Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm sure you all know how much I hate Rangers.

But last night has made me even more furious.

As usual, they have been a complete and utter disgrace.

They have spoiled the reputation of Scottish football fans, and have spoiled it for Manchester United fans, as Manchester City Council have revealed that there will be NO BIG SCREENS FOR NEXT WEEKS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL available to fans.

They are a disgrace, and I hope they lose the SPL Title and the Scottish Cup final for their troubles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Such scum bags!!

I'm headin over to manc to watch the CL final next week from Ireland, I knew those dirty SCUMMY DELETED would wreck it for me! DELETED hate rangers scum!!

Thank god Zenit won it, Celtic remain the only team to do a 'Quadruple' and the only scottish team to win a / the European cup
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I'm surprised there were only 43 arrests after what I've been hearing this morning. Sectarian chanting, women being groped, Rangers fans dressed in Liverpool tops breaking into cars, young children in Man United shirts being shouted at, racist chants and attacks, police being beaten up and having stuff thrown at them, fighting amongst Rangers fans etc are some of the accusations I've heard.

Initial reports were that one of the screens went on the blink during the game but now I've heard it was switched off for health and safety reasons because there were over 20000 people there, which was 10000 more than expected. Can anyone confirm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
It is disgusting behaviour really. I was coming home on the train (I live in Glasgow) and a few of them were speaking of how harshly they were treated by the police. The reports i've read and heard of this morning (from unbiased fans) have stated quite the opposite.

They were told before the match that any sectarian or racist chanting would instantly have them arrested, why they did not adhere to this is a mystery.

I feel sorry for the Manchester United fans who wanted to watch the Champions League final on the large screens. Violence like that is intolerable in football, no matter what the conditions.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7 Posts
sorry mate got to jump in here mate ,i am a celtic man and i only signed in here today to see the reaction of the filth last night, please dont say scottish mte ,we at celtic want nothing to do with them ,they are scotlands shame and we are disguted that we just heard about the big screens in manchester for next week ,feel sick ,for yous ,but please dont say scots mate ,the filth are themselves
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kennydal said:
sorry mate got to jump in here mate ,i am a celtic man and i only signed in here today to see the reaction of the filth last night, please dont say scottish mte ,we at celtic want nothing to do with them ,they are scotlands shame and we are disguted that we just heard about the big screens in manchester for next week ,feel sick ,for yous ,but please dont say scots mate ,the filth are themselves
I agree.

Since you've just signed up, you won't have seen my rants about Rangers.

But I come from Hawick, in the Scottish Borders, and I hate Rangers.

I've seen their behaviour to a larger extent on SSN and I didn't realise how disgracful it was. I knew it was disgraceful, but its even WORSE than I thought.

Scotland have had big problems with behaviour and sectarianism in the past, and we have came out of that spell.

But its always Rangers who set us back. They are disgraceful and I really hope Celtic win the League and QOS the Scottish Cup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
manutd004 said:
I agree.

Since you've just signed up, you won't have seen my rants about Rangers.

But I come from Hawick, in the Scottish Borders, and I hate Rangers.

I've seen their behaviour to a larger extent on SSN and I didn't realise how disgracful it was. I knew it was disgraceful, but its even WORSE than I thought.

Scotland have had big problems with behaviour and sectarianism in the past, and we have came out of that spell.

But its always Rangers who set us back. They are disgraceful and I really hope Celtic win the League and QOS the Scottish Cup.
I agree with these views also. As a neutral from Scotland, it seems that when the sectarianism started Celtic did their best to combat the problems, whereas Rangers didn't seem to do enough (further evidence can be seen from last night). Celtic fans abroad rarely cause trouble also.

It's a shame that Scotland is going to be named or blamed in these reports, when it is a minority of fans at fault.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I have to say that I've always held the Tartan Army in high regard. When Scotland are playing there is rarely any trouble and their support for the team is great.

After last night I still think that way. You can't tarnish the whole of Scotland just because some Rangers fans are scum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
kennydal said:
sorry mate got to jump in here mate ,i am a celtic man and i only signed in here today to see the reaction of the filth last night, please dont say scottish mte ,we at celtic want nothing to do with them ,they are scotlands shame and we are disguted that we just heard about the big screens in manchester for next week ,feel sick ,for yous ,but please dont say scots mate ,the filth are themselves
That's a bit rich coming from a Celtic fan - POT, KETTLE, BLACK??

Hello
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,607 Posts
This seems to be turning into an Anti Rangers slagging thread. Whether they deserve it or not, this is a manchester united forum and we had nothing at all to do with the filth being thrown about Manchester last night. If you are only here to slag off a team that should be banned from Europe - you won't live long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
we are not all like that

This is my first post, unfortunately it is being made after the scum known as Glasgow Ranges infraltated your fine city. Please accept the apologies of most of the country of Scotland . We are not all like that filth most of us re fine upstanding citizens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
I support Celtic along with United and it is a bad situation. But that is a bit unfair on the majority Rangers fans who behaved themselves. As always with these situations a minority group manage to destroy the club's reputation. Scumbags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
I support Celtic along with United and it is a bad situation. But that is a bit unfair on the majority Rangers fans who behaved themselves. As always with these situations a minority group manage to destroy the club's reputation. Scumbags.
Exactly, lets face it, every club has its share of rotten apples that spoil it for the rest of us genuine, loyal supporters - not just Rangers! My son supports Rangers :(, however, he is raging at those who did go off the rails last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
hold on a minute i was there last night
5 mins before the game started the screen stopped working the council had two weeks to sort that out
to be hoinest manchester desveres to be trashed after the way we treated the rangers fans
there prberly the most passionate fans ive ever seen and manchester did them wrong
dont go blaming any rangers fans it was ALL manchester city councils fault
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
are you mad

first of all it was a minority yes but abig one at that 200--300

you think that you're city should be trashed i'm sure you're the only one who think's that

i'm sure that if the screen went down i would not start to pelt the engenieer who was trying to fix it with bottles

celtic took 80'000 to seville spain not one arrest
you guys are crazy if you thinkl this is acceptable:confused:
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
red_dec7 said:
hold on a minute i was there last night
5 mins before the game started the screen stopped working the council had two weeks to sort that out
to be hoinest manchester desveres to be trashed after the way we treated the rangers fans
there prberly the most passionate fans ive ever seen and manchester did them wrong
dont go blaming any rangers fans it was ALL manchester city councils fault
There was trouble before that had even happened. Rangers fans had been drinking since the morning and there had been small pockets of trouble around Manchester throughout the day. The TV going off was unfortunate and was always likely to cause trouble but to attack the police, when it isn't their fault, is ludicrous and can not be justified. I really don't understand how you can watch a group of people trash your city and then defend them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
red_dec7 said:
hold on a minute i was there last night
5 mins before the game started the screen stopped working the council had two weeks to sort that out
to be hoinest manchester desveres to be trashed after the way we treated the rangers fans
there prberly the most passionate fans ive ever seen and manchester did them wrong
dont go blaming any rangers fans it was ALL manchester city councils fault
it failed about 10 mins before kick off ! sorry to manchester council for not having physic powers and sensing the breakdown!

stuff happens ! and even tho it did happen theres no reason to start throwing bottles about, last time bottles were thrown a 4 year old girl was hit in the head. you saying thats reasonable actions for a broken down screen ?

technology isnt fool-proof. it was out of order the way some fans acted last night. i had to race to town to pick up my gf who had the struggle of walking thru hordes of them. i must say on my way down there the majority of fans were impeccable. simply trying to get a taxi or make there way home.

again, its the small-minded few who think its ok to "riot" just because there in another city.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
at the end of the day, the city didnt have to put on a big screen for them so its a bit childish to react like that when it accidentally went wrong. Manchester was simply trying to accomodate them. but, again, it was only a minority of morons who gave the club a bad name just because they didnt get their own way
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top