Manchester United Talk banner

Penalty or not?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottled it today. One of the worst referees in the country. United fan my arse.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Agreed.

However, I don't blame him for the loss, it was one incident and on the day our forward play was lacking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Referee should have given a Penalty, why would Welbeck dive when there is an open goal infront of him.

All we can hope for is Alan Riley contracts a fatal form of syphillis from a corpse and dies.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Was a definite pen he was out to prove a point after Moyes' accusations

Looks like Rafa isnt the only this season trying to play mind games against us

·
23,699 Posts
In any case, Moyes was clever to mention it publicly before the game to 'contain' Riley from making any big decision in our favour.

That 'penalty' remains debatable though.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Referee should have given a Penalty, why would Welbeck dive when there is an open goal infront of him.

All we can hope for is Alan Riley contracts a fatal form of syphillis from a corpse and dies.
Is he a mix of Alan Wiley and Mike Riley? :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Penalty was 6 for one half a dozen for the other...could have gone either way and probably just made the right decision. Rafael could have conceded one for us too..

Two decent shouts.....two which on another day would have been given

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Penalty was 6 for one half a dozen for the other...could have gone either way and probably just made the right decision. Rafael could have conceded one for us too..

Two decent shouts.....two which on another day would have been given
:confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:confused::confused:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
should have given a pen, and was probably looking to balance the scales after what moyes said. but there's no point abusing him now.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea...thats what I think. Could have gone either way, and had it have been against us we'd all have been fuming.
Not at all. He didn't make contact with the ball. He did make contact with the player. Clear penalty. Seems you, Marty and Joe Royle are the only ones who disagree :confused:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
to be honest i dont know how it wasnt a penalty why when welbeck had the ball 3 yards from the keeper which he had beaten would he fall over? his knee got taken out causing him to trip and fall, anywhere else on the pitch = freekick

moyes mind games worked and fair play to him really if fergie did it we would of been calling it a master stroke of a genius right now.

but all in the mike riley had an awful game anyway and yet for some reason his assistants didnt even help him out, there was countless times everton should of got a corner or free kick yet didnt, the man needs dropping a division

1 - 20 of 83 Posts