Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel like we have won an Ultimate Treble? I know the Fa Cup is alot harder to win that the WCC,but,How many teams have been crowned Champs of the country,champs of their continent AND champions of the WORLD!?!?! Not many if any!!So if we wanna play the scousers game of racking up trophy counts and making up thier own little leauges/cups whatever then we can now say we have won a treble twice in a decade.....let them get out of that one:p

·
Registered
17 Posts
While the Treble will always be the league, domestic cup, and continental level cup.... could the WCC be included into the Quadruple?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Slugs said:
While the Treble will always be the league, domestic cup, and continental level cup.... could the WCC be included into the Quadruple?
hey slugs do you live in hartlepool ?

as ian brown once sung we could be the heavyweight champions of the world .

now we have won it it is a mighty trophy worthy of respect
much as the mickey mouse cup will be if we win it .

now ive got more front than blackpool but that would be one double i would have trouble crowing over :eek:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
It's a good point...but no IMO

If we count this...Scousers will think they son the treble!! :rolleyes:

Amd also, this is this season..we win the others last season ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano! said:

I thought you had a spell checker of Firefox now? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Ye.....but on my iPod now... And it has this annoying auto correct and sometimes I realize I spelt wrong, but expect the thingy to fix it...too complicated

See realize above ...I spell it with an s.....realise;) LOL.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
chicago then not the original windy city;)

they once hung a monkey as a french spy in hartlepool according to legend --- legend is often wrong but does chicago have anything as good to recommend it as that ?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
-zuco- said:
I think the clue was in his location Haggs. 'The Windy City'
no way is anywhere on gods green earth windier than hartlepool !!!! record books may say mount washington but they have never watched northampton hartlepool in a div 4 reelection crunch game in february with the snot forming into icicles a yard long so i dispute the claim .

·
Registered
17 Posts
haggler said:
chicago then not the original windy city;)

they once hung a monkey as a french spy in hartlepool according to legend --- legend is often wrong but does chicago have anything as good to recommend it as that ?
There are a few different stories floating around about how we got that name, but the most common one is in reference to the "false promises" brought forth by area politicians during the early 19th Century (something continues today). Along the lines of "the pols are so full of hot air it makes the city even more windy".

I'm quite partial to the name "The Second City" (in reference to the fact the most of the original city was burned down in 1871 and a second city was built) but Windy City seems to be more wildly known.

Z

·
0 Posts
haggler said:
no way is anywhere on gods green earth windier than hartlepool !!!! record books may say mount washington but they have never watched northampton hartlepool in a div 4 reelection crunch game in february with the snot forming into icicles a yard long so i dispute the claim .
Its hard to put into words just how little I care about your theory, so I don't think I'll bother.

·
Registered
17 Posts
haggler said:
But does Hartlepool's wind have a name? The wind here in Chicago is called "The Hawk" :cool:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
if the locals could talk i am sure they would have a name for it but they speak in a cave man like string of ugs . chicago looks to be a great place to visit - do you have more skyscrapers than new york ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
haggler said:
if the locals could talk i am sure they would have a name for it but they speak in a cave man like string of ugs . chicago looks to be a great place to visit - do you have more skyscrapers than new york ?
NYC actually has about double the number of skyscrapers (inhabitable building more than 500 meters in height) than we do (120 vs 68), but Chicago had the first and still have the country's tallest (Sears Tower)...

Until this is finished....

http://www.thechicagospire.com/

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haggler said:
Chicago >>>>>>>>>>>> New York

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keano! said:

Yes but it was impossible to win this last season BUT the Champs League title is what got us here so for me it can be included with last years haul.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
That makes good reading

Champions of England

Champions of Europe

Champions of the world

If this was Boxing terms I think that would make us undesputed champion .

And another thing if we are to win the carling cup which the final is in early march I think it would read like this .

Fa Premier league champions

Champions league Champions

World club Champions

Carling cup winners

Community sheild winners

I say we should have the squad photo retaken would look pretty wicked wouldnt it !!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts