cause us trouble.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jack Charlton

Go forward
If you can't....go sideways...
If you can't....hoof it long...
Don't go back!

Root one....hit the target man....hope for the best....ask England... :D:D:D:D:D:D

Imgaine Jackie as Utd manager... !!!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Fkin snaps your mind back to reality! I watched the Macheda goal countless times since...and its incredible how close it was to hitting the post, slicing off his foot, him slipping, skying it etc...

Wonderful stuff...and hail Sir Alex for finally giving him his first team debut. I wanted him to play in the League Cup at home to 'boro but I'll settle for coming on late against Villa in April and scoring a priceless goal.. :p

ARE
YOU
WATCHING
MERSEYSIDE!!!!

:D, you can talk tactics till you're blue in the face but sometimes stuff just happens, thats why football is brilliant!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:D, you can talk tactics till you're blue in the face but sometimes stuff just happens, thats why football is brilliant!
so true wahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy im still buzzin :first: top top top top top of the league

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well Done SAF..!!!:thumbsup:

But it's been said already, if we lost that game, then there would be Fans on here saying "what was Fergie at gambling on a 17 year old?" etc.. Football is a funny game and that's why I love it!!!:)

O'Neill did what most managers would do if they're team were leading at OT, go more denfensive.. Milner worked his socks off and you could see he was exhausted, so O'Neill put on Reo-Coker who has played most of this season at RB.. So don't give out about O'Neill..!

Fergie is a Genius though, what a time to give a 17 year old Striker they're Debut when they most needed a goal!!!:D

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I wouldn't say that decision cost Villa the match the outcomes would have probably stayed the same. People talking about Villa playing great obviously didn't see much of the match. Villa didn't play much good football at all, just our defense was out of sorts and couldn't handle Carew's sheer size. United were not much good either for most of the match in fairness. They just had two good crosses and two good headers that were poorly defended. I saw nothing special in Villa today, but to suggest that it was the decision to bring Milner off for a hard working Reo Coker that decided the match is off the mark IMO.

But on Fergie's decision I completely agree, when his big money stars weren't providing the goods, he brought on a couple of fearless kids who were desperate to prove their talent and it paid off big time. His trust in younger players who have alot to prove is one of the main reasons he has given us such long term success. Viva Ferguson!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Sir Alex was spot on today. He took the risk, and it paid off massively.

And I agree with haggler about O'Neill. He is not good enough to be Utd manager. He'd be out of his depth.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
To all those gaffer doubters after the loss at Fulham when they blamed him for poor team selection ... fortune favours the brave and Sir Alex showed bravery bringing on Macheda for Nani !
Not many managers in world football would have done that
Thats why not many managers has won as much as he has... :first:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts