Manchester United Talk banner

3281 - 3300 of 3331 Posts

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,939 Posts
Delighted to see O'Neill on board, his major weakness at club level has been in the transfer market. He gets the best out of his players though and overachieves almost everywhere he goes. He'll be passionate about the job too, which is a welcome change from trap, who was pretty much managing us out of boredom. Still, a monumental challenge for us to qualify and compete in major tournaments but he's the guy I would have picked before any of the contenders. Need to phase out the older players and get the younger players involved - The likes of Brady and Sean Murray need to get sustained runs in the team.

Keane is a very interesting, but ballsy choice, this will be either the best or worst thing to ever happen to him as potential manager down the line.

He gets on with O'Neill, but they couldn't possibly be any more different as personalties. O'Neill is an incredible man manager, one of the best around, while Keane was pretty much despised by his players at the end with Sunderland and Ipswich. He could learn a lot from MON and I think that may be one of his major motivations for taking the job, they could play off each other well and it may be effective, or else he'll self destruct and he'll be done after the first fixture.

Strange to see him working for the organization he's long despised, for once he's going to have to put his bitterness aside.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,115 Posts
Delighted to see O'Neill on board, his major weakness at club level has been in the transfer market. He gets the best out of his players though and overachieves almost everywhere he goes. He'll be passionate about the job too, which is a welcome change from trap, who was pretty much managing us out of boredom. Still, a monumental challenge for us to qualify and compete in major tournaments but he's the guy I would have picked before any of the contenders. Need to phase out the older players and get the younger players involved - The likes of Brady and Sean Murray need to get sustained runs in the team.

Keane is a very interesting, but ballsy choice, this will be either the best or worst thing to ever happen to him as potential manager down the line.

He gets on with O'Neill, but they couldn't possibly be any more different as personalties. O'Neill is an incredible man manager, one of the best around, while Keane was pretty much despised by his players at the end with Sunderland and Ipswich. He could learn a lot from MON and I think that may be one of his major motivations for taking the job, they could play off each other well and it may be effective, or else he'll self destruct and he'll be done after the first fixture.

Strange to see him working for the organization he's long despised, for once he's going to have to put his bitterness aside.
I think that Keane himself knows that if he wants to be a manager again down the line he cannot be how he was at Sunderland, he has to adapt and I think that is why he's probably open to the idea of being O'Neill's assistant...to try and adapt and possibly learn from a brilliant man-manager because O'Neill is certainly that.

Both are passionate men as well which is a huge plus as I agree about Trap not really giving a fuck about us really, it was a cash cow for him to milk.

·
Quadrospazzed on a life-glug
2,360 Posts
Tony Leen of the Examiner has said O'Neill and Keane have verbally agreed to the job and it's set to be announced on Monday. I'm genuinely excited about this. O'Neill's man management and Keane's no bullshit drive could be a great mix for us.

3281 - 3300 of 3331 Posts