Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Eurosport

Darren Fletcher has scored 100 percent of Manchester United's goals this season.

In the pantheon of sentences you never thought you would read, that has to come pretty close to the top.

Admittedly, it is 100 percent of two, and last night's 'strike' against Portsmouth pinballed in via Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin.

However, the Scot is filling Cristiano Ronaldo's sparkly, self-regarding boots with aplomb, which is probably better than filling his jockstrap with Deep Heat, the discerning football prankster's ruse of choice.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
You have to give Fletcher credit. He should have scored in the Community Shield but at least got himself in the right position. He found himself in the right position against Newcastle and again last night but this time scored on both occasions.

Someone has to score the goals if we are to win games and Fletcher should enjoy his moments of glory because we all know that when we have a fully fit squad he'll barely get a game.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Evra was twice in action at the other end around the half-hour mark; first to lose control with a heavy touch when the linesman’s flag was raised; secondly to deliver a killer ball into the six-yard box for United’s breakthrough. Fletcher attacked it at the near post and will claim his second goal of the season. However, TV replays suggested Portsmouth centre-back Sol Campbell diverted it past James and over the line, even before Sylvain Distin hooked the ball into the roof of the net.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
However, the Scot is filling Cristiano Ronaldo's sparkly, self-regarding boots with aplomb, which is probably better than filling his jockstrap with Deep Heat, the discerning football prankster's ruse of choice.
I lol'd considerably more than I should have.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Lets not be too harsh on Fletch...to me he is one of our best player yesterday..It look easy to be at the right time and place isnt it? But fletch work his socks off most time he was called upon. Not even Rooney and Tevez can score us a goal yet so far but he did..that deserved to be praised. Atleast he tried to do what Ronny did even thou it is not as good..trying to cover up for what we are missing at this moment and scoring goal can only be good thing to him. That said...i still prefer him back in the middle than on the wing :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
reddwarf said:
You have to give Fletcher credit. He should have scored in the Community Shield but at least got himself in the right position. He found himself in the right position against Newcastle and again last night but this time scored on both occasions.

Someone has to score the goals if we are to win games and Fletcher should enjoy his moments of glory because we all know that when we have a fully fit squad he'll barely get a game.

Well said Dwarfy....

I could never understand the flak he got, he gives it his all and doesn't maon
when he doesn't play. Same with Johnny.

Fletch is a player who has incredible loyalty to his club and shirt and I think that
he'd be of great benefit to any of the other top sides....

Think of it like this.....he's our top scorer and does he demand media attention like
a certian Mr. X :rolleyes: all the time? No! he's a model pro like Scholsey and co.

Carry on Fletch!! :D ;)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
fletcher is proving to be that utility player we need who can help get results. however full strength squad, his outings will be limited.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Stephen said:
It's Darren Fletcher.

Calm down. He was average yesterday. Anyone could of been in his position.
then why rooney wasn't there...he is a striker after all...or why didn't rooney score those 2 sitters against newcastle and spurs respectively from the edge of the 6 yard box ...its easy to say that everyone could have done it...that's what it's all about - making it look simple....when seeing rvn goals that he scores week in week out it looks easy that even i could do it - but that's the trick - make it look easy -
lol - i love how people like to ignore SAF statements when it doesn't work their way - but when fergie comments on something that they agree with than they trust him blindely. he said fletch was great - how can anyone deny that ? he is their manager ffs - and if they've fullfilled his criterias who are we to judge
FORM ISN'T SCORING GOALS YOU SAY EH ? THEN RONALDO WAS NEVER IN FORM LAST SEASON AND HE SHOULDN'T WIN BALLON D'OR

1 - 20 of 29 Posts