Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aston Villa and Liverpool finally end the most boring transfer saga in footballing history…

hahaha price too high
negociating still ....
loserpool dont have enough money
but did buy keane lol
loserpool fan keep crying for barry
and will cry more as
this year also they will win their prestige cup lol NOTHING CUP

hahahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
haha thats true, they want barry , but they spent on keane which they didnt really gave the attention, but barry who gave their attention, and they had no transfer budget left to buy, hahaha what a loser
Big "L" for them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
Keane is a better buy than Barry, they need a stricker more!!!
He wanted to secure Keane first, the pool will be better this season.
Alonso is better than Barry imo

Man utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
liverpool fans were heard singing anti-barry songs in one of their recent friendlies or so i read in one of the dailies (not Sun!!)
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
What's the difference between Barry and Alonso? Barry has a left foot, Alonso has 2 feet. Barry isn't a quality player. Possebon hasn't even played a league game and he's probably already better.
 

·
Im not fat... im sex.
Joined
·
8,817 Posts
to be honest on liverpools showing 2nite they looked like a team who had never played together before, standard had them all over the shop, with or without barry i think there still going to struggle untill they accept they arnt good enough under that rafa fool. but as for the barry thing its abit of a joke now barry really should stay with villa under oneil there a team on the up there more than capable of making it into europe this year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
piazza said:
What's the difference between Barry and Alonso? Barry has a left foot, Alonso has 2 feet. Barry isn't a quality player. Possebon hasn't even played a league game and he's probably already better.
Barry isnt a quality player? Give you head a shake mate.

When OH was injured, Barry stepped into the England squad and was brilliant. He and Gerrard preformed very well together and formed an immediate partnership. No wonder Liverpool want him.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
thedude said:
Barry isnt a quality player? Give you head a shake mate.

When OH was injured, Barry stepped into the England squad and was brilliant. He and Gerrard preformed very well together and formed an immediate partnership. No wonder Liverpool want him.
What quality opposition did he play, when he was apart of the England squad? He's all left foot, doesn't score enough goals, can't cross particularly well from what I've seen, and I've never seen him hit that killer pass either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Alonso is far far better than Barry, noting wrong with Barry but Alonso is way better he has the nack of seeing the pass in advance, when he is fully fit he is brilliant i hope liverpool sell Alonso and dont get Barry, it would serve Rafa right the muppet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
barry is a work horse , its a lot of money to pay for a player who has not got outstanding ability , i guess we have paid a lot of money for average players in the past , but if thats what a team needs then i guess its money well spent , you cannot have a complete team full of superstars you need the workers as well this where the foreign players sometimes fall short
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Sorry, but I can't see where everyones opinions of Barry comes from.

Hes so over-rated. Hes no better, or no different to what Liverpool already have, and I wouldn't pay £10m, never mind £18m.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
piazza said:
doesn't score enough goals
He's a defensive midfield player! Besides, he's Villa's penalty-taker so has scored a few for them over the years.

He is capable of making surging runs forward, and does it more often than Michael Carrick for e.g.

He can play at left-back, left midfield and central midfield. I'm surprised he was overlooked by England for so many years.

I think he would have been a quality signing for Liverpool and am glad that it looks like the deal will not go through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Barry is a great player, better than Alonso and even better than Carrick imo.
He gets more goals, assists, completed passes, is more versatile, has better
leadership qualities, more experience.........
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Barry is a great player, better than Alonso and even better than Carrick imo.
He gets more goals, assists, completed passes, is more versatile, has better
leadership qualities, more experience.........
They got Stevie G for leadership, and how does he have more experience than Alonso? Alonso:Champions League and Euro 2008 winner. Barry: Struggled to make the England squad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
stretty said:
barry is a work horse , its a lot of money to pay for a player who has not got outstanding ability , i guess we have paid a lot of money for average players in the past , but if thats what a team needs then i guess its money well spent , you cannot have a complete team full of superstars you need the workers as well this where the foreign players sometimes fall short
Barry in nowhere near the work horse as Mascherano..... they have Mascherano/ Alonso for a place in midfield, depends on the game who will play!
They need some quality wingers if you ask me

i just think liverpool have great options in the middle with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano...... Barry would be a good addition but i still think he aint what they need, they need a class winger:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
piazza said:
What quality opposition did he play, when he was apart of the England squad? He's all left foot, doesn't score enough goals, can't cross particularly well from what I've seen, and I've never seen him hit that killer pass either.
At the international level, there isnt many 'weak' teams per say. He plays a more defensive role, he can play many positions, and works very hard in the midfield. We paid 18 million for OH, and I can understand the price tag Villa have put on him under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, OH is a much better player, and Barry isnt worth 18 million ( nor his Hargreaves for that matter IMO) but to say he isnt a quality player, is a joke.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
thedude said:
At the international level, there isnt many 'weak' teams per say. He plays a more defensive role, he can play many positions, and works very hard in the midfield. We paid 18 million for OH, and I can understand the price tag Villa have put on him under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, OH is a much better player, and Barry isnt worth 18 million ( nor his Hargreaves for that matter IMO) but to say he isnt a quality player, is a joke.
Not many weak teams internationally?!? So during Euro 08 when England played the likes of: Israel, Macedonia, Andorra and Estonia, and still failed to qualify, that's not weak? Who cares how many positions you can play when you're average at best in all of them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
piazza said:
Not many weak teams internationally?!? So during Euro 08 when England played the likes of: Israel, Macedonia, Andorra and Estonia, and still failed to qualify, that's not weak? Who cares how many positions you can play when you're average at best in all of them?
Israel did fairly well in qualifying. If I recall correctly they were in the thick of things till the very end ( I believe they lost to Russia in the final few games which crushed their hopes). The latter 3 are weaker teams, but he didnt play against them. He played vs Russia and Israel.

If Barry is average than your standard of great players should be very limited. He is a top 3 player on a top 10 side in the Premiership. Not only that, he brings a lot of leadership and experience to the pitch.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
thedude said:
Israel did fairly well in qualifying. If I recall correctly they were in the thick of things till the very end ( I believe they lost to Russia in the final few games which crushed their hopes). The latter 3 are weaker teams, but he didnt play against them. He played vs Russia and Israel.

If Barry is average than your standard of great players should be very limited. He is a top 3 player on a top 10 side in the Premiership. Not only that, he brings a lot of leadership and experience to the pitch.
So is it a coincidence that England played poorly in those games? Israel<Fulham. The gap between the 4 best teams and the next 16 is so huge that, that statistic is meaningless. Who's the best person on Everton? Yakubu? Does that make him world class because he's the best player on the 5th place team in England?
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top