Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've always been the same at the back, two quality center backs, full backs that love to bomb on, but from there it all gets a little less clear in my opinion.

Now We've got Dimitar Berbatov Carlos Tevez Cristiano Ronaldo Wayne Rooney Nani and Anderson who will all be competeing for places higher up the pitch which to be perfectly honest is mouth watering and i think every Reds die hard would agree !

But now this gives Sir Alex a nice but incredibly difficault option in how to fit all these players into a system. Now having spent £31.75m on Berbatov you would think he'll come in and play and i wouldnt drop Tevez for anyone right now, Ronaldo picks himself but where does this leave Rooney? Nani and Anderson are still very young and are just projects for Ferguson at the moment.

but i'd be very interested if you United fans see Fergie changeing the system that we play, and what would your formation and starting 11 be ?

Tell me what you think guys :p Cannot wait for Liverpool away !

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
3 at the back perhaps lol
im not to sure really i think a good rotation in CM but and rooney and tevez playing off berba imo

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Maybe Rooney in just behind Berbatov and Tevez. In the hole just behind the strikers. Perhaps he could try playing as a link between strikers and midfield.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
rooney, tevez and ronaldo supporting berbatov, with scholes and carrick holding the midfield, 4-2-3-1 formation

if we want more options on the bench, park could start in place of tevez and we would play a 4-4-2 formation.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4-2-3-1 sounds good to me, cant wait to see how we set up against Liverpool. So excited but gutted these basted internationals are here interrupting the Premier League :(

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think we'll still play 4-4-2 as usual but rooney and tevez will not have as much match time :( I think rooney and tevez will play the same role but interchange i matches e.g rooney will play one match tevez the other. The thing is how can you put rooney tevez or berbatov on the bench? There might be some unhappy players, unless we play something like this (when scholes and giggsy retire):

- - - - - - - VDS - - - - - - -
Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra
- - - Hargo - Ando - - - -
- - - - - Rooney - - - - - -
- Ron - - Berba - Tevez -

Use Nani instead of Tevez sometimes. Carrick and Hargreaves would change depending on which is best suited to the game were playing. And Scholesy would swap games with Anderson again depending on which is best suited to the game were playing.
:D

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
The United Way:

4 at the back.
2 midfielders.
2 wingers.
2 strikers.

NFT.
Rooney and Tevez and Berbatov have to compete for the starting positions.
Unless one wants to play out wide.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We need to play, and will play 4-4-2.

But seriously, if my fears come true I'll be furious, and my fears are coming true if Sir Alex has the same opinion of most of you.

What are my fears, you ask? I honestly think that Tevez will be dropped for Berbatov, and Manucho won't get the chances he needs. Maybe at the start, while Ronaldo is injured, we'll possibly play 4-3-3.

But once Ronaldo comes back, I think we'll move the 4-4-2, and Tevez will be dropped.

Also, I can't see Manucho getting many chances, then if he doesn't play well on the odd occasion he gets on/gets a game, the supporters will start jumping on his back.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
i think it will be 4 1 3 2

for eg vds
rio vidic evra rafael
schole
Ronney andersson nani
tevez berba

or

vds
brown rio vidic evra
andersson schole
nani rooney tevez
berbatov

or simply

vds
eva rio vidic brown
andersson schole nani
Rooney tevez
berba

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
------------------------------Van Der Sar
Brown/Neville----------Rio------------Vidic-----------------------Evra
---------------------Hargreaves/Carrick/Scholes/Anderson

Ronaldo-----------------------------------------------------------Nani/Giggs

----------------------------------Rooney/Anderson
---------------------Tevez--------------------------Berbatov

Something to that effect would make me smile.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Gotta be 4-4-2 for me

Usual back 4 (VDS in net), Nani (LW) Ando and Carrick Ronaldo (RW) Then Rooney/Tevez and Berba Baby upfront

Option to switch Rooney/Tevez on the left,Nani to the Right and bang Ronnie upfront just off Berba/Tevez

No Oshea /Flethcher at all for me im afraid

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
- - - - - - - VDS - - - - - - -
Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra
- - - Hargo - Ando - - - -
- - - - - Rooney - - - - - -
- Ron - - Berba - Tevez -
agreed with that, especially for the liverpool game - nani in for ronaldo though.

hargreaves, anderson, rooney, tevez all have to play as theyre big game players and very determined. berbatov is also a big game player when he feels like it lol but on his debut he'll be up for it no question.

I think SAF will play Scholes in the liverpool game though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
If Tevez gets dropped theres no justice in the world.
Exactly.

But somehow I think he will be dropped when Ronaldo comes back.

Many People said:
VDS

Brown---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

-----------------Player 1--------------
--Player 2----------------Player 3--

-----------------Player 4--------------
---------Player 5----------Player 6
Many people have been recommending this formation but sorry, I doubt this will work and we need to avoid this imo.

And especially if Scholes is player 1.

·
Registered
70 Posts
VDS

Brown Rio Vida Evra

Scholes Carrick

Ronaldo Tevez Rooney

Berbatov

Subs: Foster, G nev, Giggs, Park, Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson

Ron, Tevez and Rooney can interchange in this formation,
Evra will provide the width down the left.
Its a frightening team and the bench isnt half bad either!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts