Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of these people who usually watches the World Snooker Championship every year, do you watch the game on tv and if so who are your favourite players from years gone by and today?

I'm currently watching this years final between Graeme Dott and Peter Ebdon, it's not been great so far but it should improve hopefully!

I always like to see my fellow Irishman, Ken Doherty doing well, he's won the World Championship once in 1997.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Graeme Dott beat Peter Ebdon 18-14 last night to become World Snooker Champion.

It was the Scot's first ever World Championship title.

I've played pool quite a bit myself and i enjoy it! (when i'm doing well of course!)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Snooker in the 70s and 80s was a big draw on tv; but nowadays, its wilted somewhat. Darts is more popular now. A game that I actually play for a League Team, in a pub not 300 yards from my home.

I have not actually played snooker for a long time but am fairly good at it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Lol. This is an old thread!!!

I watch the snooker World championship every year and I was at the LG Final in Preston when Mark Williams played John Higgins a few years ago.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is my favourite player and I'll always have a soft spot for Jimmy 'Runner-Up' White.

I occasionally watch Premier League snooker on Sky Sports but other than the World Championship I only really watch the Masters and UK Championship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.