Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, anybody interested in the British Open golf?...and if so, who do you think will win it this year?....Tiger Woods again?

Anybody interested in golf generally or is it not your cup of tea?;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,861 Posts
I like Golf, i used to play a lot until i broke my arm last year, only played 3 times since - all on 9 hole courses aswel.

Yeah i think Tiger will win, atm he's on -3, leaders on -4 i think.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've a few days off work at the moment so i'm watching it now....Tiger will be in the shake up yet again...Sunday's final round is always interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I really enjoy golf...(not as mcuch as football obviously). I go on holiday tomorrow though so doubt i'll get to see much of the Open :-(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
KingEric said:
good job she aint here then eh matey :)
Hmmmmmmmm.....

Anyway we better keep to the subject of the thread here OK.

A big fat guy now leads the golf - John Daly.

Fine figure of a man......such a sporting physique bless him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Hmmmmmmmm.....

Anyway we better keep to the subject of the thread here OK.

A big fat guy now leads the golf - John Daly.

Fine figure of a man......such a sporting physique bless him
ohh so we have to :)

OK - I thought Paul McGinley was leading ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,861 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
A big fat guy now leads the golf - John Daly.

Fine figure of a man......such a sporting physique bless him
He was but he f**ked up his round, dropping like 5 shots - no idea what he's on now



KingEric said:
OK - I thought Paul McGinley was leading ?
He was aswel, but he dropped shots

Now Garcia is leading by 2 shots, he's on -6.


Leaders:
-6 S Garcia
-4 P McGinley
-3 M Campbell, M Brier, A Cabrera, R McIlroy, Weekley (15)
-2 KJ Choi, T Woods, S Cink, P Harrington, MA Jimenez
-1 16 players
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
He was but he f**ked up his round, dropping like 5 shots - no idea what he's on now





He was aswel, but he dropped shots

Now Garcia is leading by 2 shots, he's on -6.


Leaders:
-6 S Garcia
-4 P McGinley
-3 M Campbell, M Brier, A Cabrera, R McIlroy, Weekley (15)
-2 KJ Choi, T Woods, S Cink, P Harrington, MA Jimenez
-1 16 players
The report on the news tonight floored me.....

He said Daly had played magnificently and played superbly for his eagle to go into the lead - then he seemed to blow a gasket and went into reverse.

Shame cos Big John is a character.......and he cant half whack a drive with the 'killer whale'.....thats the name of his driver in case anyone wonders :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, it's well known that John Daly has had his problems with drink and he seemed to go on a downward spiral after he won the Open a few years ago...i think his marriage broke up, etc...all the usual nightmarish stuff that happens when drink gets a hold of you...

I read an article about Daly some time ago and he did turn into a roaring alcoholic....i believe his mates were worried about him bigtime because the majority of the time they met up with Daly, he was pissed out of his head.

Daly went to AA Meetings some time ago and he's managed to get his life back together...all credit to him, he's been sober for a good while now. It would be great to see somebody like him win it...as he most definitely has had his fair share of problems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Busby Boy said:
Actually, it's well known that John Daly has had his problems with drink and he seemed to go on a downward spiral after he won the Open a few years ago...i think his marriage broke up, etc...all the usual nightmarish stuff that happens when drink gets a hold of you...

I read an article about Daly some time ago and he did turn into a roaring alcoholic....i believe his mates were worried about him bigtime because the majority of the time they met up with Daly, he was pissed out of his head.

Daly went to AA Meetings some time ago and he's managed to get his life back together...all credit to him, he's been sober for a good while now. It would be great to see somebody like him win it...as he most definitely has had his fair share of problems.
I agree - he is a bit wreckless (or he was)....but he put the effort in and it would be nice to see him win.....but with Mr T Woods lurking in the background - it's gonna be tough for anyone to whoop his ass innit ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think Woods is still some way behind Nicklaus when it comes to Major wins...but it would be nice to see him win...

I think that Woods sometimes gets unfair criticism, which i really don't understand because he's a winner and a genuine bloke, he always signs autographs and he never says no to TV interviews....i read an article somewhere about Woods saying that people should admire the guy for the talent that he has...that's very true.
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top