Manchester United Talk banner

The Nani/Anderson Thread

8K views 80 replies 38 participants last post by  Nirk 
#1 ·
Signed them today !!!!!!!

Great News

#52 ·
I was watching brazil get beat by Mexico last night and i must say Anderson was quite impressive coming when he replace Elano for the second half. His movement was good,he ran at defenders and he always ended up in good positions. He changed the game for brazil but unfortunately they couldn't score. This is the first time i watched him live but from what i saw last night i would say SAF hit the jackpot and the rest of the league has something to worry about

#57 ·
He looked very impressive indeed. Such an exciting prospect for next season. I hope he meets up with the team for the tour. I think he needs a bit of time to familiarise himself with his teammates and to gel with them on and off the pitch, Sure if Brazil keep losing then I guess he will join them sooner rather than later.

#59 ·
He looked very very lively. The thing that impressed me most was how physically big and strong he was. He already looks bigger and stronger on the ball than Ron and that takes some doing! I cant see him having any difficulties adapting to the physical side of the game in England.
He has bags of confidence and the talent to back it up. I can see him going on to become one of 'the' outstanding players in the world in the next 2-5 years. As long as we keep hold of Ron and Nani develops and progresses like we all think he will the future is looking more than bright for UTD IMO!!!!!

#61 ·
Man Utd face Anderson permit wait

Manchester United's new Brazilian signing Anderson is facing work permit problems and may have to wait a year before he can play for the club.
United agreed a deal with Porto in early June to sign the 19-year-old.

But Anderson does not have enough caps for Brazil to satisfy Home Office rules and his first application was refused.

United lodged an appeal on Thursday - with a verdict expected within 48 hours - but if that fails they cannot reapply until next year.

However, United are confident they will successfully be able to claim that Anderson is a special case because his age meant he had no chance of fulfilling the criteria.

They will also argue he will bring exceptional talent to the Premier League.

Anderson needs to have played in 75% of Brazil's international fixtures in the previous two years to meet Home Office criteria.

The Premier League champion's solicitor, Maurice Watkins, asked the six-man panel to consider Anderson as a special case.

Anderson has described the proposed move to Old Trafford as "a dream come true".

He said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more."

His move to United was announced at the same time as Sporting Lisbon youngster Nani, who as a Portuguese citizen has no work permit problems.

#62 ·
Manchester United's new Brazilian signing Anderson is facing work permit problems and may have to wait a year before he can play for the club.

But Anderson does not have enough caps for Brazil to satisfy Home Office rules and his first application was refused.

United lodged an appeal on Thursday - with a verdict expected within 48 hours - but if that fails they cannot reapply until next year.

However, United are confident they will successfully be able to claim that Anderson is a special case because his age meant he had no chance of fulfilling the criteria.

Anderson needs to have played in 75% of Brazil's international fixtures in the previous two years to meet Home Office criteria.

The Premier League champion's solicitor, Maurice Watkins, asked the six-man panel to consider Anderson as a special case.

Anderson has described the proposed move to Old Trafford as "a dream come true".

He said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more."

His move to United was announced at the same time as Sporting Lisbon youngster Nani, who as a Portuguese citizen has no work permit problems.

#63 ·
ARBUCKS said:

just read his permit as been granted

#64 ·
United Granted Anderson Work Permit

Fears that Manchester United could be without their £18million Brazilian midfielder Anderson next season have proved groundless after a work permit was granted for the 19-year-old.

The club initially had an application for a permit knocked back on the grounds Anderson does not have enough international caps but United won an appeal against that decision.

It means the attacking midfielder, who signed from Portuguese side FC Porto last month, will be part of the United squad for next season.

The club said in a statement: "Manchester United is pleased to confirm that the club has been successful in its application for a work permit for Anderson."

United's representatives attended a Home Office panel of experts yesterday where they argued that due to his exceptional talent he should be granted a work permit and that only his youth had prevented him from obtaining the requisite number of international caps.

Indeed, Anderson only made his full international debut for Brazil in the early hours of Thursday morning in the Copa America match against Mexico.

Anderson said earlier this week: "To join Manchester United at 19 is incredible.

"Everything will be different in England - I know that - but I am certain I will adjust quickly to life in England.

"I am proud - and my family is also. For me, everything is new, it's a dream come true."

G
#71 ·
Hi Guys, on the subject of what numbers the new guys are getting, none will be getting 10, because that has been given to Wayne Rooney for next season

I'm guessing that this is making number 8 available for Hargreaves

#72 ·
In the 2 copa games anderson looked as if he were strolling through the games especially against chile.
i wanted him 2 have more desire to win the ball, and run at the defence relentlessly. he was annonymous against chile, im not gonna go out of my way 2 watch the other brazil copa games. i know im bieng a bit negative but he needs to be turned into a premiership and more importantly a united player! nevertheless the future looks bright.

#74 ·
Nani training?

Well Anderson and Tevez are playing in Copa America. Owen has joined United. But we have no news whether Nani has joined United, I mean he has obviously signed a contract with us officially but has he joined the pre-season training at United? As he obviously has no international commitments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.