Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the stadium, the club issued and international tender for architects to develop a project for re-modelling the stadium. The aim of the project was to turn the stadium into an integrated and highly visible urban environment. Whilst not aiming for a substantial increase in seating capacity, proposals must accommodate a minimum of 50% of seats to be under cover.

On September 18, 2007, British architect Norman Foster and his company was selected to "restructure" the Camp Nou. The plans include an extra 10,000 seats to be added and the estimated cost is €250 million

Here have a look it looks class!!!!

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/club/nou_camp_nou/text1.html

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
What a stadium thats going to be. Its a stadium fit for their strikers. Cant wait to go back there. Barca were the first team I ever supported would you believe.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Barcelona is beautiful City and three time I have been there.

Camp Nou I go to see every time too and watch Real Madrid play Barcelona too.

The stadium right now is very lovely but maybe getting a bit old and some things look untidy.

This plan with the transparent colour squares and extra seats seems to make this look very impressive - Maybe with British architect though this will take 12 years to complete - Wembley took plenty time for finishing huh :confused:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the same architect that build Wembley, so it may be a while!!

Yeah i love the Nou Camp been at it three times, Was at a match at it during the summer and it was amazing!! I am in love with that Stadium, I have always supported Barca since i 1st went there in 1997!! 10 years now!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
ARBUCKS said:

Yeah i love the Nou Camp been at it three times, Was at a match at it during the summer and it was amazing!! I am in love with that Stadium, I have always supported Barca since i 1st went there in 1997!! 10 years now!
They were so class back in the late 80's early 90's. They had Romario (one of my fave ever players) Still have a Barca shirt with his name on the back even if it doesnt fit. Stoichkov and Hagi were unbelievable, Bakero, Salinas, Laudrup (so class), Beguristain and Ronald Koeman were all top top players. In later years they had Ronaldo and Rivaldo who were so good back then. They have always had the most exciting players. They are more than just a club.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st time i went to the Nou Camp i meet Rivaldo and Sonny Anderson, Rivaldo brought me a burger, I sh*t u not! Have the pics in the house, Big guy so he was!! Couldnt speak english!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
1st time i went to the Nou Camp i meet Rivaldo and Sonny Anderson, Rivaldo brought me a burger, I sh*t u not! Have the pics in the house, Big guy so he was!! Couldnt speak english!
LMAO. He bought you a burger. How random is that.
I bet thats your claim to fame Arbucks :D
Pretty cool though in fairness.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the tunnel leading on to the pitch were u come down from the musmem there was a burger stand and i was getting a burger and he was walking past and i stopped him to get a picture and after the picture i went to pay for the burger and at the same time he was getting a water of the lady and once he got the water he walked away and the lady indicated that he payed for the burger as she pointed to him as i was paying and waved her finger at me to say he payed for it!!!

It is my claim to fame alright LOL.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ARBUCKS said:

Suspect you have the burger with his signature on it too right??:D :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
What a stadium thats going to be. Its a stadium fit for their strikers. Cant wait to go back there. Barca were the first team I ever supported would you believe.
hmmmmmmmmmm

ARBUCKS said:

i think we have a pair of glory hunting judas's on our hands ladies and gents :p

Jazz 16 said:
and just out of curiousity when we play them who do you support then?:confused:

·
Banned
836 Posts
Looks good, I was wondering when they'd get around to building a roof all around the stadium, even though it doesn't rain much in Spain, I last visited the Nou Camp in 2000 and 2001, the first time I was there was magical because it was a year, exactly to the month, when Manchester United won the European cup there.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
New Camp Nou

Barcelona, who currnetly own and play at the magnificant Camp Nou have stated
that they are set to expand the capicity and it is thought that the venue will hold
over 105,000 people for games from the 2010 season.

Currnetly able to hold, 98,770 people, the stadium will be the third biggest in the
world.

The work is set to start within the next few days and weeks and is thought to
cost the Spanish giants, up to €250M.

Not only this, but the club are set to also design a complete re-structure of the
stadium moulding into a modern European looking stadium with rounded corners.

This is the design which was selected by the club.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Camp_Nou_-_Maqueta_(Norman_Foster).jpg

Will be some site when its finished! Eh?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It needed a revamping......but its still the best stadium (not incl. OT)
that I have been to....
Its so so big and impressive but was falling apart a little bit.
Cant wait to see it when its finished.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
The remodel reminds me of a stadium in Germany......can't remember the name of it though...

I think, Bayern may have played in it as their home, but not sure.....willl investigate! :eek:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
eoininho said:
But do they fill that for your average games??
yeah they do more or less. There will always be a few gaps here and there
for the random league games but for all the big games and CL games
its packed to the rafters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yeah i saw this at the nou camp in may when the guy was telling was showing us around.I dont know how theyre going to build it and play at the same time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts