Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
I'm surprised there were only 43 arrests after what I've been hearing this morning. Sectarian chanting, women being groped, Rangers fans dressed in Liverpool tops breaking into cars, young children in Man United shirts being shouted at, racist chants and attacks, police being beaten up and having stuff thrown at them, fighting amongst Rangers fans etc are some of the accusations I've heard.

Initial reports were that one of the screens went on the blink during the game but now I've heard it was switched off for health and safety reasons because there were over 20000 people there, which was 10000 more than expected. Can anyone confirm?

· Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
I have to say that I've always held the Tartan Army in high regard. When Scotland are playing there is rarely any trouble and their support for the team is great.

After last night I still think that way. You can't tarnish the whole of Scotland just because some Rangers fans are scum.

· Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
red_dec7 said:
hold on a minute i was there last night
5 mins before the game started the screen stopped working the council had two weeks to sort that out
to be hoinest manchester desveres to be trashed after the way we treated the rangers fans
there prberly the most passionate fans ive ever seen and manchester did them wrong
dont go blaming any rangers fans it was ALL manchester city councils fault
There was trouble before that had even happened. Rangers fans had been drinking since the morning and there had been small pockets of trouble around Manchester throughout the day. The TV going off was unfortunate and was always likely to cause trouble but to attack the police, when it isn't their fault, is ludicrous and can not be justified. I really don't understand how you can watch a group of people trash your city and then defend them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.