Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post scouting reports about potential new signings or players that have caught our attention.

This thread very much depends on all of your inputs.

There's no format and anything goes: You can either copy and paste a scouting report or write one yourself.

I might just paste one to get the ball rolling and will hopefully be able to write one myself soon, but please feel free to get cracking and posting your scouting reports here.

Cheers,

RFR

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PSG defensive starlet Mamadou Sakho
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_4035607,00.html

Being educated at PSG, Mamadou Sakho has been in the spotlight since he was very young. The left footed defender has been a part of all of France's youth teams, and made his debut in Paris for the first-team in early 2007.

Immediately the starlet impressed the observers as left full-back, both for his physical and tactical qualities. When he was stull just 17-year-old, in October 2007, coach Paul Le Guen surprisingly offered him the armband for his first Le Championnat game.

He joined the Under-21 French team just a couple of days after turning 18. The PSG captaincy put the young ace under huge pressure last term, as the all the Paris team endured a difficult end to the season when they just avoided relegation - but Sakho still stood out and the defender with an eccentric haircut remains a huge talent.

This term, Le Guen put passed the armband to Claude Makelele, and he has decided to play Sakho in the centre of the defence beside Zoumana Camara, where the starlet has been good so far.

The scout says

For the new season, Sakho has two objectives: to become a regular in PSG's first-team in his new position, and make a name for himself with Under-21 national team and there is little doubt he will achieve both goals.

The Scout rating

Shooting: 7 out of 10

Passing:7 out of 10

Tackling: 8 out of 10

Heading: 9 out of 10

Pace: 7 out of 10

Vision: 7 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 62/80

Current value: £5million

Potential value: £15million

·
Registered
934 Posts
David Silva

Full Name David Josué Jiménez Silva
D.O.B January 8, 1986 (age 22)
Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)
Position Winger/Attacking Midfielder

The Scout Rating

Shooting: 8/10
Passing: 9/10
Tackling: 7/10
Heading: 6/10
Pace: 7.5/10
Vision: 8.5/10

Current ability: 9 out of 10

Current value: £10-15million
Potential value: £20million +

Comment: Top player. With Giggs coming to the end of a wonderful career, it's time to look for a replacement. I know there is Nani but Nani can be used as a sub for Ronaldo or Silva.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
henry lansbury see link for stats
http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/henri-lansbury

this boy is heading to the top trust me .

he will captain england before he is 24 and will go on to be greatest midfielder of his generation .

Trust me the boy has the lot pace power vision sublime deftness of touch. He is simply the real deal and if allowed first team football soon could be the answer to England's prayers in a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
here are some that i think will make it big soon

Bafétimbi Gomis

Gomis is of Senegalese descent. He made eleven appearances for St-Étienne in his first season with the club, scoring two league goals. The next season he made six goaless appearances for the club before going on loan to Troyes AC in a successful six-month loan deal, where he scored six goals in 13 games. The 2005/2006 season was not as successful as the previous season—he made 24 league appearances for St-Étienne, scored only two league goals, and was sent off in a game.

Luiz Marcelo Morais dos Reis [Lulinha]

Lulinha was born in Mauá, a Brazilian municipality in the State of São Paulo. He started as a futsal player before joining the Corinthians youth system at the age of 8. A prolific attacking midfielder, he helped the Brazilian national team to win the 2007 U-17 South-American Championship, scoring 12 goals in 7 matches. In 2007 he played in the Pan American Games and scored 3 goals in 3 games. There is much speculation involving Lulinha's transfer to Europe, but at the end of 2007 he signed a new contract with his club Corinthians, committing himself to the club until 2012. Corinthian President Andres Sanchez added "to take him off Corinthians, the interested club would have to pay 35 million Euro (£24million), and the player has 25 per cent of his rights".[1] He is under contract at Corinthians until 2012.

Toni Kroos

Kroos first played for local club Greifswalder SC, and then transferred to the youth team of Hansa Rostock. Kroos - who plays as a midfielder - changed to Bayern Munich's youth setup in 2006. For the 2007-08 season and on, Kroos was named to the senior team, at the young age of 17. Recently Uli Hoeneß has said that in the future Toni will play with the number 10 shirt in the Bayern Munich first team when he has more experience.

Kieran Gibbs

Kieran James Ricardo Gibbs (born 26 September 1989 in Lambeth, London) is an English professional footballer, who currently plays for Arsenal. He attended Riddlesdown High School in Purley, South London.

Yoann Gourcuff

Gourcuff was born in Ploemeur, Morbihan, Brittany. Having started out with FC Lorient (whose manager is his father Christian Gourcuff) at a young age, Gourcuff signed a youth contract with Stade Rennais in 2001, followed by a professional contract two years later.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'll put forward and write about the most exciting prospect in Scotland just now ;)

Steven Fletcher

The latest in a long line of exciting youngsters to step off the Hibs production line, Steven Fletcher tops the lot.

The most exciting youngster in Scottish football is certainly one to watch. Fletcher has a lot in his game, as well as being able to score every type of goal it seems, and he is certainly ready to make the step up to the full international level. He currently has one cap, which was won with an impressive performance against Croatia, setting up Scotlands only goal, but there should be many more to come.

Clubs such as Rangers, Celtic, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, and with mighty Real Madrid, among others, have already been on the look-out, with his talents being touted by Barcelona defender Gerard Pique.

Still in-experienced at the age of 21, Fletcher has the potential to become a star.

Full name: Steven Kenneth Fletcher
Date of birth: March 26, 1987 (age 21)
Height: 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position: Striker
Team: Hibernian {32 goals, 126 appearances}

Attributes;

Strikers are marked for their goalscoring, and his finishing and aerial ability means he'll get more than the odd goal.

However, finishing is not his only good point. He also has the positional sense, strength and movement and some quite good. skills. Although he doesn't have the work-rate of Ji-Sung Park, he isn't exactly lazy either.

The only two blots, if you wish, are that hes rather a one-footed player, being weak on his right, and he lacks real pace. However, his other attributes more than make up for these "problems".

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey mate,

thanks for writting up that report on Steven Fletcher.

Keep them coming an be generous with your reasons why you thin the player has potential i.e. great vision, good finishing etc.....

Edit: Hey manutd004. Thanks for filling in the blanks. Sounds like a good prospect and I'll keep a look out for any news on him.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
and you wonder why people delete your posts? :rolleyes:
yeah because all people are mature here :rolleyes:

Frank Temile

Position : Striker
Height : 181 cm don't trust that because i am always wrong when it comes to heights
Nationality : Nigerian

Trivia and Notes

Temile is an orphan, too bad he lost his father when he was 11 and his mother at age of 3

He is the brother is of L.Sofia's midfielder Omonigho Temile

He is the cousin of Israel international Toto Tamuz

His Uncle (also the father of Toto) was a Nigerian international Clement Temile

He was about to sign for Bayern Munich but he Choose Dynamo Kyiv instead to play more with the first team

He won three awards with in his days at Malta and they are Best Striker , Best Young Player and Best Foreign player at age of 17

He Plays with Dynamo Kyiv and he is hopefully going to be registered and given a number by the start of January 2009

Scout Rating

Finishing: 8 out of 10

Passing: 6 out of 10

Stability : 8 out of 10

Physical Ability and Stamina : 7 out of 10

Tackling: 4 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Pace: 8 out of 10

Vision: 7 out of 10

Ball Control : 8 out of 10

Dribbling : 7 out of 10

Current ability: 8 out of 10

Current value: Unknown

Potential value: £20 Million

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hugo Lloris scouting report

Full name___: Hugo Lloris
Date of birth: December 26, 1986 (1986-12-26) (age 21)
Place of birth: Nice, France
Height______: 1.86m
Playing position: Goalkeeper

Hugo Lloris is a 21 year-old goalkeeper, who currently plays for Lyon and is already their number 1 choice and a regular starter. He transferred during the summer from Nice, where he was a regular starter and where his stunning displays attracted interest from the likes to Tottenham and AC Milan.

I haven't seen him play for Lyon, but I have seen him play for Nice and he has all the attributes of a very good goal keeper.

He is surprisingly agile and fast for a man of his stature and has exceptional reflexes.
He is no slouch when he needs to rush out of goal and is good at positioning himself and narrowing angles for opposing strikers.

His kicking and throwing are decent and displays good ability to command his area. When he make saves, he has a good habit of catching the ball with both hands, which every keeper attempts, but not many succeed doing.

At 21, he is an amazing goalkeeping talent and I predict big things from him. He is a wonderful keeper - the sort that can make a difference in a tight game - and i wouldn't mind seeing him in a Man Utd jersey one day.

Mark my words, we'll be speaking of him in the same way we do about Casillas and Buffon shortly.

Reflexes: 10/10
Ball-handling: 9/10
Aerial ability: 8/10
Agility: 9/10
Command of Area: 9/10
Positioning: 8/10
Jumping: 7/10
Kicking: 7/10
Throwing: 8/10

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Sadick Adams

Position Striker
Height : 169
Team : Alatico B

Playing Style
Very Fast agile player who relay on his pace in many situations, great in beating the goalie and he is described as the king of one-on-one

Scout Rating

Finishing: 7 out of 10

Passing: 6 out of 10

Stability : 7 out of 10

Heading: 5 out of 10

Pace: 9 out of 10

Vision: 6 out of 10

Ball Control : 9 out of 10

Dribbling : 8 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 69/80

The New Martins :cool:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Good stuff, abo!

Keep it up! If he;s that good at one to ones, shouldn't finishing stat be better?
nah not "that" good finisher he usually beat the goalie most of the time also he miss allot of chances

he will be the new Martins or Defeo

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Masoud Shojaei - He's a tricksome little winger

Masoud Shojaei is a right winger currently plying his trade in the Spanish Primera Liga & for the Iranian National side.

He was snapped up by Osasuna for free after his contract with UAE side Al Sharjah had expired. He's a tricky right winger & at 24 has years ahead of him.

I saw the article on 101greatgoals.com complete with video evidence and decided to have a watch. He's not half bad, although he goes down a little easily.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Cruz Azul striker Martin Luis Galvan, at the age of 15, is already been called the revelation of Mexican football.

Galvan is the typical player that has the face of a child but the body of a mature man. This player was promoted to the Premier Division by the Uruguayan coach Sergio Markarian at the age of 13

Galvan has a lovely good style when he has the ball at his feet and also has a brave heart as he doesn't have any problem in playing against players much more older than him.

His talent and quality for making him move fast around the pitch makes him powerful and difficult for the defenders to get near him.

Galvan is not yet a top-star in Mexico but it is just a matter of time before he becomes one of their most important players - as long as he can keep his feet on the ground.

Shooting: 8 out of 10

Passing: 7 out of 10

Tackling: 5 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current value: £3million

Potential value: £25million

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^Good job 16-Keano-16!

Thanks for posting this info. Would be interesting to see this striker in action, but I can't find any video on him.

BTW, I'm quite busy with the other threads I'm taking care of, so if someone wants to sort of keep an eye on this thread please PM me.

Thank you!

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Carlos Vela is a Mexican international who shot to prominence in 2005 when he helped Mexico win the Fifa Under-17 World Championships, top-scoring with five goals in the tournament to win the Golden Boot. It was Mexico's first world title at any level.

Vela began his career with Chivas Guadalajara, in the Mexican League, but left for Celta Vigo in Spain before representing the first-team.

He is not the typical centre-forward. He is a well "rounded" forward with decent physical attributes, great finishing on the ground and is also good in the air.

Left-footed Vela is comfortable on the ball which also allows him to play out wide if needed. He can protect the ball adequately, play combination football and interact with his team mates in such an "unselfish" way that either him or his mates get 1-versus-1 against the keeper.

Despite certain distractions the youngest of the Vela brothers has demonstrated genuine potential. If he manages to improve his shooting efficiency and increase his timing he could well become an attractive prospect and succeed in Europe.

The scout says...
Having already made his name in Mexico, and after to playing at three Spanish sides and is now waiting to demonstre his talent at Arsenal in the Premier League, a type of football that is likely to suit him very well.

Vela could easily be one to keep and eye on this season.

Shooting: 9 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 6 out of 10

Heading: 8 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 66/80

Current value: £10million

Potential value: £35million

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Oh my goodness gracious me. This new Serbian wunderkind is AMAZING! He's so young and his ball control reminds me of Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho two or three years ago, that is. You just have to see it to believe it. Watch the whole video it's 10mins but worth it. :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ WOW!

What a talent.
Thanks for sharing that video!
Somebody should send this to the Man Utd scouts, so they keep an eye on him.

His name is Nikon Jevtic

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nikon Jevtic - found some info on him

-He was born in England to Serbian parents, as his parents fled during the war.
-He is tri-lingual, as he can speak English, German, and Serbian, though I imagine he will obtain Spanish fluency. His parents spent some time in Germany and Austria, so he picked up the German sense.
-Allegedly, when he was 10 he played in a training match with the Stuttgart U15s and managed to score 6 goals.
-known as 'El Maestro' and was mainly trained by his brother.

The only 11 years old Nikon Jevtic has signed a contract with the Spanish team Valencia!
This still very young football player is considered as one of the biggest talents of his age in the whole world. Valencia isn’t the first big team in Europe where Nikon plays for. Before his move to Valencia he already played for Arsenal, VfB Stuttgart and Austria Wien.

Another quality of Nikon is the 3 languages he already knows at this young age, and that without going to school. The Jevtic family moved to Great-Britain in 1987 because of the war in Yugoslavia and it was in those times that his older sister, Milly, taught him English.

When Alex Ferguson (Manchester Utd) saw a movie of Nikon Jevtic he was very impressed, Nikon could already cope with crosses of 70 metres and he could bang in one corner after another without hitting something else but the nets!

After a while his father had to move to Germany for his work and so did the Jevtic family. Nikon joined VfB Stuttgart where he learned the German language, and later on he moved to the youth academy of Austria Wien. He played many many great matches, and even against the German (under 18) national team he managed to score 6 goals! Of course it didn’t take to long before the big clubs where knocking on the door. It’s said that Valencia paid a large sum for him, but the exact amount isn’t clear.

Also media interaction isn’t a big deal for Nikon, he already practised on his signature and he has the nickname 'El Maestro'. He also has a personal trainer, his 22 years old brother Nestor (who’s an excellent football player himself) and a manager.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts