Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United and Chelsea, along with Leeds, have the worst fans in England, a report has revealed.

Figures in Police Review magazine show supporters of the three clubs were most likely to attack officers or be racially or sexually abusive.

Policing supporters costs £10million a year. The North West, which has 23 league clubs, is the area where cops face the biggest struggle with aggressive fans. There can be just a dozen officers to deal with thousands of fans travelling to a game by train.

Supt Graham Bamford said: "A match between Bolton and Man Utd would be hugely problematic for us as there is a history between these clubs."

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Stupid coppers, we need more coppers because the Health & Safety idiots state that X number of coppers must "police" X number of fans!!

When I was on the Stretford End we had ONE copper watching the entire central section simply because there was no need for them there.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proves how the so called 'Report' is a load of crap! 1 copper against how many fans in the Stretford End - Really trouble but 1 copper, great Police work there. I found the story on several websites one which is unreliable.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't think this is something you can monitor with a formula. 1 cop for every X fans is complete bs.

I mean, think about it... How many cops do you need at a poetry reading conference.

It's purely based on the atmosphere of the event and history between sides (especially in competition). I mean... you'll need a lot more security at a rivalry game than a friendly.

Of course, Common sense applies - such a shame it's a lost art :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Manchester United and Chelsea, along with Leeds, have the worst fans in England, a report has revealed.

Figures in Police Review magazine show supporters of the three clubs were most likely to attack officers or be racially or sexually abusive.

Policing supporters costs £10million a year.
Code:
The North West, which has 23 league clubs, is the area where cops face the biggest struggle with aggressive fans
. There can be just a dozen officers to deal with thousands of fans travelling to a game by train.

Supt Graham Bamford said: "A match between Bolton and Man Utd would be hugely problematic for us as there is a history between these clubs."
thats coz the dibble are wankers in the north west

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I've never had any trouble at the football.

Last time I went (last weekend) I thought there could be a problem because after I left the stadium I was walking up Sir Matt Busby Way and it quickly became obvious that 2 United fans had decided to bring their Liverpool supporting mate with them :eek: (or he was quite simply a moron!)

They were singing 'We've won it 2 times without killing anyone' and he was responding with 'In Istanbul we won it five times'...but apart from a few funny looks he just got ignored, thankfully.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
reddwarf said:
I've never had any trouble at the football.

Last time I went (last weekend) I thought there could be a problem because after I left the stadium I was walking up Sir Matt Busby Way and it quickly became obvious that 2 United fans had decided to bring their Liverpool supporting mate with them :eek: (or he was quite simply a moron!)

They were singing 'We've won it 2 times without killing anyone' and he was responding with 'In Istanbul we won it five times'...but apart from a few funny looks he just got ignored, thankfully.
Just some boys having some fun between themselves. The problem I think is when other people like to be nosey and make some problem with this. If they ignore this what is the problem ?

If someone say to me "We won it 5 times in Istanbul " I tell them they only win it once in Istanbul.........the other 4 were somewhere else - and I ask them if they know where......most dont ...... assholes :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts