Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Man Utd face Anderson permit wait

Manchester United's new Brazilian signing Anderson is facing work permit problems and may have to wait a year before he can play for the club.
United agreed a deal with Porto in early June to sign the 19-year-old.

But Anderson does not have enough caps for Brazil to satisfy Home Office rules and his first application was refused.

United lodged an appeal on Thursday - with a verdict expected within 48 hours - but if that fails they cannot reapply until next year.

However, United are confident they will successfully be able to claim that Anderson is a special case because his age meant he had no chance of fulfilling the criteria.

They will also argue he will bring exceptional talent to the Premier League.

Anderson needs to have played in 75% of Brazil's international fixtures in the previous two years to meet Home Office criteria.

The Premier League champion's solicitor, Maurice Watkins, asked the six-man panel to consider Anderson as a special case.

Anderson has described the proposed move to Old Trafford as "a dream come true".

He said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more."

His move to United was announced at the same time as Sporting Lisbon youngster Nani, who as a Portuguese citizen has no work permit problems.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Manchester United's new Brazilian signing Anderson is facing work permit problems and may have to wait a year before he can play for the club.

But Anderson does not have enough caps for Brazil to satisfy Home Office rules and his first application was refused.

United lodged an appeal on Thursday - with a verdict expected within 48 hours - but if that fails they cannot reapply until next year.

However, United are confident they will successfully be able to claim that Anderson is a special case because his age meant he had no chance of fulfilling the criteria.

Anderson needs to have played in 75% of Brazil's international fixtures in the previous two years to meet Home Office criteria.

The Premier League champion's solicitor, Maurice Watkins, asked the six-man panel to consider Anderson as a special case.

Anderson has described the proposed move to Old Trafford as "a dream come true".

He said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more."

His move to United was announced at the same time as Sporting Lisbon youngster Nani, who as a Portuguese citizen has no work permit problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ARBUCKS said:

just read his permit as been granted

·
Registered
788 Posts
United Granted Anderson Work Permit

Fears that Manchester United could be without their £18million Brazilian midfielder Anderson next season have proved groundless after a work permit was granted for the 19-year-old.

The club initially had an application for a permit knocked back on the grounds Anderson does not have enough international caps but United won an appeal against that decision.

It means the attacking midfielder, who signed from Portuguese side FC Porto last month, will be part of the United squad for next season.

The club said in a statement: "Manchester United is pleased to confirm that the club has been successful in its application for a work permit for Anderson."

United's representatives attended a Home Office panel of experts yesterday where they argued that due to his exceptional talent he should be granted a work permit and that only his youth had prevented him from obtaining the requisite number of international caps.

Indeed, Anderson only made his full international debut for Brazil in the early hours of Thursday morning in the Copa America match against Mexico.

Anderson said earlier this week: "To join Manchester United at 19 is incredible.

"Everything will be different in England - I know that - but I am certain I will adjust quickly to life in England.

"I am proud - and my family is also. For me, everything is new, it's a dream come true."

A

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys, on the subject of what numbers the new guys are getting, none will be getting 10, because that has been given to Wayne Rooney for next season

I'm guessing that this is making number 8 available for Hargreaves

·
Registered
265 Posts
In the 2 copa games anderson looked as if he were strolling through the games especially against chile.
i wanted him 2 have more desire to win the ball, and run at the defence relentlessly. he was annonymous against chile, im not gonna go out of my way 2 watch the other brazil copa games. i know im bieng a bit negative but he needs to be turned into a premiership and more importantly a united player! nevertheless the future looks bright.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree dan. i saw nani bicycle kick a 25 yarder just over the post for portugal u21s. these are players who are going to grow into world class players rather than be instantly recogniseable as such like rooney and ronaldo, with those 2 it was obviouos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nani training?

Well Anderson and Tevez are playing in Copa America. Owen has joined United. But we have no news whether Nani has joined United, I mean he has obviously signed a contract with us officially but has he joined the pre-season training at United? As he obviously has no international commitments.

·
Registered
19 Posts
adityashah1989 said:
Well Anderson and Tevez are playing in Copa America. Owen has joined United. But we have no news whether Nani has joined United, I mean he has obviously signed a contract with us officially but has he joined the pre-season training at United? As he obviously has no international commitments.
Nani already signed 5 years contract and took pictures with United jersey in Old Trafford. Here are some pictures of them.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Nani says he is excited to have joined "the biggest club in the world" after being officially unveiled to the world's press at Carrington on Monday.

The pacy 20-year-old Portuguese winger, who can play on either flank, joins former Sporting Lisbon team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford and he's looking forward to linking up with his fellow countryman.

"I'm very excited to be at the biggest club in the world," he says.

"I want to do my best. Ronaldo and I grew up at the same club and the fact that he was at United gave me a real incentive to join the club. I'm very much looking forward to playing alongside him."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he knew about Nani when the Reds were monitoring Ronaldo, but preferred him to learn his trade in Portugal.

"We've known about Nani for a few years - it was about the same time as Ronaldo, although Nani was younger of course. Carlos' knowledge of Portugal meant we were able to keep track of his progress. He's got time to adapt into the way of our club. He won't play every game next season but he'll play a lot."

Read Nani's profile on ManUtd.com.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts