Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Chelsea have the chant Chelsea rent boys everytime they take to the field at Old Trafford .

But we have a new set of rent boys who are on the scene and they go by the name of Manchester City . It wont be long before a new group of football mercenerys arrive at Eastlands for a big pay packet .

What history have they got the only history they have is the fact there our poor neighbours who have won next to nothing .

Yet weve had to put up with so much rubbish over the years the usual things like there's more city fans in manchester ( which may I add is a loud of rubbish ) and they have the most loyal fans because they went to a few games in the 3rd division . The only reason they all went is because they were giving free tickets to kids in schools therefore there dads would have to pay .

This may turn into dark days for us in the long run but even if they Buy!! the league and champions league they still wont have our history all they would have is a money built football team and once abi dabi doo walks away they will have nothing just like Chelsea will .

History makes a football club not short term victorys look at Nottingham forest for a example the most famous thing about them is they come from the same place as Robin hood .

United will live Forever !!!!!!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
great post dave....all these so called teams with history come on the scene..the only historical facts they leave will be the nutty amount of money paid for greedy players,by chairman and owners with more money than sense..our history is true and honest...a manager that will be known as the greatest of all time,and a club that oozes talent,skill,and worth beyond its money value..we'll show that on sunday against a team that is slowly imploding...

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply its just something I wanted to get off my chest I hate city and the idea of buying trophys drives me crazy it will kill the game !

Alot say United have bought the title many times but we have had a the biggest squad of homegrown players ever in the prem I think .

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
red dave said:
Thanks for the reply its just something I wanted to get off my chest I hate city and the idea of buying trophys drives me crazy it will kill the game !

Alot say United have bought the title many times but we have had a the biggest squad of homegrown players ever in the prem I think .
Why do you hate that idea mate united have done it all my lifetime , we have broken the british record record so many times its unbelieveable we are also responsible for inflating tranfer fees .
going back in time we broke records with mcqueen , jordan , robson , keane ,roi, rooney ,berba just a name a few.
the only difference is we the fans and our support gave united the money and not a sugar daddy , but getting down to the nitty gritty all teams buy the league one way or another does not matter where the cash comes from
blackburn are another example with jack walkers millions , look on the bright side mate chelsea with the russian cash have finished up emptyhanded the last couple of years and city will be the same .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Tbf, the Chelsea area of London is known for having actual rent boys working the streets so to my knowledge Chelsea were known as the rent boys long before Abramovich took over.

Anyway, the point of your thread is a good one. It always annoys me when opposition fans say we've been buying the Premier League title for years. The fact is that United's history and good management under Fergie has lead us to being one of the biggest clubs in the World. The clubs wealth and success is of its own-making and not due to some cash rich sugar daddy.

I'm still not convinced Man City will achieve what they want to achieve. The rumours of them buying players like Messi, Kaka etc are ridiculous. Money alone will not make them a great club. Chelsea are actually a good example. It takes good management as well as a good team (and arguably some luck) to win trophies - Mourinho aside, Ranieri & Grant failed to win trophies and I know some Chelsea fans are already turning on Scolari.

·
Registered
734 Posts
im not too bothered either by the money at least we will get to see great players playing in the prem, who would have thought Robinho would be there. it still doesnt mean they will win anything.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
Tbf, the Chelsea area of London is known for having actual rent boys working the streets so to my knowledge Chelsea were known as the rent boys long before Abramovich took over.
Anyway, the point of your thread is a good one. It always annoys me when opposition fans say we've been buying the Premier League title for years. The fact is that United's history and good management under Fergie has lead us to being one of the biggest clubs in the World. The clubs wealth and success is of its own-making and not due to some cash rich sugar daddy.

I'm still not convinced Man City will achieve what they want to achieve. The rumours of them buying players like Messi, Kaka etc are ridiculous. Money alone will not make them a great club. Chelsea are actually a good example. It takes good management as well as a good team (and arguably some luck) to win trophies - Mourinho aside, Ranieri & Grant failed to win trophies and I know some Chelsea fans are already turning on Scolari.

Yeah I know that but the rent boys song has been blended with the greedy players who sell there arse to a russian.

In reply to another post on here yeah I hate city buying trophys yes we bought players for alot of money but we earn out money through the support we have world wide city have had wealth given to them !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts