Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
But thats turning your back on the club isnt it Sal ?

I know that you still support United and all, am talking about the majority of FCUM followers, theyve turned their backs on their club.

For me there are two types of Fc United fans. Some that still love United and only support Manchester United but they go for the banter with their mates, the atmosphere in the ground and the fact that its affordable. These 3 factors have been taken away at Old Trafford. I have no problem with that.

Then theres the other type which I really despise. The anti-Glazier section (arent we all anti glazer?) that think of FC United as an extention to Manchester United. I mean how dare they sing songs about the busby babes et all ? I dont care wether theyve supported the club for 5 years or 50, theyve turned their back on the club. They severed all connections with United when they formed their own club. Let them sing about their own "history". If you turn your back on United, thats it, you cant choose what bit you like and the one you dont like.

We're United supporters , manchester united supporters, for better or worse. I guess The takeover was for worse but as United supports we stick with our club through the bad times. United had the highest gate attendance in england whilst playing in the second division, thats what our supporters are all about. Loyalty. And the FC United supporters have turned their back on their club and I despise them more than I despise the dippers fans.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have no problem with going to their games, Ive been to a couple two years ago, just for banter and to see some mates. But for me FCUM fans are not United fans. Forming a club of their own mate means turning their back on United. When they did that theyre no longer United fans.

·
Registered
406 Posts
HUH !!!!!! Says who ? United never needed a sugar daddy and the signings of Rio, Veron and Van Nistlerooy prove that. What the hell are you talking about really ? =/

·
Registered
406 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Exactly how are they not United fans ? They are no different to the millions world-wide who never go to a game, even in Manchester.
And thinking your way, if myself and a few other people no longer went to games got together and formed our own club that would make us no longer United supporters ??
Hows that work if in , say Ireland, a group of United supporters decide to form a small club, does the same logic still apply?
There many on this forum alone who dont go to games, and maybe some who have formed clubs in their countries, are they not United supporters now ?

I think it boils down to each persons view of what a supporter is.

No No you got me wrong, Im not saying they arent fans becaus they dont contribute to the club or attend games. But when you form a club, not any club like you say in ireland or in your own backyard, but a club that you claim is an extention to Manchester United relating our legends and history to them, theyre talking out of their rears. They have, in more than one way, turned their back on our club.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this touchy subject then.

RED MAN WALKING said:
they have backed fergie 100%, more than any plc did if u seen the fergie interviews he says so .......
Ferguson says that its easier to work with an owner than a plc, he didnt say that he backed him more. Glazier is taking money out not putting money in. The money we spent this season , we EARNED it. its not Glaziers money its the clubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts