Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"well played ref...well played. there he is, united's 12th man."

these were the words i heard leaving the pub after watching united's magnificent comeback against spurs. that second half perfromance was the best i've seen united play all season, and it's a real shame that some people (not all) don't seem to be able to admit when there team have been outplayed.

i'd like to think that as a fan of football i realise when a team has played well, and that if an opponent plays better than the team i support i can admit it, rather than look for excuses as to why it was unfair that the other team won. but there seem to be a large number of people about who, especially when it comes to manchester united, seem incapable of seeing this.

i have to admit that most people in the pub where i watched the game today didn't keep refering to the penalty decision that went united's way. but there were two loud-mouthed idiots who thought it'd be clever of them to try and make every man utd fan there seem as if they had as usual cheated in order to get three points, never mind that fact that they passed circles around the tottenham players.

and this is what is annoying about being a united fan. everybody else is against you.

maybe i'm over reacting, maybe these two moron's just got to me a little bit. or maybe it's just something that comes with supporting a successful club, but it's just getting a little bit frustrating that people keep on trying to discredit united's hard fought victories. it happened with macheda's goal ("oh what a suprise, man united score after half an hour of injury time") and it happened again today.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Who gives a shit what other Fans think about United. :rolleyes:

That's not really a thing any United Fan should be worried about - the fact that they don't like United and can't admit that we deserved to win the game in the end.

Just laugh back at them because they'll look stupid when we are lifting the Title come the end of May.:p

I can't wait to go into town after awhile now, gonna sing ever United song I can and rub it in all the Liverpool's Fans faces. Awww I love United..!:D

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
You weren't in the same pub as me were you? :rofl: There were loads of spurs fans (or ABU's), some of which stormed out of the pub. I heard it too, United have 12 men on the pitch!!!! Sore losers!! That was the comeback of the season, even though I lost money on my bets, I couldn't give a flying monkey!!! Great game, great result. I'm delighted, F*** 'em all

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i'm so excited and i just can't hide it, lalalalala ;)
Worst thing about being a United fan? Can't think of one to be fair.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hey Jack.

Understand what you're saying completely.

While i was in London, I watched football in a pub and I was struck in particular by the stupidity of Celsea fans. I don't have a very good impression of them and don't think them very educated about football, but anyway,.. back on topic.

Whaty ou say about being a Man Utd fan is true, but by now I wear it like a badge of honor. i've been collecting "evindence" to fight back with by now, which usually shuts them up, but it still sucks.

When Vidic hustles and comes up tops in a physical battle, the ref is always "in United's favour". Always.

When it's skrtel or some other rival player, it was "good hustling" :rolleyes:

When we don't get a stonewall penaly, it's "for once, justice has been done" and when we get a 50/50 like today, "the ref is the 12th man". Even if it's Howard Webb, who has a sent off Ronaldo for that handball in the derby :rolleyes:

**** rival fans and good on you not getting involved with an argument with the two idiots.

They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Really not worth the stress.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Yeah **** what they think, Liverpool got a goal from a dodgy freekick today, but not a word spoken about that...

·
23,699 Posts
It is good to be biased or targeted against by rival fans. It only means we must be doing something right. :cool:

Who wants to target a relegation-fighting team? :D

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's true, but me and my mates just parody it now.
first we said "no it wasn't a penalty, but what do you want us to do? stop the game and refuse to take it?" and then after each goal we concocted a reason why we had cheated for each goal and it didn't take long for our friends to get the picture and button it.
but either way, nothing could detract from a great performance by the reds in my opinion. not sparkling in the second half, but they really pulled it out the bag second half.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sometime being a ManUtd, we need to suffer first..............in the early BPL matches we had a decent win run, but then thing turns upside down....Like in the Spurs matches, we need to suffer an embarrassing start by being 0-2 down, then with just 22 minutes we gain the top spot with 5 goals...

·
Registered
734 Posts
good point man there are so many ABUs out there its a joke i end up having arguments with my friends over it all the time, anyone who just keeps going on about it is just jealous we have the best squad and other fans cant take it,

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Who cares what others think, the fact is it was given a penalty and rightly so it was a 'penalty'. We deserved our victory and there was no "12th" men for us today, our starting 11 were brilliant in the 2nd half, showed why they are champions.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
love and hate are like day and night......i don't mind if other fans of other teams don't much care for us really.....they are just jealous i think....well who wouldn't be...the amount of talent we have in our team is magnificent...and we have the greatest manager in the world too......how lucky are we.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
that everyone wants to have a pop at you , but i also enjoy wiping the smile off smug liverpool and chelsea fans faces every season when we win trophys again :)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It comes and goes. If/when Manchester United are no longer the dominant force we are today things will change.

Look at Juventus today as compared to Juve with Moggi. People's attitudes have almost completely reversed.

Maybe we get a helping hand here & there. We also get scrutinized far more than most. Platini want's to burn us. :rofl:

All things change. Until then you play the cards your dealt. Deal with the scorn because we're winning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts