Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 510 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2013-2014
Be prepared for another season of the most exotic league in Europe. The following season could be one of the most exciting Serie A seasons in the last few years. Napoli and Serie A has lost a world class player in Cavani, but on the other hand there are a good number of classy footballers coming to Italy, most notably Tévez, Gómez and Llorente. One of the biggest headlines of last season is the relegation of Palermo, a team filled with a considerable amount of talent that might get snatched by Serie A teams, like Iličić and Abel.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Juventus F.C

Back to back Scudetto winners, and the favourites to win the 2014's Scudetto. Managed by one of the best managers in the world in Conte, Juve posses an immensely talented squad. They are blessed with an amazing backline featuring one of the best defenders in the world in Barzaglie and one of the best goalkeepers in the history of football in Buffon. Juve's midfield is up there with Barca's and Bayern's in term of quality with the world's best passer in Pirlo, a destructive world class machine in Vidal and the talents of Marchisio and Pogba. For the past 2 seasons, Juve had one glaring weakness and it's the lack of a proper goalscorer. Matri and Quagliarella were simply not good enough, and Vučinić despite all his qualities, he is not the most reliable goalscorer. Juve's main goal this summer was to acquire some talented strikers, and that's exactly what they did with the signings of Tévez and Llorente.

Transfers In: Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao - Free), Carlos Tévez (Manchester City - €10m)
Transfers Out: Emanuele Giaccherini (Sunderland - €8-10m)

Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli
Napoli had a fascinating season, finishing 2nd behind Juve but suffered three huge blows by the end of the season. The first one losing the genius behind their success Walter Mazzarri to Inter Milan, the second getting Rafael Benítez as Walter's replacement and the 3rd the sale of Cavani to PSG. Napoli fans should look forward to see how the Cavani money will be spent (Or since Rafa is in charge, how it will be wasted) Napoli must sign a proper striker to replace Cavani, but their choices are diminshing day by day, with Villa staying in Spain and Gómez joining Fiorentina. Other than that, Napoli should consider signing some defenders, as their defence was their main weakness in the past few years.​
Transfers In: José Callejón (Real Madrid - €9m) Dries Mertens (PSV - €9.5m) Pablo Armero (Udinese - €4m)​
Transfers Out: Edinson Cavani (PSG - )
Associazione Calcio Milan
After being runners up in 11-12, Milan lost their only world class players ahead of the 12-13 season when Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva left for the riches of PSG, With their worst start in 80 years things were not looking good and Massimiliano Allegri very nearly lost his job, in all honesty it still doesn't look secure, but when he put his faith in young Stephan El Shaarawy (who thankfully for Milan looks to be staying put this summer) - it's almost as if his prayers were answered. Il Faraone carried Milan to January with a CL spot in sight, in every single way except literally, and then Pato was finally replaced with Mario Balotelli, who seemed to finally start showing his talent on a consistent basis, now back in Milan but with the club he supports and the love he needs. Riccardo Montolivo stepped up to be a real leader with an impressive season, Mattia De Sciglio looked promising, Pazzini scored vital goals, and Milan got 3rd place, edging out Fiorentina.​
Milan need to continue the rejuvenation process, more dead wood needs to be cut (Bakaye Traore etc) - along with some that's already gone (Taiwo) - and the oldies gone (Ambrosini, Yepes..) - and need to shore up the defence. The firepower is there and there's now a youthful core, can Milan improve enough to compete for the scudetto again? right now it doesn't look too likely but time will tell.​
Transfers in: Andrea Poli (Sampdoria - €3m), Cristian Zapata (Villareal - €6m), Ricardo Saponara (Empoli - undisclosed), Jherson Verghara (Deportes Quindio - €2m), Luca Ghiringhelli (Juve Stabia - undisclosed), Bryan Cristante (promoted from Primavera)​
Transfers out: Massimo Ambrosini (Fiorentina - free), Mathieu Flamini (unattached), Mario Yepes (unattached), Bojan (Ajax - loan), Taye Taiwo (Bursaspor - free)​

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
43,919 Posts
You bitch, you'll run it with me. Do a review/preview for Milan and Fiore and I'll add them up in my 2nd post. Then we'll decide who does reviews for Lazio, Roma Udinese and Milan which will be posted in the 3rd post.

Fine.... how about Milan, Fiorentina, I'll do another post like yours again with Lazio, you take Roma, Udinese and Inter?

-e- thanks versa :thumbsup:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fine.... how about Milan, Fiorentina, I'll do another post like yours again with Lazio, you take Roma, Udinese and Inter?

-e- thanks versa (y)
I'd like to do Fiore, but you can do it if you want. I'll defnitely take Roma and Udinese and I wouldn't mind doing Inter's but I didn't watch enough of Inter last season.

Maybe other members can join in. piazza Wanna do a review for Roma?

·
43,919 Posts
I'd like to do Fiore, but you can do it if you want. I'll defnitely take Roma and Udinese and I wouldn't mind doing Inter's but I didn't watch enough of Inter last season.

Maybe other members can join in. piazza Wanna do a review for Roma?

tell you what then I'll do Inter, Milan and Lazio, you get the more attractive to watch Fiorentina Udinese - if piazza doesn't want to do similar for Roma, I'll do them too, since you've done two already :thumbsup:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tell you what then I'll do Inter, Milan and Lazio, you get the more attractive to watch Fiorentina Udinese - if piazza doesn't want to do similar for Roma, I'll do them too, since you've done two already (y)
Okay. Let's go by the league's order. Now do Milan I'll do Fiore and we'll see what happens next. We're only doing the top 8.

·
43,919 Posts
BTW: Callejon to Napoli in addition to Mertens, Poli to Milan, Di Natale signs on until 2015

Tevez has been told to lose weight :ROFL:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Really looking forward to the next season of Serie A football. Although its a league that keeps losing players there are teams that play some nice football and some quality youngsters which I always like to see. Watch out for my boy Muriel. He's gonna have a monster season if he doesn't get injured and I can't wait to see him in action. Also can't wait to see kovacic in action. Don't think there's a midfielder of his level of talent anywhere in the world.

Just wish juve signed muriel. While llorente and tevez are very good buys it'd be great for them to have another striker and sell the likes of matri and quag. I'd also like to see them get in another midfielder to replace marchiso in the starting 11. Another thing that's great is that pogba will probably get more game time which will be fun to watch. They are the only serie a team with the hope of challenging europes elite and it'd be great if they improved there team.

Can't wait to see fiorentina who are always worth a watch. I'm also eagerly awaiting where quintero is going to end up for the season.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Can't wait for this, this is the best league to watch (other than the Premier League of course).

Serie A should start getting more viewers and more hype because its really turned into a great league with so many world class players and very good sides.

AC Milan, Fiorentina and Napoli are all looking good but I still strongly fancy Juventus to win consecutive Serie A titles, especially with their two new signings Tevez and Llorente at the club, not to mention that they have Pogba in their ranks.

·
The Great Dane
6,422 Posts
Can't wait for this, this is the best league to watch (other than the Premier League of course).

Serie A should start getting more viewers and more hype because its really turned into a great league with so many world class players and very good sides.

AC Milan, Fiorentina and Napoli are all looking good but I still strongly fancy Juventus to win consecutive Serie A titles, especially with their two new signings Tevez and Llorente at the club, not to mention that they have Pogba in their ranks.

Serie A was by far the best league in the world 15-20 years ago. But agree, it will be more entertaining next season :) Great that Fiorentina could sign a top player like Mario Gomez, I like it very much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Next serie A should be very very interesting

Some update:
In the next hours will be official Strootman from PSV to AS Roma, Jedvaj from Dinamo Zagabria to AS Roma, Ogbonna from Torino to Juve and Giaccherini from Juve to Sunderland

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Strootman should be setting his sights at a better club. Roma play some of the worst football in the world despite having some really talented players there. They aren't going to move forward until they get in a coach with ambition and a plan.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
great call on quintero, he caught my eye last year, looks very talented
he did look very talented at pescara but he looked a bit confused as to how he's actually supposed to be influencing games in the league. Seria a is an unforgiving league for players like him and can make the most gifted of players look average I.e coutinho. If I were advising him I'd tell him to move to the prem but if he stays in seria a I'm still expecting big things. He's immensly gifted and plays with a lot of passion. After seeing him at the recent world U20's I'm convinced he should be at a big club.

1 - 20 of 510 Posts