Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i am sat in the car after the villa game leaving old trafford, so we are in a que and we are listening to 5live i think and all calls are coming in from people who have seen and just been to the match. most bitter villa fans complaining about 5min added time but one man from manchester called and made a great point about the atmosphere at old trafford, previously a villa fan called in and said they out sung us the whole game so thes man utd fan replied by blaming the atmosphere on the pre match music
we can all agree its loud as fuk and personally i hate it.
this utd fan says its this crap music witch doesnt exactly get the fans pumped and i agree 100%

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
United Road is a bit cringy tbf but Ill still sing along to it cos I want to. And to blame the entire atmosphere on one song is a joke. Anyway, I thought the atmosphere was amazing at the Villa game? best its been at home in ages anyway. You always seem to be having a moan these days. You are like Stephen mark 2 :D You should enjoy it more and forget about what others say.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well its up to the fans to get the noise going themselves but I agree some of the music played pre-match can be a bit subtle. Dodgy pop last time I went. But when I hear the Stone Roses 'This is the One', the fun starts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yh in the last 10 min the atmosphere was fantastic but i felt sick for most all i was thinking was liverpool agen, thats why it was so worth it in the end

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Everyone I talk 2 says the same thing.

At the start of the match you want to sing/chant something that gets the adreneline going. Singing "Take me home United Rooooaaaad, to the plaaaaaace, that I belooooooong" ect just isn't goond enough.

I mean, watch this FFS:

(35 seconds onwards)

Thats a real buzz kill. Everyone says the same thing at matches and on different forums yet the club still persists with it.

Its no coincidence that the few times where WND is sung the atmoshphere is much better.

However, you can't totally blame it. Yes it makes it worse, but the stewards are a bigger problem.

Does anyone want to make a petition and send it to United?

edit: Opposition fans laugh at how pathetic it is aswell.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TM- I agree that its not good enough and could be better but its what we have at the moment. So do you suggest we dont sing along to it? cos like it or not, Ill still sing along to it. We all should.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
TM, regarding the petition its worth a shot:thumbsup:

What songs would you recommend?

YouTube - Raining Blood - Slayer Song & Lyrics

Could be a bit too extreme and cause the stands to erupt into mosh pits:D
We already have one.

We just need to turn it into a song with music that we can sing to (with all the lyrics, kinda like YNWA). Surely United can find a world class music composer to do it?

I'm tempted to tell paddy on The Paddy Crerrand show lol

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
TM- I agree that its not good enough and could be better but its what we have at the moment. So do you suggest we dont sing along to it? cos like it or not, Ill still sing along to it. We all should.
Oh no, we should make the most of what we have. But even if everyone joined in, its hardly an encouraging, impactful song that will have an effect on the team.

The song choice, flags and mosaics are 3 things I'm most passionate (for lack of a better phrase) about. I dream of the day when everyone at OT has flags, scarves and a section with a mosaic, all singing WND.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Now that I think about it, I think cameras should be banned at OT aswell (in the stadium).

Very harsh I know but the amount of people with there camcorder out is a disgrace. The hundereds of flashes also take the piss.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Oh no, we should make the most of what we have. But even if everyone joined in, its hardly an encouraging, impactful song that will have an effect on the team.

The song choice, flags and mosaics are 3 things I'm most passionate (for lack of a better phrase) about. I dream of the day when everyone at OT has flags, scarves and a section with a mosaic, all singing WND.
Every time I see a Bundesliga game its the first I notice about the crowd at every game. Loads of massive flags in the teams colours and a great buzz around the ground.

Hey I know its just one forum, but you could get the ball rolling on this one TM. Some great idea's there:specool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Good on ya :thumbsup: All of that is important and the day OT gets them will be amazing but we are a LONG way off that happening. You should get onto Paddy though. He will sort it out :D

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Now that I think about it, I think cameras should be banned at OT aswell (in the stadium).

Very harsh I know but the amount of people with there camcorder out is a disgrace. The hundereds of flashes also take the piss.
Photo or TV cams?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Every time I see a Bundesliga game its the first I notice about the crowd at every game. Loads of massive flags in the teams colours and a great buzz around the ground.

Hey I know its just one forum, but you could get the ball rolling on this one TM. Some great idea's there:specool:
I beleive that in Germany there stadiums are half seated half standing. Obviously that helps.

Another thing they should do is what Liverpool do. The Stredford end should officially be the 'singing end'.

Last time I went to OT there was a family with kids there. Not that there's anything wrong with that, its what makes us a family club, but there's no point in having pockets of 'singers' spread around the stadium. Get them all together and create a couldren of noise, like we have at the aways.

edit: And yeah, if we could get people to sign petitions and such then I'd definately make some kind of thread. Unfortunately I've done something like it before and the thread failed (like most of mine lol)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Photo or TV cams?
Ban TV cams from OT altogether.

Ban flashing of normal cameras during matches.

I'm watching the Villa game again right now (Macheda scored a pretty decent goal incase anyone missed it) and 1 thing has just struck me. The 'Murderers' chant is really loud. Now, ofcourse that song is totally wrong, but if we can say something else to the same tune it would be great.

That We Shall Not Be Moved is spine tingling (just after the 3rd goal). No one sings it better than us.

Are you Watching Mersyside is also good for atmosphere.

S

·
0 Posts
Keep all poxy tin can music for pubs and clubs NOT in football grounds.
Let the fans sing the songs, let the fans voices greet the players coming out
onto the pitch.

Piped music kills the atmosphere from the start, it's cringeworthy.

Next thing will be song sheets on the seats and times to sing which bloody song.

rant over, nothing more to add on the subject.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts