Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked shocking today. it was cutting up all over the place, players falling over, the ball bobbling about everywhere and I imagine it will be even worse tomorrow after being played on today.

You'd think with all the money they're stealing from the fans they'd at least be able to afford a decent groundsman.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i wrote about this in the match thread for the game, on football focus they did a piece on it- they also mentioned that the groundsman at wemblet had been banned by the FA from talking to anyone about the state of the pitch.
i'd also actually be worried about it causing us an injury, what a pisser if we were to have someone injured because they are playing on nothing better than a farmers field

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
looked shocking today. it was cutting up all over the place, players falling over, the ball bobbling about everywhere and I imagine it will be even worse tomorrow after being played on today.

You'd think with all the money they're stealing from the fans they'd at least be able to afford a decent groundsman.
and they don't even seem to care about vegetarians either....bloody fascists:police:

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Its the concerts it hosts that bugger it up... ridiculous really... if they do identify that as the sole problem then they should stop hosting concerts there as it can't be seen as the one of the world's premier stadia if everyone that plays there ends up saying the pitch is bad. They won't stop hosting concerts obviously because they are money grabbing bar stewards that only care about filling their pockets.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
they said on footy focus...get this....the pitch is apparently going to be re-laid again, of course with typical foresight it is going to be replaced AFTER all the important matches have gone ahead.

so it will be in perfect condition for when take that play there later this summer...clever or what?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Its the concerts it hosts that bugger it up... ridiculous really... if they do identify that as the sole problem then they should stop hosting concerts there as it can't be seen as the one of the world's premier stadia if everyone that plays there ends up saying the pitch is bad. They won't stop hosting concerts obviously because they are money grabbing bar stewards that only care about filling their pockets.
Exactly.

It's a flipping FOOTBALL ground. The pitch got re-laid for the League Cup final in March, and now they need to relay it again.

They should shove the concerts up their arse. There isn't even a pre-season for Wembley either to put them in, as Wembley is used all year round for Charity SHield and Internationals.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Its ******* ridiculous that the semi finals are both being played at Wembley. Part of the whole motivation of the FA Cup is getting to Wembley and playing there before the final takes away some of the spectacle.

Also means, in these times of money being hard to come by, the fans of us and Everton have to pay a fortune to get the tickets and travel there.

And to have the pitch played on twice in 24 hours, in games that could potentially go to extra time and penalties, its a disgrace, Nothing but greed trying to make money back on Wembley.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i was going to ask how long before the crowds are down for the wembley semi-finals and they then start re-thinking about villa park etc, but because of the massive cost of wembley like the england internationals they have committed themselves to a long term deal so they can bring in more cash- even if it means playing on an inferior surface and making it hard for teams and fans alike

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
was watching a programme about wembley and its construction- did everyone realise that the design we have is a big compromise purely to do with getting as many seats and corporate areas in as possible, while other countries go for stadia that are considered works of art and are places fans can go to enjoy games wembley was one big compromise determined by money

there were many ideas mooted about how to keep the pitch in great condition from changing the roof desing, to having a retractable pitch- all shot down in flames as they just added to the expense.

in a sports orientated ground you would have thought the pitch and its maintainence would have been a primary concern- it IS a sports ground- primarily football after all.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
in a sports orientated ground you would have thought the pitch and its maintainence would have been a primary concern- it IS a sports ground- primarily football after all.
Never trust the FA to do anything right... Lord this and Sir that have no idea how football works, haven't played it, haven't been a fan, even if they claim to be (i'm sorry but being exec or box at big games every so often isn't being a fan to me), they haven't had ever had to worry about not being able to afford a ticket or travel and all they care about is money. It sickens me.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I couldn't believe how the ball was bouncing when theo was running with it and like cutting up and stuff and ball was slowing when people were running with it. Like the ball wasnt even reaching players and people were running ahead of it. I hope they water it well tomorrow and it zips a little better because someones going to get injured on that one day and its also alot more fatiguing to run on a heavier pitch let alone when players are already tired at this stage of the season!

Sort it out wembley!

pz!:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts