Manchester United Talk banner

Penalty or not?

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Moyes interview during the week. Him talking to a journalist or summit like that.

-zuco-...I give up. In future if you make a comment, have the fking balls to back it up.

Enough name calling Keano or I'll have to infract you.

:rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl::D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It was a clear penalty. The Everton player made contact with Welbeck's leg and made him fall to the ground. He was never going to dive when he had an open goal to tap the ball into.

Mike Riley has never been a top referee imo, but he should definitely have never have been given today's game to referee after what happened during the week. I felt from before the game that he would never make a decision which would affect the game, i.e a penalty, in our favour even if it was deserved.

He had an awful game. He gave us a goal-kick when it should have been an Everton corner, then later gave them a goal-kick when it should have been a Utd corner. And the free-kick he gave Everton at the end when Foster tried to let the ball run out of ball was ridiculous. That's what defenders do every time they're letting the ball run out of play :confused:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Moyes interview during the week. Him talking to a journalist or summit like that.
Thanks but I meant where exactly did they come to the conclusion he supported United. He never done us any favours. Moyes should be pulled by FA for it as it is unfounded and obviously had an impact on the game. The ref was in good position and he refused to give a clear penalty. Riley looked nervous himself today

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Thanks but I meant where exactly did they come to the conclusion he supported United. He never done us any favours. Moyes should be pulled by FA for it as it is unfounded and obviously had an impact on the game. The ref was in good position and he refused to give a clear penalty. Riley looked nervous himself today
I think they came from a journalist making the claim that Mike Riley is a Man Utd supporter, and then Moyes spoke about it in the press conference.

About that though, when they were talking about it on Gillette Soccer Saturday Jeff Stelling said "Of course, he has a record of giving Utd penalties at Old Trafford has he not?" and Phil Thompson was sitting there saying "Yes! Yes!" nodding his head with a quite arrogant expression. I know he's extremely biased, but :fyou:.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Phil Jagielka (the player who challenged Welbeck obviously) said in his after-match interview with ITV that it should have been a penalty.
Its such a pisser.
Same shit happened last season when we were denied a clear penalty on Ronaldo in the first 5 minutes against Portsmouth.
Martin Atkinson was the ref that day :rolleyes:

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.