Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a lot of reeally stupid posts about the topic and wanted to know what others felt or thought about. This is about the "daytrippers" or the so called - non-supporters or non-reds.

Do you so called "TRUE REDS" think that you OWN United ? Is Manchester United an entity that only people living in Manchester have rights to ? Or... simply love boasting and priding yourself about where you guys live ? This is a really stupid thought since in my view all supporters are one and UNITED.

Im sick and tired of posts that go - "will you support united if we were relegated ? "....."will you watch them at midnight on tv if we were relegated ? ".... My QUESTION "Would you PAY Money and go to a game if we were relegated ? "

Would he and millions more asians be "waking up in the morning" to see United play if we got relegated? NO THEY WOULDNT.
... its the other side of the coin. And wtf with wishing our club would be relegated so that we lose fame , crumble down to the lowest level and ASIANS would stop supporting United.

Also why the specific rant on Asians ? Arent we also humans .... is this some racist view or whatever ? Im sure the so called true REDS would have heard already how we have to get up and watch matches at midnight.... well ive seen a few people from Manchester moaning because the Club World Cup Matches were in the morning in the UK.... and thats what a true red is ?

I need answers and quick. This isnt a thread for bitching and bad-mouthing etc. Post logic views on why you think you are TRUE REDS just because you live in Manchester.

I'm waiting. :rtfm:

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Why do you care? My reply is always, I know i'm a true red. I don't give a damn what anyone else says. I know myself and that's teh main thing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you care? My reply is always, I know i'm a true red. I don't give a damn what anyone else says. I know myself and that's teh main thing.:thumbsup:
One of the best replies Ive read. But I cant be talked about as a "daytripper" not a fan , not a supporter by fellow United fans. It seems very ill-logical.

Z

·
0 Posts
I live in Manchester and I'm also sick and tired of the 'top red' attitude that some people seem to have. Being from Manchester doesn't make me more of a fan than someone in China, America etc. If we didn't have so many fans all around the world that buy United merchandise we wouldn't be where we are today.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I think that if you do a survey on supporters from
Asia you will find that Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd
and Chelsea supporters are MUCH more than those
supporting the other 16 Premiership teams put together
and there is a reason. I don't care if you think you
would support Utd if we had spent the last 30 years
in Division 2 and I'm not about to go to any length
to say that you wouldn't.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
A 'True Red' for me is someone who is someone who gets behind the team and will support us at all times, no matter how good or bad the period that we're in is.

It shouldn't matter where you're from.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
One of the best replies Ive read. But I cant be talked about as a "daytripper" not a fan , not a supporter by fellow United fans. It seems very ill-logical.
You yourself know you're a United fan. It doesn't matter what they say, what they call you. You know you love United. Pass it off, ignore it and don't let it bother you.:)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't care if you think you
would support Utd if we had spent the last 30 years
in Division 2
My question would you ? I want even born yet for the 30yrs you mentioned mate.

Is it my problem that the club I love is in its very peak in Europe and The Premiership ?

I cant truely answer that - because in my opininon a "TRUE RED" wouldnt even imagine his club in the division 2 .

Success has gone to your head....

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
A 'True Red' for me is someone who is someone who gets behind the team and will support us at all times, no matter how good or bad the period that we're in is.

It shouldn't matter where you're from.
thats as good an arguement as i can think of

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats as good an arguement as i can think of
TRUE. :thumbsup:

But I'll put a question to you like many have to me since Im from India.

Would you watch United on TV / Wake up in the early hours in the morning if United were relegated ?

Again - I hate to use RELEGATED. :mad:

QUOTE from a "TRUE RED"

Day tripper, What a mong

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
TRUE. :thumbsup:

But I'll put a question to you like many have to me since Im from India.

Would you watch United on TV / Wake up in the early hours in the morning if United were relegated ?

Again - I hate to use RELEGATED. :mad:
I can honestly say I would. Through thick and thin, i'll be an United supporter.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
My question would you ? I want even born yet for the 30yrs you mentioned mate.

Is it my problem that the club I love is in its very peak in Europe and The Premiership ?

I cant truely answer that - because in my opininon a "TRUE RED" wouldnt even imagine his club in the division 2 .

Success has gone to your head....
What idiocy. I'm the one saying "reduce ticket prices and
stop this merchandise policy even if it means not being
able to spend £30mil. on the likes of Dimitar Berbatov".

I will support Utd through thick and thin, Premiership
or Conference. If Utd are relegated I will still be there
as much as I can, not living in Manchester anymore
and not being able to commute as much as I used to
for work and the like it's not like I'm always there.

The argument I absolutely hate is when an Asian drops
the "without us you wouldn't be able to buy players
like Berbatov", well good bloody riddance. I don't want
your money, the Glazers do so if anything they should
thank you.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i hate those idiots who think that if you dont get to see united live you're not a fan really

does that mean that that old lady who's sitting behind fergie every match is more fan than me

besides - i was on spurs vs utd match this december - am i a bigger fan now that i've fullfilled my dream

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What idiocy.
Really ? Why ?

I will support Utd through thick and thin, Premiership
or Conference. If Utd are relegated I will still be there
as much as I can, not living in Manchester anymore
and not being able to commute as much as I used to
for work and the like it's not like I'm always there.
How would you feel if I question you on that ? Will you really ?

The argument I absolutely hate is when an Asian drops
the "without us you wouldn't be able to buy players
like Berbatov",
Well... the arguement I hate is "Would you support United if we were relegated ? ". Live with it.

I know it isnt a very good arguement. But w t f is wrong with having SUPPORTERS around the world ? Is it some disease ?

well good bloody riddance. I don't want
your money,
Well.... **** off then.... nah just wanted to say that. You dont want the money ? Are you the club ? Are you the Manager ? NO.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hate those idiots who think that if you dont get to see united live you're not a fan really
What Ive been saying.

does that mean that that old lady who's sitting behind fergie every match is more fan than me
She's fergies friend you know. She calls him "Alex" :laugh:

besides - i was on spurs vs utd match this december - am i a bigger fan now that i've fullfilled my dream
You can be a bigger fan only on the inside. That is for yourself. You should go to a match for your need. Not to fecking show off to be a TRUE TOP RED.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
What Ive been saying.

She's fergies friend you know. She calls him "Alex" :laugh:

You can be a bigger fan only on the inside. That is for yourself. You should go to a match for your need. Not to fecking show off to be a TRUE TOP RED.
excactly what i did ;)

and btw - i really don't care what anyone thinks of me in the terms if i'm a true red or not :specool:

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I know I am a true Red and I would support United if they were in division 2 throughout my life because my dad and all my uncles are United fans. But some people just decided to support united during the 90's because of the success. They wouldnt support United if they we were in division 2 during the 90's but I agree anyone who supports United is a True Red

1 - 20 of 153 Posts