Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
-Teitzka- said:
I'm a big big fan of Carrick. Never believed he'd be this good when United signed him to tell the truth.

Anyway, I've had some debates with Liverpool fans on other forums about a comparison between him and Alonso. Now folks, what do you think? They're similar type of players and if you ask me there's not much between them. Xabi's been terrific this season as has of course Carrick. I'd personally say Carrick is slightly superior to Alonso.

I've always thought that Carrick is underrated though. He doesn't get recognised enough, he's the unsung hero like mentioned. Too good for England - like Scholes. :D
I think Xabi Alonso is more attack orientated as in he dribbles more and shoots more, he seems to use the ball more however he loses possesion and is more careless.

He is also less consistent than Michael, and i think Carrick is a better centre mid as he controls the tempo better and lastly his final ball is occasionally better, i think Xabi is a top player as is Carrick but i think Michael has the edge.

I've also had some debates with a few mates who are Liverpool fans and they all fail to see how good Carick is, they say he is a £16 Millon flop, which i have one response to, which may be Tottenham's new number 15!:D

·
Banned
15 Posts
I am Huge fan of Carrick the guy is class he has been the best midfield in man utd he is better then Xabi Alonso Michael Carrick is the Pass Master he just controls the tempo of the game we love M Carrick :p

101 - 102 of 102 Posts