Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
bits in red^^^^

If we are being fair, they had more bad luck than good luck last season and they
onlly finished 4 points behind us. I cant believe Im defending Arsenal in this thread
as it makes my skin crawl, but credit where credit is due. They have a great team,
who WILL make plenty of teams scared.

top post jazz, agree with many of your posts!:cool:

pz!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
VaVaVoom said:
I know Arsenal fan's and they were not happy last year to toss away the league.... how could they be happy with that, so that's bull....
believe me mate, i'm not lying...i've seen many posts saying that they overachived and that overall they were happy with the season...

jazz - apart from couple of games where they were robbed including that liverpool game when bendtner cleared the ball from an opponents line i really can't remember any bad luck---losing eduardo was terrible of course, but apart from that i think their main problem was terrible defending (i.e. senderos ) and inexperience...
tbh we can't actually put on scale all the good vs bad things that went their way but in my mind there are still pictures of them coming from behind , to win it in the 93rd....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
CROoney said:
believe me mate, i'm not lying...i've seen many posts saying that they overachived and that overall they were happy with the season...

jazz - apart from couple of games where they were robbed including that liverpool game when bendtner cleared the ball from an opponents line i really can't remember any bad luck---losing eduardo was terrible of course, but apart from that i think their main problem was terrible defending (i.e. senderos ) and inexperience...
tbh we can't actually put on scale all the good vs bad things that went their way but in my mind there are still pictures of them coming from behind , to win it in the 93rd....
We wont sit here and agrue the times when they had good luck and bad luck cos
Ive forgotten most of them tbh. My original point stands though, that Theo didnt say
anything wrong. THey are one of the best teams in Europe. Fact.
and a lot of people agree with me. Lets just see what happens at the end of the
season eh? but if they finish 3rd in the Prem and get to a Q or Semi final of the CL,
and.or do great in the cups, then hats off to them.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Jazz 16 said:
We wont sit here and agrue the times when they had good luck and bad luck cos
Ive forgotten most of them tbh. My original point stands though, that Theo didnt say
anything wrong. THey are one of the best teams in Europe. Fact.
and a lot of people agree with me. Lets just see what happens at the end of the
season eh? but if they finish 3rd in the Prem and get to a Q or Semi final of the CL,
they are one of the best teams around - true - but i think they are the weakest out of the best - united,chelsea,liverpool,real,barca - they are all ahead of them in the CL imo....i also think that given their achivements in the last 4 years they are overrated . i think it's not the same side anymore....
anyway - you mentioned luck when talking about porto or valencia - valencia were twice in a row in the CL finals and they were the winners of the UEFA CUP - arsenal were only once in the final (luck imo ), and they lost 1 UEFA CUP final...Porto were winners of the UEFA Cup and CL in successive times, have many titles in the Portuguese league, so when talking about history and achivements in Europe they are greater than Arsenal....
don't get me wrong - arsenal are a strong side, but i don't think anyone is affraid of them.tbh, in recent seasons i hated when we were playing against them -i had an awful feeling in the stomach - but now, after the last season and after selling their two of their best players i have lost a bit of respect for them - i think they'll finish 4th in the EPL and 1/4 finals of the CL

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
i'm sorry but it was just funny to see that after barcelona's recent displays (both in the CL and domestic league ) , and our displays, theo saying someone is affraid of THEM ....them - who should have lost in ukraine, and lost to hull city at home - and that is not coincidence...
speaking of barca who are, taking into account their current form, the number 1 candidates for the title, i'm a little worried ;) that we are just behind them - i don't like us hitting the top gear just yet - it is important to be in the best form in april

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
now - i'm affraid of them...if all the decisions go their way like against west ham ( 3 handballs in the area , and for none of them the penalty was awarded ) then we really need to be affraid of them ! :p
of if that had only happened to them mr.whiner would be screaming like a "beach" he is .... .p

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
europe is affraid of them ????????????

them ?????????

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
but if they finish 3rd in the Prem and get to a Q or Semi final of the CL,

Hats off to them if they finish 3rd in the Prem? thats not very high standards for the third richest PL club. I mean shouldn't they be able to buy third place at least?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
lol - last nights result proves that their last win in turkey was more down to luck than to some quality display....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agreed Jazz, credit where credit is due...however, I'm not a fan of players (especially younger inexperienced guys like Theo) going as far as saying that other teams will be "scared to play [them]"!
Arsenal are an incredible side to watch, and when they're at their best, they can rip apart the best defenses in the World I think, but having said that, no quality side will be "scared" to play Arsenal.
Sure, lesser teams will, but I don't think players like Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Cannavaro, Puyol are ever scared of playing a team like that, I think they relish the challenge, and you have to as a great team!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts