Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the countries that import more players, it is England with 59% and Portugal with 53%, that has the most foreigners, while with regard to clubs, Arsenal is the team with more foreign players 91%, followed by Internazionale of Milan with 85%.

At a time when Joseph Blatter against the excess of foreigners in clubs and on the mass naturalization of players, the task seems huge, given the numbers in this report.

Link>>>> The number of foreigners in European clubs: Football Finance

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I don't know if it will still apply or not, but because of historical and cultural reasons, any citizen from a portuguese speaking country, like Brazil, doesn't fall into the same category like other foreign players. That's why there's so many here.

Anyways, it's nice to see that, despite having the 2nd highest percentage, and 7 clubs appearing in that list, including both our rivals, we're not there. :D

The thing is, if UEFA and FIFA try to implement a straight forward 6+5 rule, the EU will probably block it. They've shown some overture when players that have been in the said country for X years also count as "national"...

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Well, it's a bit complicated. I mean, if Possebon went
to Italy he'd be regarded as a National, despite never
having lived there in his life. I think that a foreigner limit
rule would be impractical and hard to achieve, a non EU
limit would be more desirable and easier as the EU is
becoming more of a federation by the day.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
as long as british players are not classed as foriegn as they were last time round i have no problem with the rule .

I think it was bought in originally to stuff british sides as we ended up having to leave out welsh irish and scots .

We struggled in europe in the early nineties as we were having to leave many first team players at home .

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
There are just as many homegrown player in the Premiership as they're are in other leagues like Serie A and La Liga.

The only differences is our foreigners are better than there's.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Hold on, that's true. People from Eire are as English as Polish people
from a legal point of view, aren't they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts