Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts

OWEN HARGREAVES could seal his dream £17million move to Manchester United as a casualty of a massive summer clear-out at Bayern Munich.

Coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has vowed to swing the axe as the Germans face failure to qualify for the Champions League.

England star Hargreaves, 26, has seen them block moves to United twice since he played
so well in the World Cup. But they are five points off the Champions League places with only four games to play.

Hitzfeld insists he will rip up the current squad and rebuild. “We will definitely have a major team rebuilding exercise because we have fallen below expectations,†he said.

“We will look at individuals, assessing performance and desire. So that makes the next four weeks important for every player and for me. Obviously, we don't wait until the end of May before thinking about next season.â€

Hitzfeld has warned his unsettled stars to forget about thrashing out an escape route before the end of the campaign, however.

He said: “We still have four matches to play, but there's an immense danger the team could fall apart. The media are talking about new signings and some of the players are talking to other clubs.

“It's a precarious situation, but I won't tolerate it. I'll step in at once.â€

United winger Ryan Giggs is trying his best to convince his fellow Welshman Gareth Bale to sign from Southampton in the summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hargreaves looks like a very good player and offers us someone with the energy of fletcher but with a stronger presnce. but 17 mill is a bit steep - hopefully if its clearout we can get him at something like 13mill - potentially rising up to 17 mill.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
IF Hargreaves was so keen on joining United, then why did several reports state he was "considering his possible move to United" - there is nothing to consider if he is so keen on joining us.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bayern Munich officials have finally accepted a bid in the region of £15-16M from Manchester United for midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

Hargreaves made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford and Bayern have been compelled to let him leave for a price £5M lower than their evaluation.

Hargreaves’s representatives are set to meet United officials for contract talks next week.

http://www.thesoccerblog.org/premiership/hargreaves-set-to-seal-united-move/

·
Registered
20 Posts
He'll B A Great Addition To The Squad With His Attitude And Willingness To Do The Ugly Stuff But I Still Would Like 2 See Torress Also

·
Banned
836 Posts

England international Owen Hargreaves is expected to complete his £17m move to Manchester United today.

The Premiership side have been chasing the Bayern Munich midfielder for some time and finally managed to secure his services this summer.

He agreed a five-year deal at Old Trafford after passing a medical last week and is expected to finalise the outstanding details today.

The Bayern Munich midfielder travelled to Manchester earlier this week and a deal is expected to be finalised after the Bank Holiday weekend.
He has enjoyed success with Bayern but is hungry to achieve even more at Old Trafford.

"I have been lucky to play in big games and win some wonderful titles," Hargreaves said in the News of the World.
"I have won everything a player can in Germany - titles, the Champions League and even the World Club Championship.

"It is now about experiencing that somewhere else and I can't wait to start over again.

"The prospect of adding a Premiership winner's medal to my collection is incredibly exciting."

Hargreaves regards the Premiership as the ultimate stage on which to showcase his skills, as he believes there are no easy games.
He explained: "The league is so competitive and there are so many great teams.

"I have watched some of their games on satellite and, for me, the whole focus of Europe nowadays is on the Premiership.

"It is the strongest league in the world."

(Image removed as faked - rd).

·
Registered
788 Posts
Its not until next week as he to fly to Canada on Tuesday to visit his family and should return to Manchester early next week.!!

So bbc sport is stating

1 - 20 of 23 Posts